Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable of 2 August 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 2 August 2022 covering the following news headlines: Muslim Women’s Rights Day, World Lung Cancer Day, Lockdown Lyrics, Commonwealth Games 2022, Monkeypox virus, Deutsche Bank.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of critical news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 2 August 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Bankings News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Japan, the US, and South Korea participate in a missile defense drill
- A joint ballistic missile defense exercise between South Korea, the US, and Japan will begin this week in the waters off Hawaii as part of increased security cooperation against North Korea‘s growing military threats, a media outlet claimed.
- According to the sources, the biannual Pacific Dragon drill will take place. Australia and Canada will also take part in the exercise in the edition 2022, in addition to the three other nations.
- The exercise, which involves the mobilization of eight warships and two planes, aims to improve coordination between the participating nations in the identification, tracking, and reporting of ballistic missile targets.
- The exercise was planned after the defense chiefs of South Korea, the United States, and Japan decided to improve their security coordination during their trilateral meeting on June 11 in Singapore, which was held in conjunction with the annual Shangri-La Dialogue.
- Prime Minister launches the IBU of Deutsche Bank at GIFT-IFSC
- The Gujarat International Finance-Tec City (GIFT City) in Ahmedabad is home to Deutsche Bank AG’s IFSC Banking Unit (IBU), which was opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- According to Deutsche Bank AG, the IBU will first offer financial products in the areas of trade finance, fixed income, and currencies.
- According to a release, IBU will offer all authorized international finance products to Deutsche Bank’s customers in India and abroad. Additionally, it will enable cash pooling and other deposit offers for Indian and foreign customers within the norms of existing regulations.
- WB to form 7 new districts, making a total of 30 districts
- The Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government has decided to create seven new districts in the state in an effort to streamline administrative processes. With this, there are currently 30 districts in West Bengal altogether.
- Bengal used to have 23 districts, but the number will increase to 30. According to the Chief Minister of West Bengal, one more district named Sunderbans, Ichhemati, Ranaghat, Bishnupur, Jangipur, Behrampur, and Basirhat is among the seven new districts. Mamata Banerjee.
- October 1 set as the card tokenization deadline by RBI
- In a circular issued, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed all parties – except the card network and card issuers – to delete already stored card-on-file (CoF) data by October 1, 2022.
- The RBI has given relief to facilitate a smooth transition to a different payment system. Further, the Merchant involved in the online transaction and its PA other than the card issuer and the card network may retain the data for a maximum period of T+4 days or till the settlement date, whichever is earlier.
- Canadian Jeffrey Armstrong received the ‘Distinguished Indologist for 2021’ award
- Canadian scholar, Jeffrey Armstrong has been awarded the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Distinguished Indologist for 2021. He has presented the award in a ceremony by Manish, India’s consul-general in Vancouver.
- The citation for the award states that it has been conferred upon Armstrong “in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the study/teaching/research in India’s philosophy, thought, history, art, culture, Indian languages, literature, civilization, society, etc”.
- He becomes the seventh recipient of this award and joins the earlier recipients from Germany, China, Japan, the UK, South Korea, and the USA.
- In Judo, Sushila Devi Likmabam won the silver medal
- Sushila Devi Likmabam won a silver medal in the women’s judo 48kg final, giving India its seventh medal of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Sushila had defeated Harriet Bonface in the quarterfinals and registered a second win to claim herself a medal after beating Priscilla Morand of Mauritius in the semifinals.
- Sushila had fought for the gold medal but lost in the final against Michaela Whitebuy of South Africa.
- Vijay Kumar bagged the bronze medal
- Vijay Kumar Yadav led India to a second medal in judo at the Commonwealth Games 2022 as he defeated Petros Christodoulides of Cyprus to win the bronze medal in the men’s 60kg bout.
- Earlier, Vijay Kumar Yadav of India defeated Dylan Munro of Scotland to enter the bronze medal match.
- Vijay Kumar had earlier claimed a bronze medal at the Asian Open in Hong Kong in 2018. In the same year, he won the Commonwealth Championships in Jaipur and completed an encore at Walsall 2019.
- Weightlifter Harjinder Kaur claimed the bronze medal
- India’s Harjinder Kaur claimed the bronze medal in women’s 71kg weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
- England’s Sarah Davis won the gold medal with a Commonwealth Games record of 229 kg, while young Canadian Alexis Ashworth won the silver with a total lift of 214 kg.
- Muslim Women’s Rights Day 2022 observed on 01st August
- Muslim Women’s Rights Day is observed every year on the 01st of August to celebrate the enforcement of the law against the ‘Triple Talaq’ rule among Muslims.
- According to the Shariat or Muslim Personal Law, Muslim men were given the privilege to end their marriage anytime by uttering the word Talaq three times in a row. But the law was repealed by the Indian Government in 2019.
- The day is celebrated to recognize and honor the enactment of the law against the Triple Talaq.
- The Triple Talaq rule has been declared illegal by the Government of India under the Act of 2019, Protection of Marriage Rights. The Muslim women celebrate the day with utmost happiness and have welcomed the law wholeheartedly.
- World Lung Cancer Day observed globally on 01st August
- Every year, World Lung Cancer Day is observed on 01st August to raise awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and highlight the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment. Lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer deaths among men and women.
- The campaign was first organized in 2012 by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS), in collaboration with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the American College of Chest Physicians. The IASLC is the largest organization in the world of its kind that only deals with lung cancer.
- Former Philippine Prez Fidel Valdez Ramos passes away
- Former Philippine President Fidel Valdez Ramos has passed away due to complications from COVID-19. He was 94 years old. Ramos served as the 12th President of the Philippines from 1992 to 1998. He was a military officer by profession.
- During his tenure, the Philippines was recognized as a budding “tiger economy”. Ramos became a hero to many for his separation from Marcos’ government, in which he led the national police force, which led to the dictator’s downfall during the 1986 popular uprising against his rule.
- Veteran Bengali singer Nirmala Mishra passes away
- Renowned Bengali singer Nirmala Mishra has passed away. She was 81 years old. He was born in 1938 in the South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. He sang many songs in Bengali, Oriya, and Assamese films.
- His tunes in the Bengali language include ‘Eamon Ekta Jhinuk’, ‘Bolo To Arshi’, and ‘E Banglar Mati Te’.
- The Government of West Bengal has also honored him with ‘Sangeet Samman’, ‘Sangeet Mahasamman’, and ‘Bangabhi Bhushan’ awards. He has been awarded the Sangeet Sudhakar Balkrishna Das Award for his lifelong contribution to Odia music.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 2 August 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 1 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 31 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 30 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 29 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 28 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 27 July 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे