Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued online Written Examination syllabus and test pattern in PDF for Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination 2023. All candidates can download written examination scheme & complete syllabus in PDF for admission to IMA, INA, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy (OTA) Interested candidates CDS Syllabus Exam 2023 PDF- Download At upsc.gov.in Check the full notification carefully, before applying online
UPSC CDS Examination Scheme 2023
- The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:-
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||13||2 Hours||100|
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
UPSC CDS Examination Standard 2023
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
CDS Examination Syllabus 2023
- English (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- General Knowledge (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Elementary Mathematics (Code No. 03):
Number System- Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory- Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS Syllabus Exam 2023 PDF- Download Important Links
|Download Syllabus PDF||Click Here For Syllabus|
|Apply Online For||CDS Exam 2023|
|Download Notification||Click Here For Notification|
|Official Website||Click Here To Open Official Website|
CDS Syllabus Exam 2023 PDF- Download At upsc.gov.in
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे