Daily GK Current Affairs News viable of 31st August 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 31st August 2021. covering the following news headlines: Mission Vatsalya, Supreme Court judges, National Pension System, RuPay, IRDAI, PhonePe, Paralympics 2020.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 31st August 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows:
- State News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Maharashtra govt launches “Mission Vatsalya” for women’s
- Maharashtra government launched a special mission called “Mission Vatsalya” in order to help women who lost their husbands to COVID-19. Mission Vatsalya will provide several services and some 18 benefits under one roof to those women.
- It been designed for widows, with a special focus on widows coming from rural areas, poor backgrounds and deprived sections. Under this mission, schemes like Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana and Gharkul Yojana will benefit those for women.
- Under this scheme, 8,661 women have applied for the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Anudan Yojana, 405 for the Shravanbal Seva State Pension Scheme and 71 for the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Maharashtra Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari;
- Maharashtra Capital: Mumbai;
- Maharashtra CM: Uddhav Thackeray.
- PhonePe receives direct broking licence from IRDAI
- Flipkart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe has received an insurance broking licence from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). This means that with the new ‘direct broking’ licence, PhonePe can now distribute insurance products from all insurance companies in India, on its platform.
- Earlier in January 2020, PhonePe entered the insurtech sector, but with a limited insurance ‘corporate agent’ licence, which restricted it to partner with only three insurance companies per category.
- Prior to getting a broking licence, PhonePe, from January 2020, operated as a corporate agent and launched several offerings across general insurance, term insurance and health insurance. However, as a corporate agent, it was only restricted to partner with three insurance companies per category.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters location of Phonepe: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- RuPay launches #FollowPaymentDistancing campaign
- RuPay has launched a strategic campaign titled – #FollowPaymentDistancing to promote and encourage contactless payments among customers. Due to COVID-19, customers have been following several norms and measures to stay safe by following healthy habits, self-care routines, and social distancing.
- RuPay’s #FollowPaymentDistancing campaign encourages consumers to start ‘payment distancing’ and switch to contactless digital payments with RuPay Contactless Cards which is safe as well as time-conserving.
- Contactless payments allow merchants to offer their consumers a safer, cleaner way to pay, reduce long queues at checkout counters, and more control over physical space during these tough times. The campaign aims to educate both the merchants and consumers about the benefits of using contactless payments during these unprecedented situations.
- Paralympics 2020: Yogesh Kathuniya wins silver in discus throw
- India’s discus thrower Yogesh Kathunia has won a silver medal at the ongoing Tokyo Paralympics in the men’s discus throw F56 final event. Yogesh finished second with a throw of 44.38m.
- Brazil’s Batista dos Santos won the gold medal, setting a Paralympic record with a throw of 45.59m. Cuban L. Diaz Aldana won the bronze medal.
- Indian cricketer Stuart Binny announces retirement
- Indian all-rounder cricketer, Stuart Binny announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on August 30, 2021. He represented Team India in six Tests, 14 ODIs and three T20Is, with a total of 459 runs and 24 wickets.
- Binny is the son of former India selector Roger Binny, who was part of the 1983 World Cup winning team. In the Indian Premier League, he played for Rajasthan Royals. Binny holds the record for best bowling in ODI format.
- He produced a sensational spell taking 6/4 in just 4.4 overs as India bowled out Bangladesh for 58 after having themselves being shot out for 105 in a low-scoring affair.
- Paralympics 2020: Devendra Jhajharia Wins silver in Javelin throw
- In the ongoing Tokyo Paralympics 2020, India’s greatest Paralympian, Devendra Jhajharia won a silver medal in the men’s javelin throw – F46 final event on August 30, 2021.
- The 40-year-old Devendra made his best throw of 64.35 for the silver. In the same event, Sunder Singh Gurjar won the bronze medal with his best throw of 64.01. With this, India’s total medal tally in the Paralympic 2020 Games has gone up to seven.
- Paralympics 2020: Javelin Thrower Sumit Antil wins gold for India
- India’s Sumit Antil has won the gold medal in the men’s javelin throw F64 final event at the Tokyo Paralympics, and in the process set a new world record throw of 68.55m. The 23-year-old Sumit hails from Sonepat in Haryana.
- Michal Burian of Australia won the silver medal (66.29m), while Sri Lanka’s Dulan Kodithuwakku won the bronze medal. This is the second gold medal for India at the ongoing Tokyo Games and now the total medal tally of India has reached 7.
- Earlier, the bronze medal won by Vinod Kumar in the discus throw F56 final was declared as ineligible by the classification panel.
- International Day for People of African Descent
- The International Day for People of African Descent is celebrated for the first time on 31 August 2021. The United Nations aims to promote the extraordinary contributions of the African diaspora around the world and to eliminate all forms of discrimination against people of African descent.
- The year 2020 marked the midterm of the International Decade for People of African Descent. While some progress has been made at legislative, policy and institutional levels, people of African descent continue to suffer intersectional and compounded forms of racial discrimination, marginalization, and exclusion.
- Noted Bengali Writer Buddhadeb Guha passes away
- Eminent Bengali writer Buddhadeb Guha has passed away. He was the author of many notable works like “Madhukari” (Honey Gatherer), “Koler Kachhe” (Near the Cuckoo Bird) and “Sobinoy Nibedan” (Humble Offering).
- He also won several awards including Anand Award, Shiroman Award and Sharat Award in 1976.
- Renowned cricket coach Vasoo Paranjape passes away
- Former India cricketer and coach Vasu Paranjpe has passed away. He was considered the mentor of legends like Sunil Gavaskar, Dilip Vengsarkar, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma. He also gave Gavaskar the nickname ‘Sunny’.
- Paranjpe was born on 21 November 1938 in Gujarat, Paranjpe was a former Ranji Trophy player and coach of the National Cricket Academy. He was the father of former India and Mumbai cricketer Jatin Paranjpe.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 31st August 2021 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 30th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 29th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 28th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 27th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 26th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 25th August 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 24th August 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे