Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable as of 16 November 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 16 November 2022 covering the following news headlines: National Newborn Week, National Press Day, International Day for Tolerance, PRCI Excellence Awards 2022, MS Dhoni.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news held all day long. One should have full knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 16 November 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Jeff Bezos Amazon Company Becomes the First Company in History to Lose $1 Trillion Market Cap
- Amazon.com Inc. The world’s first public company to lose a trillion dollars in market value as a combination of rising inflation, tighter monetary policies, and disappointing earnings updates triggered a historic selloff in the stock this year.
- Shares of the e-commerce and cloud company are down 4.3%, down from a July 2021 record high of $1.88 trillion to nearly $879 billion. The stock has lost about 48% of its value this year alone and is a far cry from July 2021 when the company’s market cap touched nearly $1.9 trillion.
- Amazon’s market value fell below the $1 trillion mark on November 1, just days after the company posted mixed third-quarter earnings and forecast the company’s slowest fourth-quarter growth ever.
- GoI nominates Vivek Joshi as Director of RBI’s central board
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that the government has nominated Vivek Joshi as a director on its central board. Joshi, who is the Secretary, of the Department of Financial Services, will hold the post of Director in RBI.
- The nomination has become effective from 15 November 2022 until further orders. The Central Government has nominated Vivek Joshi, Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, as Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India in place of Sanjay Malhotra.
- NMDC Sweeps PRCI Excellence Awards 2022
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) bagged the Champion of Champions Award, sweeping the 16th PRCI Global Communication Conclave 2022, to bring home fourteen Corporate Communication Excellence Awards. The awards were presented at the Global Communication Conclave organized by the Public Relations Council of India (PRCI) in Kolkata.
- NMDC won Gold awards for Most Resilient Company of the Year; Internal Communication Campaign, Corporate Brochure; Best PSE Implementing CSR.
- It won Silver Awards in the categories of Best Use of CSR for Childcare; Corporate Community Impact; Best Corporate Event; Unique HR Initiatives; Annual Report; Arts, Culture & Sports Campaign
- It also won Bronze Awards for Visionary Leadership; Website of the Year; Innovative Environmental Program and Consolation Award for Best Use of Social Media.
- Gagan Narang, Mary Kom, PV Sindhu & Mirabai elected as IOA Athletes Commission member
- Olympic medalists MC Mary Kom, PV Sindhu, Mirabai Chanu, and Gagan Narang are among 10 eminent sportspersons who have been elected as members of the Athletes Commission of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA). All the 10 elected members of the apex body, five men and as many women won the election unopposed.
- Under the new constitution of the Indian Olympic Association that was adopted on November 10, the Athletes’ Commission is to have equal representation of male and female members.
- BCCI prepares to Send SOS to MS Dhoni for a BIG ROLE with Indian T20 Set-Up
- According to sources, after repeated failures in ICC events, the Indian cricket board is all set to knock on the doors of the man who has conquered world events at will. After the T20 World Cup debacle in Australia, the BCCI is set to send an SOS to Mahendra Singh Dhoni for a bigger role in the Indian T20 cricket setup. According to BCCI sources, the board is considering calling Dhoni on a permanent basis with Indian cricket.
- BCCI feels that the burden of managing 3 formats is becoming too much for head coach Rahul Dravid. This is the reason why BCCI is considering splitting the coaching roles. The board is interested in including Dhoni in the T20 format and using his skills to raise the standard of the Indian cricket team.
- National Newborn Week 2022: 15 to 21 November
- In India, National Newborn Week is celebrated every year from 15 to 21 November. This week aims to reinforce the importance of neonatal health as a priority area of the health sector and reduce infant mortality by improving healthcare conditions for infants in the neonatal period. The main purpose of celebrating this week is to raise awareness about the care of newborn babies.
- The theme of this week is ‘Safety, Quality and Nurturing Care – Every Newborn’s Birth Right. This year’s theme for NNW has been chosen to ensure reaching every newborn with quality and developmentally supportive healthcare services rendering safety and dignity at all service delivery platforms – Health Facilities, Community Outreach Sessions, Homes, etc.
- National Press Day 2022 Observed On 16 November
- National Press Day is observed every year on 16 November to acknowledge and honor the Press Council of India (PCI). The day marks the presence of a free and responsible press in the country. The Press Council of India also monitors the quality of reporting by the Indian press and monitors journalistic activities.
- In the year 1956, the First Press Commission decided to form a body with statutory authority, which has the responsibility of upholding the ethics of journalism. The commission felt that there was a need for a managing body to liaise with the press people and mediate any issues that may arise.
- PCI was formed in 1966 on 16th November. The National Press Day of India is celebrated every year since then on 16 November to commemorate the establishment of the Council.
- International Day for Tolerance observed on 16 November
- International Day for Tolerance is observed every year on 16 November with the aim of building tolerance among different cultures and spreading the message that tolerance is an integral part of society. The day is especially recognized to educate people about the harmful consequences of an intolerant society and its impact on the nation.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution 51/95 in 1996 declaring 16 November as the International Day for Tolerance. The action followed the adoption of the Declaration of Principles on Tolerance by UNESCO member states on the same day in 1995. In 1995, the United Nations paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 125th birth anniversary and began celebrating the International Day of Tolerance.
- Telugu film superstar Krishna Garu passes away
- Veteran actor Ghattamaneni Krishna, popularly known as Krishna Garu and known as ‘Superstar’ in the Telugu film industry, passed away. He was 80 years old. He was the father of Telugu film superstar Mahesh Babu. He acted in more than 350 films during his long career in the film industry. His first film Theene Manasulu was released in 1965. He got Padma Bhushan in 2009.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 16 November 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 15 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 14 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 13 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 12 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 11 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 10 November 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे