Daily GK Current Affairs News viable of 15 October 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 15 October 2021 covering the following news headlines: “Rewarding Scheme for Grant of Award to the Good Samaritan”, India’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution, ‘Fishwaale’, small finance bank licence to Unity SFB, World Students’ Day, Global Handwashing Day, International Day of Rural Women.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
Table of Contents
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- National News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Important Days
- MoRTH launches “Rewarding Scheme for Grant of Award to the Good Samaritan”
- The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has launched a “Rewarding Scheme for Grant of Award to the Good Samaritan”.
- The scheme aims to motivate the general public to help the victims of road accident in emergency situation, as well as inspire and motivate others to save innocent lives on road.
- Under this Good Samaritan scheme, a cash award of Rs. 5,000 per incident will be given to those who save the life of a road accident victim by administering immediate assistance and rushing him/her to hospital within the ‘golden hour’ of the mishap, i.e. within 60 minutes of the incident, to provide medical treatment.
- An individual Good Samaritan can be awarded maximum 5 times in a year.
- The Scheme would come into effect from October 15, 2021.
- Department of Biotechnology launches India’s first ‘One Health’ consortium in post-COVID times
- The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Science and Technology has launched India’s first mega consortium on ‘One Health’ in the post-COVID era.
- The ‘One Health’ project was launched by Dr. Renu Swarup, Secretary, DBT through video conferencing.
- The consortium comprises 27 organisations, and will be led by DBT-National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad.
- The ‘One Health’ is “where man, animal, plants and environment are considered complimentary to each other for maintaining ‘health of all’”.
- Varanasi To Become India’s first City to Start Ropeway Service in Public Transportation
- Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh will become the first city in India to use ropeway services in public transport. Overall, Varanasi will be the third city in the world after Bolivia and Mexico City to use a ropeway in public transport.
- The total cost of the ropeway project is Rs 424 crore. The total distance of 4.2 km will be covered in just 15 minutes.
- The cost of the project will be divided between the central and state government at 80:20.
- Assam launches app ‘Fishwaale’, India’s first e-fish market
- The app named Fishwale has been launched in Assam and is the first e-fish market in India.
- The launching was done by Parimal Shuklabaidya, Minister for Fisheries, Environment and Forest and Excise.
- Tata Sons wins bid to acquire Air India for Rs 18,000 crore
- Talace Pvt Ltd the wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Sons has won the bid to acquire Air India for Rs 18,000 Crore. Tata Sons is the holding company of Tata groups.
- Now Tatas will own:
- 100% stake in Air India (a full-service airline operating in domestic and international markets),
- 100% in its subsidiary Air India Express (a low-cost carrier airline that focusses on short-haul international operations especially in the Middle East market) and
- 50% in the joint venture Air India SATS (airport services on ground and cargo handling)
- It must be noted that Air India was founded by JRD Tata in 1932, but the Jawaharlal Nehru government had taken over 100% stake in Air India from Tata group through nationalisation in 1953 for Rs 2.8 crore.
- The second bid to acquire Air India was for Rs. 15,100 crores by a consortium led by SpiceJet chief Ajay Singh.
- Airtel, Ericsson conducts India’s first rural 5G trial
- Bharti Airtel and Ericsson conducted India’s first 5G network test in a rural location in the first week of October 2021.
- The trial run was conducted at Bhaipur Brahman village on the outskirts of Delhi-NCR using 5G trial spectrum allotted to Airtel.
- RBI grants small finance bank licence to Unity SFB
- The Reserve Bank of India has granted a small finance bank license to a consortium of Centrum Financial Services Limited (Centrum) and Resilient Innovations Private Limited (BharatPe) named Unity Small Finance Bank.
- Unity Small Finance Bank will acquire the assets and liabilities of Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank.
- The RBI had in June 2021 given in-principle approval to Centrum Financial Services Limited to set up a small finance bank.
- Satya Nadella-led Microsoft team wins 2021 C.K. Prahalad Award
- Indian American Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella has won the prestigious C K Prahlad award for Global Business Sustainability Leadership for the year 2021, along with three other top leaders of Microsoft.
- Apart from Nadella, Microsoft’s President and Vice-Chair Brad Smith, Chief financial officer Amy Hood and chief environment officer Lucas Joppa have shared the award for Global Business Sustainability Leadership.
- The four top Microsoft leaders have received the Award for their collaborative leadership to transform Microsoft into a carbon negative company by 2030 and remove all its historical emissions by 2050.
- C K Prahlad award for Leadership by an Individual Executive : This award has been given to Ecolab Chairman and former CEO, Douglas M. Baker, Jr. for his efforts to educate the business community about corporate responsibility and the business risks of global water scarcity and the need to account for the true value of water in financial decision making.
- About C K Prahlad Award: The award was created in 2010 by the Corporate Eco Forum (CEF) in honour of its founding Advisory Board member C.K. Prahalad. The award recognizes winners for exemplifying the fundamental connection between sustainability, innovation and long-term business success in a globalizing world.
- Global Handwashing Day : 15 October
- Global Handwashing Day (GHD) is celebrated every year on 15 October.
- It is an international hand washing campaign to inspire and mobilize people around the world to improve their hand washing habits.
- was established in 2008 by the Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP) (formerly called the “Public Private Partnership for Handwashing” (PPPHW)).
- The theme of GHD 2021 is “Our future is in hand – let’s move forward together”.
- International Day of Rural Women: 15 October
- The International Day of Rural Women is observed on October 15 each year.
- The United Nations General Assembly established the day on 18 December 2007 and was observed for the first time in 2008.
- 2021 theme: “Rural Women Cultivating Good Food for All”
- The day recognizes the crucial role of women and girls in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods and overall well-being.
- In India, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare observes the day as the Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas since 2016, to increase the active participation of women in agriculture.
- World Students’ Day: 15 October
- World Students Day is celebrated every year on 15 October to mark the birth anniversary of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2010 the United Nations declared 15 October as “World Student Day“, due to Kalam’s love for students and who was himself a dedicated teacher and put himself at the forefront of that role before anything else.
- 2021 marks the 90th birth anniversary of former President and ‘Missile Man’ Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 15 October 2021 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 12 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 11 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 9th October 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- WB Police Lady Constable / SI Online Form 2021 - Post 9720
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे