Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 29 July 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 29 July 2022 covering the following news headlines: International Tiger Day, Commonwealth Games, Sebastian Vettel, Sunil Gavaskar, Asia Cup 2022, Churchill Leadership Award.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of critical news held all day. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 29 July 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- State News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Kerala govt to launch “Kerala Safari” online cab service
- The Kerala government is all set to come up with an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service by launching its own e-taxi service next month, considered to be the first such initiative by any state government in the country.
- The service named ‘Kerala Savari’, the online taxi hiring service is being rolled out by the state. This is for the first time that a state government is launching an online taxi service in the country.
- “Kerala Safari”, considered to be the first such initiative by any state government in the country, is being rolled out by the state Labour Department linking the existing auto-taxi networks in the state with an aim to ensure safe and dispute-free travel for the public at affordable rates prevailing in the state.
- Tamil Nadu govt rolls out ‘Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme’
- Tamil Nadu government has issued an order to implement the first phase of the Mukhyamantri Breakfast Scheme in 1,545 government primary schools for the benefit of over 1.14 lakh children in classes I-V during 2022-23.
- The cost will be Rs. 33.56 crores. In all working schools, children will be given breakfast with sambar and vegetables.
- 150-500 grams of breakfast is to be provided to each student along with sambar vegetables. Breakfast will be made from millet for two days.
- Union Bank sets ‘RACE’ goal as its strategy of getting among the top 3 PSBs
- A. Manimekhalai, MD, and CEO of Union Bank of India (UBI) want Union Bank of India to overtake other public sector banks and take the position of the third largest public sector bank in a few years.
- Union Bank of India may also consider buying a bank on the way. Manimekhalai, who became the first woman leader of the UBI on June 7, emphasized that the bank has set “race” as its target for the year.
- “Race” – Increase RAM (Retail, Agriculture, and MSME) credit, improve asset quality, increase CASA (Current Account, Savings Account Deposit) and increase earnings – as your target for the year.
- Boris Johnson gives Churchill Leadership Award to Ukraine’s Zelenskyy
- British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has presented Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with the Sir Winston Churchill Leadership Award, drawing a comparison between the two leaders in times of crisis.
- Zelensky accepted the award by video link during a ceremony at Johnson‘s London office, which was attended by members of the Churchill family, Ukrainian Ambassador Vadim Pristyko, and Ukrainians who had received training from British soldiers.
- The Churchill Leadership Award was first presented in 2006. Past recipients have included Prince Charles, former British Prime Ministers Margaret Thatcher, John Major, and former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.
- Formula-one champion Sebastian Vettel announces retirement
- Four-time Formula One champion, Sebastian Vettel, who is currently part of Aston Martin, has announced his retirement. The 35-year-old German driver announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season.
- He is one of the most successful drivers in F1 racing, currently third on the list of all-time Grand Prix winners with 53 wins, only behind Lewis Hamilton and Michael Schumacher.
- 22nd Commonwealth Games kicks off at Birmingham, UK
- The 22nd edition of the Commonwealth Games began with a grand opening ceremony at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The Prince of Wales, reading the Queen’s letter, announces the opening of the Games.
- A total of 72 teams took part in the parade at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham. PV Sindhu and Manpreet Singh were India’s flag bearers at the CWG opening ceremony parade.
- Asia Cup 2022 shifted from Sri Lanka to the UAE
- As informed by the Asian Cricket Council (ACC), the Asia Cup 2022 will now be held in United Arab Emirates (UAE). Earlier this event was scheduled to take place in Sri Lanka.
- However, due to the economic crisis in the island nation, the tournament has been shifted to UAE. But the hosting rights of the game will still remain with Sri Lanka.
- The tournament will be held from August 27 to September 11, 2022, in the T20 format. This is the second consecutive time that the tournament will be played in the UAE.
- International Tiger Day 2022 observed globally on 29 July
- International Tiger Day is celebrated globally on 29 July every year. The day is observed to raise awareness among individuals, organizations, and governments about the importance of conserving tigers.
- The purpose of this day is to encourage everyone to take appropriate action to save the wild cats. According to the World Wildlife Fund, about 95 percent of the tiger population has declined in the last 150 years.
- This year’s theme for International Tiger Day 2022 is “India launches Project Tiger to revive tiger population”. They support initiatives that collaborate with regional people to protect tigers and also take strong action against poaching and illegal trade.
- Padma Shri awardee Sushovan Banerjee passes away
- Padmashree Sushovan Banerjee, popularly known as the ‘one rupee doctor’ of Bengal, has passed away. Located in Bolpur in the Birbhum district, Banerjee was known to treat patients at Re 1 per visit for almost 60 years.
- In 2020, he was awarded the Padma Shri for his contribution to the field of medicine. In the same year, his name made it to the Guinness World Records for the most number of patients treated.
- Famous UK-based Punjabi singer Balwinder Safri passes away
- Veteran Punjabi singer Balwinder Safari has passed away. He was 63 years old. Punjab-born Safri, who lived in Birmingham, was part of the UK bhangra scene from 1980 and formed the Safri Boyz Band in 1990.
- Safari, best known for hit Punjabi songs like “Rahiye Rahe” and “Chain Mere Makhna”, went into a coma in April after suffering brain damage following heart surgery. He was discharged from New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton on 15 July after recovering from a coma and was taken to a specialist rehabilitation center.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News 29 July 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 28 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 27 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 26 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 25 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 24 July 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 23 July 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे