Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 17 & 18 November 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 17 & 18 November 2022 covering the following news headlines: Yudh Abhyas, 242nd Corps of Engineers Day, International Table Tennis Federation, Naturopathy Day, World Antimicrobial Awareness Week.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 17 & 18 November 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- IPC Suspends Russian, and Belarusian Committees with Immediate Effect
- The International Paralympic Committee voted to suspend the National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) of Russia and Belarus with immediate effect, dashing the hopes of their para-athletes competing at the 2024 Paralympics.
- Athletes from both countries were previously barred from competing at the Beijing 2022 Winter Paralympics in March over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, for which Belarus has been a staging area. Russia’s suspension was passed by 64 votes against 39, with 16 abstentions, at the IPC’s Extraordinary General Assembly in Berlin. The suspension of the NPC of Belarus passed 54-45, with 18 abstentions.
- Govt of India to Abolish National Anti-profiteering Authority
- The National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) is the anti-profiteering watchdog of GST and is all set to be subsumed into the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- The role of the NAA is to ensure that the benefit of a reduction in tax rate reaches the consumer immediately. This has primarily been the role of the NAA as the GST Council has been tweaking the rates over the past five years. When rates go up there is little for the NAA to do.
- The authorities are still receiving several complaints regarding the initial years of GST, stating that the benefit of the input tax credit has not been fully passed on to the consumers. Sectors like restaurants, cinemas, real estate, fast-moving consumer goods, etc. have faced the most scrutiny from the NAA. In many cases, the regulator ordered the business to refund the allegedly overcharged amount to the consumer.
- President Sh. Murmu appoints Dr. CV Ananda Bose as Governor of West Bengal
- President Draupadi Murmu has appointed Dr. CV Anand Bose as the Governor of West Bengal. Bose (71) is a 1977 batch (retired) Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Kerala cadre. He last served as an administrator at the National Museum here before retiring in 2011. His appointment will be effective from the date he assumes charge.
- Bose has served in different positions both in his cadre state Kerala and at the Centre. He has been the district collector of Quilon district (now Kollam) in Kerala, according to his official records, served as secretary to the then chief minister of the state and additional secretary in the agriculture ministry.
- Uttar Pradesh To Register Maximum Number of New Companies After Maharashtra Post Covid
- Combined data from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) shows that UP has added the highest number of new companies after Maharashtra since the outbreak of Covid-19, beating industrial hubs like Delhi, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks third in terms of the number of active companies after Maharashtra and Delhi. Uttar Pradesh has 1.08 lakh active companies, while Maharashtra and Delhi have 3 lakh and 2.2 lakh active companies, respectively, at the end of September.
- Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are in the fourth and fifth positions with 1.04 lakh and 99,038 active companies, respectively.
- International Gita Mahotsav to be organized at Haryana
- International Gita Mahotsav is to be organized in Kurukshetra from 19th November to 6th December in Haryana. President Draupadi Murmu will participate in this grand festival of Holy Gita. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal said that the President would participate in the Gita Yagya at Brahma Sarovar.
- Renowned international and national scholars of Shrimadbhagwadgita and researchers from India and abroad will present their research papers on the topic ‘World peace and harmony inspired by Shrimadbhagwadgita’.
- Uttarakhand High Court is to be shifted to Haldwani from Nainital
- The Uttarakhand High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani. This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami in Dehradun. Uttarakhand cabinet has also decided to make strict amendments to the conversion law, wherein forced conversion will now be a cognizable offense.
- With the provision of 10 years of punishment under the new law. For this, a bill will be brought to the assembly. The Centre has handed over a 45-acre area near Haldwani for the high court. On October 27, the Central government handed over 45 acres of HMT land in Ranibag, near Haldwani, to the state government for its possible use to benefit the people of the area.
- Wipro the First Indian Company to Set Up European Work Council
- IT company Wipro has reached an agreement with employee representatives on setting up a European Works Council, the company said. The creation of Wipro’s EWC is the first to be established by an Indian headquartered company.
- Senior vice president & CHRO, Wipro Europe stated: “Setting up the EWC strengthens the already successful cooperation with employee representations in many European countries. Wipro aims to provide the best employee experience and create an inclusive environment that welcomes everyone and nurtures an overall sense of belonging.
- The EWC will help us in getting even better as we assimilate employee perspectives on a consistent basis. It also demonstrates that Wipro is applying and adopting European employment standards as a responsible global employer.“
- German Bank ‘KfW’ to Provide 150 million Euro Loan to SBI for Solar Projects
- State Bank of India has signed a loan agreement of 150 million Euros (Rs 1,240 crore) with German development bank KfW for financing solar projects.
- The long-term loan, under the Indo-German Solar Partnership, will facilitate new and upcoming capacities in the solar sector and further contribute to the country’s goals announced during COP26.
- In 2015, New Delhi and Berlin signed an MoU to promote solar energy through technical as well as financial cooperation. Through this agreement, Germany expressed its willingness to provide concessional credit to India to the extent of 1 billion euros through KfW.
- Solar Partnership between SBI and KfW – The successful completion of Phase-1 under the promotion of Solar/PV paves the way for the ongoing Phase-2 in our partnership with the German lender, said Ashwini Tiwari, Managing Director, SBI. With this facility, he said, the bank has taken another step towards sustainable financing arrangements to meet the country’s renewable capacity targets and maintain environmental and social standards.
- Asian Airgun Championship: Shiva Narwal bagged a gold medal
- Shiv Narwal won the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event. India’s gold medal in the Asian Airgun Championship in Daegu, South Korea. The first medal event was the 10 m air pistol women.
- In the gold medal match in the 10m air pistol women’s junior event, Manu Bhaker defeated Isha Singh 17-15.
- The Indian men’s senior and junior 10m air pistol teams also won gold medals in their respective events.
- The senior team of Shiva Narwal, Naveen, and Vijayveer Sidhu along with Mok Jin Mun pulled off a 16-14 upset win over a formidable South Korean team comprising 2018 world champions Lee Daemyung and Park Daehun.
- Switzerland won its first Billie Jean King Cup title by defeating Australia
- Switzerland won its first Billie Jean King Cup title when Belinda Bencic defeated Australia’s Ajla Tomljanovic in the second match of the final to lead 2–0. Jill Teichmann had earlier won 6-3 4-6 6-3 over Storm Sanders last year.
- The teams also met in the semi-finals of last year’s event in Prague, where Teichmann overcame Sanders and Bencic defeated Tomljanovic, before Switzerland finished runner-up to Russia.
- World No. 12 Bencic had not dropped a set all week and extended her run against Tomljanovic, producing a dominant display to win in an hour and 15 minutes.
- Gianni Infantino is set to get the third term as FIFA president
- Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) president Gianni Infantino is getting four more years in charge of football’s governing body after no candidate stepped up to challenge him. Infantino won a five-candidate race in 2016 to replace Sepp Blatter and was re-elected unopposed in 2019.
- He’s now set to stay in the job beyond the 2026 World Cup in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Infantino’s upcoming re-election to the $3 million-per-year job may not be his final term in office. FIFA rules allow him to run again to stay in power for another World Cup cycle until 2031.
- 5th Naturopathy Day is celebrated on 18 November 2022
- National Naturopathy Day is observed in India every year on November 18th, to promote positive mental and physical health through drug-free therapy. National Naturopathy Day was established on November 18th, 2018 by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy), Government of India.
- On November 18th, 1945, Mahatma Gandhi became the Chairman of the All India Nature Cure Foundation Trust and signed the agreement aimed at making the benefits of Nature Cure available to all classes of people, therefore, this day was chosen to be observed as National Naturopathy Day.
- The Theme for this year’s event is “Naturopathy: an Integrative medicine”. At this conference, we will learn about developments in the field of naturopathy from eminent researchers and practitioners in relation to education, research, integrative medicine, and public health in addition to exploring newer avenues and areas in naturopathy.
- UNGA designates Nov 18 as World Day for the prevention of child sexual abuse
- The United Nations General Assembly has declared 18 November as the World Day for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Violence.
- The new World Day aims to bring global visibility to the trauma of child sexual abuse, with the hope that governments will take action to fight it. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), millions of children are victims of sexual violence every year.
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: 18-24 November 2022
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) runs from 18 to 24 November every year. It’s an international initiative to increase awareness of the growing problem of resistance to antibiotics and other antimicrobial medicines.
- The purpose of the week is to increase awareness of global antimicrobial resistance and encourage best practices among the general public, health workers, and policymakers to avoid the further emergence and spread of drug-resistant infections.
- This year, the theme of WAAW is “Preventing Antimicrobial Resistance Together.”
- The World Health Organisation launched “World Antibiotic Awareness Week” in 2015 to raise global awareness and promote action to halt the emergence and spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The campaign was rebranded as “World Antimicrobial Awareness Week” in 2020.
- National Epilepsy Day is Observed On 17 November
- Every year, on 17 November, National Epilepsy Day is observed in India to raise awareness about the condition. National Epilepsy Day 2022 is celebrated to raise awareness among people about epilepsy. To raise awareness about the causes and symptoms of epilepsy, several governmental and non-governmental organizations will celebrate National Epilepsy Day in 2022. A persistent brain disease called epilepsy is marked by periodic “seizures” or “seizures”.
- International Epilepsy Day is observed across the world on the second Monday of February every year. 2022, International Epilepsy Day falls on February 14, 2022.
- According to the Epilepsy Foundation, the theme for National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM) 2022 is “There is no NEAM without ME”.
- World COPD Day 2022 observed on 16 November
- World COPD Day is observed on the third Wednesday of November. This year World COPD Day is observed on 16 November. The day aims to create awareness about the status and ways to reduce the burden of COPD around the world.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the third leading cause of death worldwide. It aims to raise awareness, share knowledge and discuss ways to reduce the burden of COPD worldwide. The 2022 theme for World COPD Day will be “Your Lungs for Life” and it will take place on 16 November. This year’s theme aims to highlight the importance of lifelong lung health.
- The first World COPD Day was held in 2002. Organizers carry out activities in more than 50 countries each year, making the day one of the world’s most important COPD awareness and education events.
- World Philosophy Day 2022 is observed on 17 November
- World Philosophy Day is commemorated on the third Thursday of November every year. This year it will fall on November 17. The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) proclaimed it an International day in 2005.
- However, that was not always the case. World Philosophy Day was first celebrated on November 21, 2002. UNESCO aimed to raise public awareness about philosophy and how vital it is, not only to connect the world today but to the past and present, as well as for a better understanding of the future.
- The theme for the 2022 World Philosophy Day is ‘The Human of the Future. UNESCO along with Le Fresnoy – National Studio of Contemporary Arts has organized a symposium and exhibition.
- Indian Basketball Legend Abbas Moontasir passes away at 80
- Former India basketball captain and Arjuna awardee, Ghulam Abbas Muntasir passed away in Mumbai. He was born in 1942 in Mumbai. He started playing in Nagpada by the American missionaries, later he got inclined toward basketball.
- From the Nagpada Basketball Association to the international stage, he has always been an aggressive player with a unique physical style on the court.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 17 & 18 November 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 16 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 15 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 14 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 13 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 12 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 11 November 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे