Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 19 January 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 19 January 2023 covering the following news headlines: National Disaster Response Force day, Hashim Amla, Global Fire Power Index, World Economic Forum Centre.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 19 January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Miscellaneous News
- Pakistan is South Asia’s Weakest Economy, World Bank report
- World Bank forecast Pakistan’s economic growth to slow further to two percent during the current year. This will mark a drop of two percentage points from its June 2022 estimates, according to the World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects report.
- The report said that Pakistan’s economic output was not only declining itself but also bringing down the regional growth rate as well. Forecasting Pakistan’s GDP growth rate to improve to 3.2 percent in 2024, the report said, “Policy uncertainty further complicates the economic outlook” of Pakistan.
- This pace reflects still robust growth in India, Maldives, and Nepal, offsetting the effects of the floods in Pakistan and the economic and political crises in Afghanistan and Sri Lanka. The deteriorating global environment, however, will weigh on investment in the region,” the report said pointing to a “sharp, long-lasting slowdown” with global growth expected at 1.7 percent this year.
- New Zealand’s PM Jacinda Ardern announces resignation
- New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, a global figure in progressive politics, has sent shockwaves across the nation. She was re-elected for a second term in 2020, a victory buoyed by her government’s “go hard and go early” approach, which saw the COVID-19 pandemic force New Zealand to implement some of the world’s strictest border rules. seen doing, separating families and locking them up. For about two years almost all foreigners were driven out.
- Ardern won international praise for her compassionate handling of the 2019 Christchurch mosque massacre, in which 51 Muslim worshipers were killed and another 40 were injured.
- PM Modi Inaugurated the Second Phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the second phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 through video conferencing. Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 is being organized by Harish Dwivedi, MP from Basti from 2021 in Basti district, Uttar Pradesh.
- Khel Mahakumbh includes various competitions in both indoor and outdoor sports like wrestling, kabaddi, kho kho, basketball, football, hockey, volleyball, handball, chess, carrom, badminton, table tennis, etc. Essay writing, painting, Rangoli making, etc. are also organized during Khel Mahakumbh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has mentioned that Basti is the holy land of Maharishi Vashishtha which is made of labor and meditation, penance, and sacrifice.
- Bharti Airtel to Invest Rs 2,000 Crore to set up Hyperscale data Centre in Hyderabad
- Bharti Airtel Group announced that it will be investing Rs 2,000 crore for setting up a large hyperscale data center in Hyderabad. The announcement was made at the Telangana Lounge in Davos, Switzerland in the presence of the Telangana Minister for IT and Industries K T Rama Rao.
- The release added that the Bharti Airtel Group, through its data center arm, Extra Data Centers, will invest the amount as capital investment for the infrastructure which will further attract investments from their customers.
- A data Centre is a dedicated space or building that houses an organization’s IT equipment and servers. The company can draw on its data center resources to operate its business or serve those resources to the public as a service.
- A Hyperscale data center is essentially the premise that provides space, power, and cooling for network infrastructure designed specifically for offering a portfolio of highly scalable applications and storage services to businesses.
- Google pilots ‘Soundpod by Google Pay’ for UPI payments in India
- Google is actively working on a soundbox for the Indian market, like the ones you see on Paytm or PhonePe at your neighborhood shop that give sound alerts on digital payments made. The search giant is operating its own soundbox in the country to alert sellers of confirmations for Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based payments.
- The company has branded them as ‘SoundPod by Google Pay’ and is currently distributing it as a pilot with some shopkeepers in North India including Delhi. The SoundPods are being made by Amazon-backed ToneTag, as per the report.
- SBI raises Rs 9,718 cr via infra bonds
- SBI has raised Rs 9,718 crore by issuing its second infrastructure bond at a coupon rate of 7.70 percent per annum for 15 years money. This is the second fund since early December when it raised Rs 10,000 crore through infra bonds.
- The proceeds of the fund will be used to raise long-term resources for financing infrastructure and affordable housing. The issue received a good response from investors with bids amounting to Rs 14,805 crore, indicating an oversubscription of 2.96 times from 118 bidders, investors from mutual funds, provident and pension funds, and insurance companies.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited was Awarded the Best Bank Award
- Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) has won the Best Small Bank award in the Best Banks survey for the year 2022. The Best Banks survey was conducted by Business Today- KPMG (BT-KPMG Best Bank Survey). The bank has won the Best Small Bank award in the category of banks with a book size of less than Rs 1 lakh crore.
- BT-KPMG is conducting the survey and awarding the best banks for the last 27 years with 37 parameters to declare a bank as an awardee.
- TBM has shown its performance to come out as a topper in the respective categories.
- ICC suspended Rwanda’s Geovanis Uwase for illegal bowling action
- Rwanda pacer Giovanis Uwase has been suspended by the ICC from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect after his action was found illegal in the Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup.
- The decision was taken by the Event Panel, which includes members of the ICC Panel of Human Movement Specialists. Uwase was reported by match officials during Rwanda’s match against Pakistan on 15 January, and footage captured during their match against Zimbabwe on 17 January was shared with the events panel for review.
- South Africa’s Hashim Amla ended his 22-year cricket playing career
- Hashim Amla ended his 22-year playing career, securing his legacy as one of South Africa’s greatest cricketers of all time. Amla was a key member of one of South Africa’s most potent teams when they lifted the Test Championship mace in 2012 with a series win in England.
- Amla set a South African record by scoring 311 not out in the First Test at The Oval in London. He made his first-class debut for the Kwa-Zulu-Natal team against the touring England team in December 1999 at the age of 16 and made his Test debut five years later against India in Kolkata.
- 18th National Disaster Response Force Day celebrates on 19th January 2023
- 18th National Disaster Response Force day is celebrated on January 19, 2023, by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF). The day has been celebrated on this day since 2006 when the rescue force was officially formed.
- The specialized, multi-skilled rescue force is made up of battalions from the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and the Assam Rifles.
- The NDRF is the primary agency responsible for conducting rescue operations during disasters like drowning, building collapses, landslides, devastating floods, earthquakes, and cyclones.
- World’s oldest person, Lucile Randon passes away at the age of 118
- The world’s oldest person, French nun Lucile Randon has died at the age of 118. Randon, also known as Sister Andre, was born in southern France on February 11, 1904, a decade before World War I. He was long considered the oldest European. But last year at the age of 119, the death of Ken Tanaka of Japan made him the oldest person in the world.
- The record for the oldest confirmed age by a human is held by Jean Calment of southern France, who died in 1997 at the age of 122. Guinness World Records officially recognized his status in April 2022.
- J&K Becomes First Indian UT to Completely Shift to e-Governance Mode
- Jammu & Kashmir becomes the first union territory in India to completely switch to a digital method of administration, leading the way in the digital transformation of governance. All governmental and administrative services in Jammu & Kashmir are currently only offered digitally.
- The declaration was made during the meeting of the Committee of Secretaries. Chief Secretary Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta instructed the commissioner of IT during the meeting to make sure that all government services would only be accessible online.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 19 January 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 18 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 17 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 16 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 14 & 15 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 12 & 13 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 10 & 11 January 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे