Daily GK Current Affairs News viable of 16th July 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 16th July 2021. covering the following news headlines: International Cooperation and Convention Centre ‘Rudraksh’ in Varanasi, ‘Grain ATM’ launched in Gurugram, BHIM–UPI in Bhutan, RBI bans Mastercard from onboarding new customers on its network from July 22.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows:
- National News
- International News
- Banking News
- Business News
- Obituaries News
- India’s first ‘Grain ATM’ launched in Gurugram
- India’s first food grain distribution ATM has been set up at Farrukhnagar in Gurugram district of Haryana under a pilot project which aims to make the hassle and complaint free ration distribution for citizens.
- The machine is called as Automated, Multi Commodity, Grain Dispensing Machine.
- These grain ATMs are being installed under the ‘World Food Program’ of ‘United Nation’.
- Once the pilot project is completed successfully, these Grain ATMs will be installed at all Government ration depots across the state.
- The ‘Grain ATM’ is equipped with biometric system with a touch screen, so that beneficiaries can use ration cards or fingerprints to use it.
- Consumers who wait in long queues to get their ration outside the shops will get relief using this machine .
- At the same time, all complaints regarding long queues, time and accurate measurement of ration from government shops will be resolved.
- PM Modi inaugurates the International Cooperation and Convention Centre ‘Rudraksh’ in Varanasi
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the International Cooperation and Convention Center-Rudraksh in Varanasi on July 15, 2021. The center has been built with Japanese assistance.
- PM Modi is on a one-day visit to his parliamentary constituency Varanasi, where he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several development projects worth over Rs 1,500 crore from the IIT-BHU ground.
- Public projects and works worth around Rs. 744 crores were inaugurated which included a 100 bed MCH wing in BHU, multi-level parking at Godauliya, Ro-Ro Vessels for tourism development on River Ganga and three lane flyover bridge on the Varanasi Ghazipur Highway.
- Similarly, foundation stones of several projects and public works were laid, worth around Rs. 839 crores. These included the Centre for Skill and Technical Support of Central Institute of Petrochemical Engineering and Technology (CIPET), 143 rural projects under Jal Jeevan Mission and mango and vegetable integrated pack house in Karkhiyaon.
- Ladakh signs MoU with Sikkim to become organic entity by 2025
- The Ladakh administration has signed a tripartite MoU with Sikkim State Organic Certification Agency (SOCCA) to convert the Union Territory of Ladakh into an organic entity by 2025.
- The MoU will facilitate the implementation of the Krishi Vikas Yojana and Mission Organic Development Initiative (MODI) revealed in the Ladakh region.
- The main objective of this MoU is to obtain organic certification for Ladakh after a tie-up with the Government of India.
- The initiative will be completed in three phases. In the first phase, 85 villages will be covered to convert 5000 hectares of land into organic, in the 2nd phase, 82 villages will be covered with an area of 10,000 hectares and in the final phase, 79 villages, covering the remaining areas have been identified.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her Bhutanese Counterpart Lyonpo Namgay Tshering jointly launch BHIM–UPI in Bhutan
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman and her counterpart, Finance Minister of Bhutan, Lyonpo Namge Tshering, jointly launched BHIM-UPI in Bhutan in a virtual ceremony on July 13, 2021.
- India and Bhutan have already enabled interoperability in acceptance of RuPay cards in each other’s countries in two phases, i.e. acceptance of RuPay cards issued in India at terminals located in Bhutan in the first phase, and its Adverse.
- Now with BHIM-UPI, Bhutan has become the first country to adopt Unified Payment Interface (UPI) standards of India for its quick response (QR) code.
- Apart from this, Bhutan is also the first immediate neighbouring country of India to accept mobile-based payments through the BHIM App.
- RBI bans Mastercard from onboarding new customers on its network from July 22
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has barred global card player Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd from onboarding new domestic customers on its network with effect from July 22, 2021, over non-compliance with local data storage regulations.
- This decision is set to affect the card issuing banks and credit card issuers that have co-branded credit cards with vendors on the Mastercard platform or exclusive tie-ups with the payment network for their own credit card issuance.
- Currently, only RBL Bank and Yes Bank have an exclusive tie-up with Mastercard.
- However, following this decision, RBL Bank has now entered into an agreement with Visa Worldwide Pte. Limited to issuance of credit cards enabled on the Visa payment network.
- RBL Bank is the fifth largest credit card issuer in the country with a market share of around 5 per cent.
- Adani Group takes over management of Mumbai airport
- Gautam Adani-led Adani Group has completed the acquisition of ‘Mumbai International Airport’ from GVK Group.
- With this acquisition, Adani Group has become the top company in terms of airport infrastructure companies in India. The Mumbai International Airport will be operated by Adani Airport Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises.
- With the acquisition, Adani Group airports now account for a quarter of the total passenger traffic at airports across India, and a third of the total air cargo.
- National Award winning actress Surekha Sikri passes away
- Three-time National Award winning actress Surekha Sikri passed away. The three-time National Award winner is known for her performances in ‘Tamas’, ‘Mammo’, ‘Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro’, ‘Zubaida’, ‘Badhaai Ho’ and the daily soap ‘Balika Vadhu’.
- She was last seen in the Netflix anthology ‘Ghost Stories’ (2020) in Kahaani directed by Zoya Akhtar.
- Gokulam Kerala AFC to represent India in AFC Women’s Club Championship
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has nominated Gokulam Kerala FC to represent India in the AFC Club Championship 2020-21.
- The winners of the women’s league compete in the tournament but since it would not be held, the national federation designated the champions of the fourth edition.
- Gokulam Kerala FC became the first team from Kerala to win the national title by defeating Kryphsa FC in the final of the Indian Women’s League (IWL) held in Bengaluru in 2019-20.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 16th July 2021 Please Like and Share it.
- Read More
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15th July 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14th July 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13th July 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 12th July 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 11th July 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10th July 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- WB Police Lady Constable / SI Online Form 2021 - Post 9720
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे