Daily Current Affair News viable of 23rd May 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 23rd May 2021. covering the following news headlines: DRDO develops indigenous Covid-19 antibody detection kit DIPCOVAN, Bihar Government Launches ‘HIT COVID’ App to Track Home Isolated Patients, China successfully launches new ocean observation satellite ‘Haiyang-2D’, Narinder Batra re-elected as FIH President, Chipko Movement Leader Sunderlal Bahuguna Passes Away of COVID-19 at 94.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 23rd May 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows:
- International News
- National News
- Banking & Economy News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituary News
- China successfully launches new ocean observation satellite ‘Haiyang-2D’
- China successfully launched a new ocean-monitoring satellite Haiyang-2D (HY-2D) into orbit on May 19, 2021 from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Northwest China on the Long March-4B rocket.
- HY-2D will create a planetarium with the HY-2B and HY-2C satellites, which will build high-frequency and medium and large-scale, round-the-clock dynamic ocean environment monitoring systems to provide early warning on maritime disasters.
- The constellation will support China in detecting early warning and prediction of marine disasters, sustainable development and utilization of ocean resources, effective response to global climate change as well as ocean research.
- Six more Indian sites added to Tentative List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, taking total tally to 48
- The Ministry of Culture has recently announced that six Indian sites have been added to the UNESCO Temporary List of World Heritage Sites.
- With the addition of these six sites, the total number of Indian sites has risen to 48 in the UNESCO’s list of possible World Heritage Sites.
The six sites are:
- Bhedaghat- Lametaghat in Narmada Valley- Jabalpur
- Satpura Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh
- Megalithic site of Hire Benkal, Karnataka
- The riverfront of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Maratha Military Architecture in Maharashtra
- Temples of Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- DRDO develops indigenous Covid-19 antibody detection kit DIPCOVAN
- The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed a COVID-19 antibody detection kit named DIPCOVAN.
- The test kit provides results in just 75 minutes without any cross-reactivity with other diseases and will cost just Rs.75 per test.
- It can detect spike as well as nucleocapsid (S&N) proteins of SARS-CoV-2 virus with 97% high sensitivity and 99% specificity.
- The kit has been developed by DRDO’s Defense Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS) laboratory with the help of Delhi-based Vanguard Diagnostics Pvt Ltd.
- DIPCOVAN will help a person detect if they have previously been exposed to Covid-19 virus and whether they have antibodies for it.
- Bihar Government Launches ‘HIT COVID’ App to Track Home Isolated Patients
- In Bihar, Nitish Kumar Sarkar has launched an innovative mobile application named ‘Home Isolation Tracking (HIT)’ COVID, so that patients with COVID-19 can track their recovery status at their residence.
- The HIT Covid-19 App will ensure regular monitoring and tracking of those COVID-19 patients, who are in home isolation across the state.
- The App has been developed by the Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation (BELTRON) under the guidance of the health department.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been very impressed with the scheme and has ordered the details of this to be sent to the Union Health Ministry for its use across the country.
Banking & Economy News
- State Bank of India and Hyper Verge Partner to offer AI-powered Online Account Opening amid Covid-19
- AI product startup Hyper verse has partnered with Video Banking Solutions, one of its flagship products with State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest bank, to provide convenient digital banking services to SBI’s customers.
- Under the partnership, SBI customers can instantly open savings account using Video Banking process, during the pandemic, with minimal ID documents.
- The Hyper Verge’s Video Banking solution will help to achieve ten times improvement in the number of account openings per day per agent, over regular video KYC checks, because they will be assisted by AI engines with an accuracy of 99.5%, the highest in the industry.
- The new solution offers a quick and completely paperless experience to customers as it performs pre-qualifier checks on customer details, schedules video calls with high throughput and performs AI-driven Liveness, OCR, and Face match checks.
- Narinder Batra re-elected as FIH President
- Narinder Batra has been re-elected as the President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) for a second consecutive term.
- Batra was elected during the virtual 47th Congress of the FIH, where he defeated Belgian Hockey Federation chief Mark Coudron by just two votes.
- He will hold the office until 2024 because the FIH has reduced the term from four to three years.
- The veteran Indian sports administrator is the only Asian to be appointed to the top post in the world body’s 92-year-old history.
- Batra is also the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and Member of International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Hockey Federation (FIH) Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- International Day to End Obstetric Fistula: 23 May
- To promote action towards the treatment and prevention of obstetric fistula, every year, the United Nations (UN) International Day of Obstetrics fistula is celebrated on May 23 to end, a situation that will prevent childbearing in developing countries. Affects many girls and women during birth.
- Theme 2021: “Women’s rights are human rights! End fistula now!”
- In 2003 the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and its partners launched the global Campaign to End Fistula, a collaborative initiative to prevent fistula and restore the health of those affected by the condition. The day was officially recognized in 2012.
- Veteran Music Director Laxman of the duo composers “Ram-Laxman” passes away at 78
- Famous music director Rama-lakshmana or “Lakshmana” of famous couple music composer “Ram-Laxman” has died of a heart attack. He was only 78 years old.
- His real name was Vijay Patil, but was better known as Raamlaxman and was most famous for his work with Rajshri Productions of Hindi films.
- He composed music for several of their hit films like Agent Vinod (1977), Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999).
- Raam-laxman has worked in almost 75 films in Hindi, Marathi and Bhojpuri
Hope you Like this Daily GK News news Please Like and Share it.
- Read More:-
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 22nd May 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 21st May 2021
- Daily Current Affairs News viable of 20th May 2021
- Daily Current Affairs Update Today viable of 19th May 2021
- Daily Current Affairs Update viable of 18th May 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे