Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 27 February 2023. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 27 February 2023 covering the following news headlines: PM-KISAN, Renaming of Aurangabad & Osmanabad, Torkham crossing, Zhongxing-26 Satellite Mission, Marathi Bhasa Gaurav Din.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 27 February 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Awards News
- Important Days
- Miscellaneous News
- China Resumes Orbital Launches With Zhongxing-26 Satellite Mission
- China sent the Zhongxing-26 communications satellite into orbit on 23 February, marking orbital launches resuming after a pause for the Chinese New Year.
- The Long March 3B rocket lifted off from Xichang in southwest China at 6:49 am Eastern (1149 UTC), successfully sending Zhongxing-26 (ChinaSat-26) into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
- The China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) confirmed the success of the launch within hours.
- The launch was China’s first since January 15, after which activity halted for the Chinese New Year. This is the fifth Long March launch this calendar year, with CASC planning more than 60 launches in 2023. Various Chinese commercial companies plan to add 20 or more launches to the total.
- Trade resumes as Pakistan, and Afghanistan reopen Torkham crossing
- Normal trade and movement of people between Pakistan and Afghanistan fully resumed after the two sides halted nearly a week ago by thousands of trucks carrying supplies, stranded people, and food and essential commodities from Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers. Reopened an important range given.
- The Afghan Embassy in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad announced the reopening of the Torkham border. Pakistani officials in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province and the Taliban-appointed administrator of Afghanistan also confirmed that the border crossing is open to travelers and trade.
- Union Government Approved Renaming of Aurangabad & Osmanabad in Maharashtra
- Chief Minister Eknath Shinde confirmed that Aurangabad city will be renamed Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar, and Osmanabad city will be called Dharashiv. After a year the proposal to rename Aurangabad and Osmanabad has been approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Ministry stated that it has no objection to renaming cities. The initial proposal was made in a cabinet meeting during the Maha Vikas Aghadi government in June 2022 before Uddhav Thackeray resigned as the then-chief minister.
- After claiming that the decision by the Uddhav government was illegal, On July 16, 2022, a Government Resolution was passed by the two-member cabinet, comprising Eknath Shinde and his deputy Devendra Fadnavis, for changing the names, and a proposal was then forwarded to the Centre.
- Amit Shah Addressed ‘Kol Janjati Mahakumbh’ at Madhya Pradesh
- Union Home Minister and Cooperation Minister, Amit Shah addressed the ‘Kol Tribe Mahakumbh’ organized on the occasion of Shabri Mata Janam Jayanti in Satna, Madhya Pradesh.
- Home Minister Amit Shah offered prayers at Maa Sharda Shaktipeeth. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and many dignitaries were present.
- Addressing the gathering, Home Minister Amit Shah said that under the leadership of Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the foundation stone of 70 development works worth Rs 507 crore and several other works worth Rs 26 crore were inaugurated.
- PM Modi to disburse 13th installment of Rs 16,800 Cr under PM-KISAN
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will spend the 13th installment of the income support program PM-Kisan, totaling more than Rs 16,800 crore to more than eight crore beneficiary farmers in Belagavi, Karnataka.
- The program distributes Rs 6,000 annually in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 into each eligible landholder farmer’s bank account.
- When PM-Kisan was introduced in February 2019, more than Rs 2.2 lakh crore had been distributed nationwide to over 11 crore landholder farmer families.
- In May and October last year, the 11th and 12th installments of the current financial year’s funding were available.
- Marathi Bhasa Gaurav Din 2023: History, Importance, and Celebration
- Maharashtra state celebrates Marathi Language Day every year on 27 February in India. The State Legislature has laid down the rules for this day.
- The occasion marks the birthday of the famous Marathi veteran poet Kusumagraj. Kusumagraj significantly influenced the cultural landscape of Maharashtra and worked tirelessly to promote Marathi as a scientific language.
- The Government of Maharashtra decided to honor the mother tongue and memory of Kusumagraj by declaring his birthday as “Marathi Bhasha Gaurav Divas”, which is on January 21, 2013.
- Kerala signs pact with UN Women to empower women in tourism
- The Government of Kerala and UN Women entered into an agreement to promote activities that welcome women into the state’s tourism industry.
- Kerala Tourism and UN Women India have committed to promoting gender-inclusive tourism destinations across the state through the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- The responsible tourism mission will fulfill the MoU terms, signed by UN Women India representative Susan Ferguson and Kerala Tourism director PB Noh.
- Karnataka plans the country’s first marina at Byndoor
- The Karnataka Government will build the country’s first Marina or a boat basin offering dockage, at Byndoor in Udupi district to promote coastal tourism in Karnataka.
- The government will also seek permission from the Centre to relax the coastal regulation zone (CRZ) to take up the beach and pilgrim tourism in coastal areas.
- The government will collect the history of the greatest dynasties such as Ganga, Kadamba, Rashtrakoota, Chalukya, and Hoysala from the Department of Archaeology and develop the history of tourism in the state. This will not only help the development of tourism but also help people understand the state’s rich history.
- Nokia updates its logo to mark the beginning of a new era
- Nokia will no longer use the blue color and will instead use whatever is more appropriate given the circumstances, so no specific color scheme has been allocated.
- According to Lundmark, Nokia is no longer just a smartphone maker, but an “enterprise technology company”.
- Nokia will focus more on selling equipment to other companies while expanding its telecom equipment business.
- These include equipment for automated manufacturing and private 5G networks, positioning the business as a rival to Microsoft and Amazon in the industry.
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: Australia clinch 6th Women’s T20 World Cup title
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Final: Australia won the Women’s T20 World Cup for the sixth time when they defeated South Africa by 19 runs in the final at Newlands. Opener Beth Mooney propelled the Australian innings to 156 for six with an unbeaten 74.
- This was Australia’s sixth win in Women’s T20 World Cup history and completed a hat-trick of tournament wins under skipper Meg Lanning after their triumphs in 2018 and 2020. Australia’s previous victories came in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018, and 2020.
- Australia’s Ashley Gardner is the winner of the ICC Player of the Tournament award.
- Madhya Pradesh wins senior women’s national hockey championship
- Hockey Madhya Pradesh was named the winner of the 13th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship in 2023 after defeating Hockey Maharashtra 5-1 in the championship game in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- In the meantime, Hockey Jharkhand finished third after winning the third-place game against Hockey Haryana.
- Diksha Tiwari converted two early on in the game as Hockey Madhya Pradesh used penalty corners to defeat Hockey Maharashtra in today’s Final.
- Hockey Maharashtra had a chance to win with just a few seconds left thanks to a goal from Lalrindiki (25′), but Hockey Madhya Pradesh won with to goals from Manmeet Kaur (38′), Preeti Dubey (42′), and Aishwarya Chavan (42′).
- Daniil Medvedev defeats Andy Murray, wins Qatar Open title
- Daniil Medvedev won the Qatar Open in his professional tennis debut, defeating Andy Murray 6–4, 6–4 in the final game between the two former No. 1s. Medvedev started quickly in each set. In the first, he scored 4–1, and in the second 3–1.
- Murray retaliated but was silenced by Medvedev to win his 17th singles championship.
- Medvedev also won in Rotterdam, extending his winning streak to nine games.
- Medvedev has now won 18 Tour-level championships, including winning in Rotterdam last week.
- Computer scientist Hari Balakrishnan wins the 2023 Marconi Prize
- Computer scientist Hari Balakrishnan has been awarded the 2023 Marconi Prize. Dr. Balakrishnan has been cited “for his fundamental contributions to wired and wireless networking, mobile sensing, and distributed systems”.
- The Marconi Prize is a top honor for computer scientists and is awarded by the US-based Marconi Foundation. It is given to those who have “made a significant contribution to enhancing digital inclusion through advanced information and communication technology.”
- World NGO Day 2023 observed on 27th February
- World NGO Day is an annual international observance on February 27 to recognize the contributions of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- The day was first celebrated in 2010 and has since become an annual event that highlights the work of NGOs around the world.
- It provides an opportunity to advocate for policies that support their efforts. World NGO Day aims to create awareness about the sector and encourage people across the world who work in the sector for a good cause.
- One interesting fact about World NGO Day is that the governments of each country, appreciate these people working selflessly in their official state languages.
- IOC to set up green hydrogen plants at all refineries
- India’s top oil firm IOC will set up green hydrogen plants at all its refineries as it pivots a Rs 2-lakh crore green transition plan to achieve net-zero emissions from its operations by 2046, its chairman Shrikant Madhav Vaidya said.
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) is re-modeling business with an increased focus on petrochemicals to hedge volatility in the fuel business, while at the same time turning petrol pumps into energy outlets that offer EV charging points and battery swapping options besides conventional fuels as it looks to make itself future-ready, he said.
- The company intends to expand its refining capacity to 106.7 million tonnes per annum from 81.2 million tonnes as it sees India’s oil demand climbing from 5.1 million barrels per day to 7-7.2 million bpd by 2030 and 9 million bpd by 2040.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 27 February 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs Viable Of 26 February 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 25 February 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 24 February 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 23 February 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 22 February 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 21 February 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे