Daily GK Current Affairs News viable of 16th November 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 16th November 2021 covering the following news headlines: Audit Diwas, JCB Prize, National Cricket Academy, IQAir Air Quality Index, SITMEX–21, International Day for Tolerance, National Press Day, Purvanchal Expressway.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- National News
- State News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Miscellaneous News
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh unveils plaque to rename Institute for Defence Studies & Analyses after late Manohar Parrikar
- The Institute for Defense Studies and Analysis in New Delhi has been renamed as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analysis (MP-IDSA).
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh unveiled a plaque to rename the institute after former Defense Minister Late Manohar Parrikar on November 15, 2021.
- Defense Minister is the Chairman of MP-IDSA Institute
- The naming of the institute coincides with the 57th Foundation Day of the institute, which was celebrated on November 11, 2021.
- Nation observed its 1st edition of Audit Diwas on 16th November
- Audit Diwas is celebrated to mark the historic origin of the institution of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) and the contribution it has made to the governance, transparency and accountability over the past several years.
- Currently, former Lt. Governor of UT of Jammu Kashmir G. C. Murmu is serving as CAG of India. He is the 14th CAG of India. His tenure started in August 2020.
- CAG is the Constitutional Authority in India. It was established in accordance with Article 148 of the Constitution of India. CAG is empowered to Audit all receipts and expenditures of the central as well as state governments.
- PM Modi inaugurates Purvanchal Expressway
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 341-km long Purvanchal Express in Sultanpur district, Uttar Pradesh.
- The expressway links state capital Lucknow with Ghazipur and has been constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 22,500 crore.
- PM Modi landed on the Purvanchal Expressway airstrip in a military transport aircraft.
- The key feature of the Expressway is the 3.2 km long airstrip to enable landing and take-off of Indian Air Force fighter planes in case of emergency.
- This expressway is set to give a boost to the economic development of the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh especially the districts of Lucknow, Barabanki, Amethi, Ayodhya, Sultanpur, Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur.
- Arunachal’s approved “Kaiser-i-Hind” as state butterfly
- The State Cabinet of Arunachal Pradesh, chaired by Chief Minister Pema Khandu, approved “Kaiser-e-Hind” as the state butterfly. Kaiser-i-Hind is scientifically known as Tinopalpus Imperialis. It literally means the emperor of India.
- The wingspan of a butterfly is 90-120 mm. It is found in six states along the eastern Himalayas in a well-wooded area at an altitude of 6,000-10,000 feet.
- The Kaiser-i-Hind is protected under Schedule II of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. Despite that, they are hunted for the supply to butterfly collectors. International Union for Conservation of Nature has red-listed the Kaiser-i-Hind.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Arunachal pradesh CM: Pema Khandu;
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor: B. D. Mishra.
- Teenage Indian brothers win Children’s Peace Prize for waste project
- Two Delhi-based teenage brothers Vihaan (17) and Nav Agarwal (14) have won the 17th annual KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize for tackling pollution in their home city by recycling household waste.
- The duo received the prestigious award by Indian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Kailash Satyarthi.
- Vihaan and Nav have developed an “One Step Greener” initiative for segregating rubbish and organising waste pickups for trash from thousands of homes, schools and offices.
- The International Children’s Peace Prize is given annually by the International children’s rights organization KidsRights based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- It is given to a child who has made a significant contribution to advocating children’s rights and improving the situation of vulnerable children such as orphans, child labourers and children with HIV/AIDS.
- Lewis Hamilton wins 2021 F1 Brazilian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the 2021 F1 So Paulo Grand Prix (formerly known as the Brazilian Grand Prix). Max Verstappen (Red Bull-Netherlands) finished second while Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) finished third in the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Max Verstappen leads the world drivers’ standings with 312.5 points, 19 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton (318.5).
- International Day for Tolerance: 16 November
- The United Nations observes “International Day of Tolerance” every year on 16 November. The United Nations is committed to strengthening tolerance by promoting mutual understanding between cultures and peoples.
- In 1994, UNESCO marked the 125th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi, paving the way for the United Nations to declare 16 November as the International Day of Tolerance. The day pays tribute to the Mahatma’s values of peace, non-violence and equality.
- National Press Day observed on 16 November
- National Press Day is celebrated every year on 16 November to celebrate a free and responsible press in India.
- It also commemorates the day the Press Council of India started functioning.
- Padma Vibhushan awardee historian and author Babasaheb Purandare passes away
- Eminent historian, speaker and famous writer from Maharashtra Balwant Moreshwar Purandare has passed away. He was 99.
- The famous writer was popularly known as Babasaheb Purandare.
- Purandare wrote extensively about the Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- He earned the nickname ‘Shiv Shaheer’ which literally means bard of Shivaji.
- He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award, on 25 January 2019.
- PM Narendra Modi has expressed grief over the death of Babasaheb Purandare.
- Noted Indian author Mannu Bhandari passes away
- Noted writer Mannu Bhandari has passed away. She was 90 years old. He was born in 1931 in Bhanpura city of Madhya Pradesh and was born in Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- His father Sukhsampat Rai was a freedom fighter who worked on English to Hindi and English to Marathi dictionaries. Bhandari was one of the prominent members of the Nai Kahani movement of Hindi literature.
- India launches 41st Scientific Expedition to Antarctica
- India successfully launched the 41st scientific expedition to Antarctica on November 15, 2021. The first batch of 23 scientists and support staff has reached the Indian Antarctic Station Maitri.
- Four more batches will land in Antarctica by mid-January 2022. The Indian Antarctic Program began in 1981 and has completed 40 scientific expeditions.
- The team of 48 members in the 41st Expedition is led by Dr. Shailendra Saini, Scientist of National Center for Polar and Ocean Research (Voyage Leader).
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 16th November 2021 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14 November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13th November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 12th November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 11th November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10th November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 9th November 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 8th November 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- UPSSSC Health Worker (Female) Online Form 2021 Post - 9212
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे