Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 2 December 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 2 December 2022 covering the following news headlines: DigiYatra, International Computer Literacy Day, National Pollution Control Day, NADA, Exercise Sudarshan Prahar, Agni Warrior, Hornbill Festival.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have comprehensive knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 2 December 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- National News
- State News
- Sports news
- Important Days
- Miscellaneous News
- India assumes the Presidency of the UNSC in December month 2022
- India has assumed the presidency of the United Nations Security Council for the month of December. This is the second time in its two-year term as an elected member of the UN Security Council that India has assumed the presidency of the Council. India had earlier taken over the presidency of the UNSC in August 2021.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Ruchira Kamboj said, during India’s December Presidency of the UN Security Council, two high-level signing events on ‘Reformed Multilateralism and Counter-Terrorism’ will take place on 14 and 15 December and will be chaired by Will go Foreign Minister.
- A bust of Mahatma Gandhi will be inaugurated at the United Nations during India’s presidency of the UN Security Council and will be unveiled by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, he said.
- Meghalaya cabinet approved mental health and social care policy
- The Meghalaya cabinet has approved a policy aimed at addressing issues of mental health and social care through collaborative engagement with communities. The Meghalaya Mental Health and Social Care Policy were approved in a cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister.
- In 2014, the Center launched the first-ever National Mental Health Policy in an effort to provide universal psychiatric care.
- Meghalaya is the third state in the country to have a comprehensive policy on mental health and social care, specifically addressing these issues among children, adolescents, and youth. Kerala and Karnataka are the other two states in the country that have such policies.
- 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins in Nagaland
- 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 begins at Naga Heritage Village Kisama in Nagaland. Nagaland’s famous Hornbill Festival is scheduled from 1st December to 10th December 2022. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar graced the inaugural function of the festival as the Chief Guest. It has been more than 20 years since the Hornbill Festival of Nagaland welcomed visitors worldwide. In 10 days festival, a visitor can view all the Naga tribes, their culture, and distinctiveness in one place.
- Hornbill Festival of Nagaland is also popularly known as the ‘Festival of Festivals’ and showcases Nagaland’s rich culture. It is organized by the Government of Nagaland, mainly to encourage inter-tribal interaction and promote Nagaland’s cultural heritage.
- This year, in the 10-day festival, more than 130 stalls are set up in Kisama wherein, 100 stalls are taken up by the Micro Small & Medium Enterprises and 32 are temporary stalls. The daily cultural events include activities such as music festivals, photo fest, fashion shows, adventure sports, night carnivals, etc.
- Election commission set up a polling booth for a single voter in Gujarat
- A polling station located in a remote forest area of Gir Somnath district in Gujarat recorded 100 percent polling after its lone voter cast his vote in the first phase of the state assembly elections. The site is part of the Una assembly constituency, where polling was held along with 88 other seats in the state.
- The Election Commission (EC) had set up a polling booth in Banej village, located inside the Gir forest, so the lone voter could exercise his franchise. Mahant Haridasji Udasin, the only voter there, reached the polling station in the early hours of polling. The Election Commission sets up a polling station during every assembly or general election.
- International Lusophone Festival to be held in Goa
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in partnership with Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Goa government will organize the International Lusophone Festival in Goa from 3-6 December. It will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Sawant at Durbar Hall in Raj Bhavan. Minister of State for External Affairs, Meenakshi Lekhi will be the Guest of Honour. AIR correspondent reports that Lusophones are people that speak Portuguese as a native or as a common second language.
- The Community of Portuguese Language Countries (Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa) also known as the Lusophone Commonwealth (Comunidade Lusofona), is a multilateral forum, founded on 17 July 1996 at the 1st CPLP Heads of State & Government Summit in Lisbon.
- NADA India to host Inclusion Conclave for the first time to focus on athletes with disabilities
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA India) is hosting an Inclusion Conclave for the first time to focus on anti-doping education and processes for athletes with disabilities. Secretary Department Sports Smt. Sujata Chaturvedi, UN Resident Coordinator Shombey Sharp and WADA Asia-Oceania Regional Office Manager, Kenny Lee will address the conference.
- The Conclave will be followed by a two-hour long Inclusive Anti-Doping Education Workshop for Athletes with Disabilities, which will focus on Medical Use Exemptions, Doping Control Procedures, Anti-Doping Rule Violations as well as Rights and Responsibilities of Disabilities and Support Personnel Will go
- National Pollution Control Day 2022 observed on 2nd December
- National Pollution Control Day is celebrated every year on 2 December in India. The day is observed to remember the precious lives lost in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, one of the biggest industrial disasters in the history of India.
- The main aim and objective of celebrating National Pollution Prevention Day 2022 in India is to create awareness among people about the judicious use of industries to prevent industrial disasters.
- The history of National Pollution Day in India is linked to the heart-wrenching Bhopal gas tragedy, in which thousands of people lost their lives. This incident took place on the night of 2nd and 3rd December 1984 and that is why National Pollution Control Day is celebrated every year on 2nd December.
- World Computer Literacy Day 2022 celebrates on 2nd December
- December 2 is observed as International Computer Literacy Day. It was started in 2001 by NIIT, a world-famous Indian computer firm. The day is entirely devoted to Computers and how they are a significant source of concern with the modernization of the planet.
- The aim is to highlight the importance of computer literacy, which is essential for the present times. The day promotes technological skills, especially in children and women, and aims to inspire them to learn more and make their work easier through the use of computers. To know, more about the World Computer Literacy day candidates are advised to read the below article.
- World Computer Literacy Day was launched in 2001 by an Indian company called N.I.I.T. to celebrate its 22nd anniversary. Founded in 1981 by Rajendra Singh Pawar and Vijay K. Thadani, N.I.I.T, which stands for National Institute of Information Technology, is a skills and talent development company.
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery: 2 December
- The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed every year on 2 December. The day is celebrated to remind us of the evils of slavery, forced labour, child labor and sexual exploitation and trafficking and to end the slavery prevalent in our times.
- The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery highlights the history of slavery and why its complete abolition is necessary. Slavery continues to this day through bonded labor, child labor, trafficking of women and children, and illegal organ harvesting, among others.
- On December 2, 1949, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) through resolution 317 (IV) adopted the United Nations Convention for the Suppression of Traffic in Persons and the Prostitutional Exploitation of Others. The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on 2 December to mark the above convention.
- DigiYatra facilities starts at the Delhi, Varanasi and Bangalore airport
- The central government launched its facial recognition system DigiYatra at Delhi, Bangalore, and Varanasi airports on December 1, which will allow domestic passengers to travel seamlessly without identity cards. Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia launched the service at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- This service will enable passengers to travel paperless through Biometric Facial Recognition Technology (FRT). To use this facility, a one-time registration is required on the DigiYatra app using Aadhaar-based verification and a self-image capture.
- At the airport, passengers will need to scan their barcoded boarding passes, which they can download onto their phones, and the facial recognition system installed at the e-gate will validate their identity and travel documents. After this, passengers can enter the airport through the E-gate.
I Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 2 December 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 1 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 30 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 28 & 29 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 25 & 26 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 24 November 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 23 November 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे