Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable of 8 August 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 8 August 2022 covering the following news headlines: National Handloom Day, Javelin Throw Day, Commonwealth Games 2022, 2022 SAFF U20 Championship, Miss India USA 2022.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news held all day. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 8 August 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Table of Contents
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- National News
- States News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Nation observes 80th anniversary of Quit India movement
- August Kranti Diwas or the 80th anniversary of the Quit India Movement, which is considered an essential milestone in the history of our country’s freedom struggle, is being observed on 8 August 2022.
- The slogans “Quit India” and “Do or Die” became war slogans for the freedom fighters during the Quit India Movement.
- On 8 August 1942, Mahatma Gandhi called for an end to British rule and launched the Quit India Movement at the All India Congress Committee session in Mumbai. Though the movement was suppressed till 1944, it played an important role in uniting the common people across the country against British rule.
- PM Modi Chairs 7th NITI Aayog Governing Council Meet
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attended the seventh NITI Aayog governing council meeting at the Rashtrapati Bhavan’s cultural center in the national capital. The council held discussions over several issues such as crop diversification, urban development, and implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP).
- Among the agendas of the conference are evolving a shared vision of national priorities and strategies with the active involvement of states and union Territories,” the NITI Aayog Governing Council is a key forum for deliberations.
- With India hosting the G20 Presidency and summit next year, Sunday’s meeting assumes greater significance. Presidency for India for the federal system and the role that states can play in highlighting their progress at the G-20 Platform.
- UP Govt Plans to Double Farmer’s income under ‘Panchamrut Yojana’
- Uttar Pradesh government announced that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s ‘Panchamrut Yojana’ will help in achieving the goal of doubling farmers’ income through the introduction of cost-effective technological measures and the promotion of the co-cropping method.
- The government will also felicitate those farmers who implement the Panchamrut scheme and are able to increase their income along with the productivity of the land with the ‘Uttam Sugarcane Farmer’ awards. The Government of Uttar Pradesh encourages farmers to adopt new farming techniques to reduce the cost of agriculture and increase their income.
- Spiritual leader Dalai Lama honored with Ladakh’s highest civilian award
- Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama has been conferred with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award, Ladakh’s highest civilian honor. This award is given for his immense contribution to humanity, especially to the Union Territory.
- The sixth prize was presented by the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Leh, which celebrated its foundation day ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ at the Indus Ghat with great enthusiasm.
- Indian-American Aarya Walvekar crowned Miss India USA 2022
- Indian American from Virginia, Aarya Walvekar has crowned Miss India USA in 2022 in New Jersey. Saumya Sharma, a second-year premedical student at the University of Virginia, was declared the first runner up and Sanjana Chekuri of New Jersey was the second runner-up.
- This year marks the 40th anniversary of the pageant which is the longest-running Indian pageant outside of India. It was started by New York-based Indian- Americans Dharmatma and Neelam Saran under the banner of Worldwide Pageants.
- As many as 74 contestants representing 30 states participated in three different pageants –Miss India USA, Mrs. India USA, and Miss Teen India USA.
- Akshi Jain from Washington has crowned Mrs. India USA and Tanvi Grover from New York was crowned Miss Teen India USA.
- Chess prodigy V Pranav becomes India’s 75th Grandmaster
- Chennai-based chess player V Pranav became India’s 75th Grandmaster by winning a tournament in Romania.
- Chennai-based Pranav won the Lympedia Open in Baia Mare, Romania to secure his third and final GM norm and clinch the Grandmaster title.
- Pranav is the 27th Grandmaster from Tamil Nadu, the list includes legendary Viswanathan Anand and teen sensations D Gukesh and R Pragyanandana.
- Indian chess legend Viswanathan Anand becomes FIDE deputy president
- Indian chess legend, Viswanathan Anand was elected as the Vice President of the International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation (FIDE), the game’s world governing body. While the current President Arkady Dvorkovich was re-elected for a second term.
- Five-time world champion Anand was part of Dvorkovic’s team. The elections to the world chess body were held during the FIDE Congress, which is being held here along with the 44th Chess Olympiad.
- 2022 SAFF U20 Championship: India beat Bangladesh 5-2 to clinch the trophy
- India defeated Bangladesh 5-2 after extra time to win the 2022 SAFF U20 Championship title at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. India was the host of the fourth edition of the SAFF U-20 Championship.
- The SAFF U-20 Championship is an international football competition for the men’s under-18 national teams organized by the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF). Sibajit Singh Limapokpam was the captain of the Indian team and Som Kumar was the goalkeeper.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 8 August 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 7 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 6 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 5 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 4 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 3 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 2 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 1 August 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे