Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 29 December 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 29 December 2022 covering the following news headlines: Atal Samman Award, Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, Reserve Bank of India, Bekal International Beach Festival, E-Sushrut.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 29 December 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina Inaugurates First-Ever Metro Service in Dhaka
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first metro rail in Dhaka. The metro train was flagged off in Dhaka for the first trip between Diabari and Aggargaon stations.
- The metro rail is part of the Bangladesh project of mass rapid transit to be completed by 2030.
- Bangladesh has reached another milestone in its development journey with the inauguration of its first metro rail.
- Metro Rail is about 12 kilometer-long metro route.
- The metro rail will connect Dibari to Aggargaon station in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ten pairs of six-coach trains will initially run for four hours on this route and will carry about five lakh passengers daily.
- President Murmu Laid Foundation Stone for PRASHAD Project for Two Temples in Telangana
- Mrs. Draupadi Murmu has laid the foundation stone of the project ‘Development of Pilgrimage Facilities in the Bhadrachalam Group of Temples’ at Sri Sita Ramachandra Swamivari Devasthanams in Bhadrachalam, Telangana.
- The President of India laid the foundation stone for another project called Pilgrimage and Heritage Infrastructure Development of the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Rudreshwara Temple in Telangana. These projects have been approved under the PRASHAD scheme of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- President Murmu Inaugurated Project Worth Rs 43.08 Cr at Srisailam Temple
- President Murmu inaugurated the project “Development of Srisailam Temple in the State of Andhra Pradesh” at Srisailam Temple Complex, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. The project has been sanctioned and executed under the PRASHAD scheme. National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Promotion Campaign of Ministry of Tourism.
- The ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD) is a Central Sector Scheme with full financial assistance from the Government of India.
- The scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Tourism under the leadership of the Prime Minister in the year 2014-15 with a view to developing a focused integrated infrastructure to exploit pilgrimage and heritage tourism destinations for its direct and multiplier effect on employment generation and economic growth.
- Indian Firm Bags Consultancy Contract for Bangladesh Port
- An Indian firm has bagged a contract for providing consultancy for a capacity-building project at Mongla port, the second largest seaport in Bangladesh, which will boost sub-regional connectivity in South Asia.
- The contract was signed between Mongla Port Authority and EGIS India Consulting Engineers Pvt Ltd. The total project cost under the Government of India concessional Line of Credit is USD 530 million of which the PMC contract awarded to EGIS India Consulting Engineers Ltd. is USD 9.60 million.
- While India will provide the majority of finance for the project under its concessional line of credit of $4.5 billion to Bangladesh, the Sheikh Hasina government will provide the rest. The project is scheduled to be completed by July 30, 2024.
- Uttarakhand CM Launched SBI Foundation and HESCO’s Project for Chamoli
- SBI Foundation in collaboration with Himalayan Environmental Studies and Conservation (HESCO) has designed a project that aims to promote equitable economic and ecological development in 10 disaster-prone villages in the Joshimath block of Chamoli district.
- Uttarakhand is facing the effects of climate change which include seasonal changes, less snowfall, flash floods, and unpredictable rainfall. About 70% of the population in the hill districts depend on agriculture for subsistence and face problems due to small and fragmented land holdings. People there rely on traditional crop varieties, lack markets, and technology, and are at risk of crop damage by wild animals.
- Uttarakhand Govt to set up World-class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy in Tehri
- World Class Kayaking Canoeing Academy to be set up at Tehri in Uttarakhand. The Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy R.K.Singh announced the World Class Kayaking Canoeing Academy. Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami also inaugurated the National Championship “Tehri Water Sports Cup” at Tehri Lake.
- Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy R.K.Singh informed that there are immense possibilities for the hydropower projects in the mountains, and central and state government is working together to take them forward.
- State Chief Minister Pushkar Singh highlighted that it is the first time that a national-level sports competition is being organized at Tehri Lake.
- He also informed us that making Tehri Lake an international tourism destination is being done at a fast pace.
- A new sports policy has been implemented in the state and the government has announced the re-introduction of sports quotas in jobs.
- UP govt. inaugurated ‘E-Sushrut’ HMIS in UP medical colleges
- The Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Brijesh Pathak and Minister of State for Medical Education Mayankeshwar Sharan Singh inaugurated the ‘E-Sushrut’ Hospital Management Information System (HMIS )in 22 state medical colleges.
- The initiative was launched by the state medical education department in collaboration with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
- The software will help with patient registration, admission, discharge, ambulance, food, and medicines, and make available the details of doctors online. Through this system, the availability of doctors in the hospital can also be easily ascertained and patients will be able to pay the fee through online and net banking.
- Hospital management information system has been implemented in Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Agra, Meerut, King George Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science Saifai, GIMS Greater Noida, Lohia Institute, Sanjay Gandhi PGI, and Mirzapur Medical College.
- Government-Owned WAPCOS Ranked as Top Consulting Firm by the Asian Development Bank
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB), in its report released on annual procurement, ranked Indian-PSU company WAPCOS as top amongst consulting services firms in water and other infrastructure sectors, with the highest sanctioned financed amount.
- In another report on its members’ Fact Sheet – 2022 released by the ADB, WAPCOS figured amongst the Top 3 consultants from India involved in consulting services contracts under ADB loan, grant, and technical assistance projects in energy, transport and water, and other urban infrastructure sectors.
- After 7 years, banks’ balance sheets growing by double digits- RBI report
- The health of Indian banks continued to improve in 2021-2022 with their balance sheets growing in double digits after a gap of seven years and their balance sheets growing at Rs. Improvement in asset quality and capital position.
- The banking regulator also drew attention to the problem of slippage from restructured accounts.
- The amount of excess liquidity in the financial sector has come down recently.
- In some cases, liquidity has even fallen into deficit.
- However, RBI has promised to provide financial support to productive sectors.
- Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in particular saw significant growth in their balance sheets, ensuring that they continue to dominate the market for deposits and advances.
- The research states that PSBs control 58% market share for loans while scheduled commercial banks account for 62% of deposits.
- Prabhu Chandra Mishra honored with Atal Samman Award
- During the 9th Atal Samman function on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister of the country Atal Bihari Vajpayee, many personalities who played important roles in various fields were honored at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Prabhu Chandra Mishra has been awarded the Atal Samman Award for his excellence in the field of science and research. His area of work is stem cell and regenerative medicine in infertility, especially when IVF also fails. Diseases like Premature Ovarian Failure, Thin Endometrium, Asherman Syndrome, etc. have shown satisfactory results with the body’s own cells.PRP and bone marrow-derived stem cell research has shown promising hope for these patients/couples who are struggling to have a child.
- IIT Madras won Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards 2022
- The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, also known as the “Reimagine Education Awards”, presented significant recognition to the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M). The Best Program award went to the IIT Madras curriculum, BS Data Science, and NPTEL, in partnership with IISc Bangalore.
- The institute has been recognized and its BS in Data Science and Applications has been awarded Silver in the Best Online Programs category. Whereas, the National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc run by IIT Madras, won gold in the lifelong learning category.
- South African cricketer Farhaan Behardien announces retirement
- South African batsman Farhan Behardien has announced his retirement, ending an 18-year international cricket career. The 39-year-old has represented the Proteas in 59 ODIs and has 1074 runs and 14 wickets under his belt.
- Behardien also has 38 T20I caps for South Africa and has scored 518 runs at an average of 32.37. He led the Proteas in a three-match T20I series against Sri Lanka in January 2017. His last international game came back in 2018 when South Africa registered a 21-run win over Australia in a T20I at the Carrara Stadium. The batsman remained not out after scoring three runs in two balls.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 29 December 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 28 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 27 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 26 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 25 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 24 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 23 December 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे