Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 22 January 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 22 January 2023 covering the following news headlines: Seven-member Committee, Karnataka and Maharashtra, Navy’s Republic Day tableau, Chris Hipkins, Kalvari Class Submarine “Vagir”.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of critical news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 22 January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Banking News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Awards News
- Miscellaneous News
- Chris Hipkins will replace Jacinda Ardern as prime minister of New Zealand
- New Zealand’s former COVID-19 response minister, Chris Hipkins will replace Jacinda Ardern as Prime Minister.
- Ardern’s shock resignation comes after the 44-year-old senior politician is expected to be formally endorsed by Labor members of parliament to take over as the country’s 41st prime minister.
- In addition to holding the Department of Education, Hipkins is also Minister of Police and Public Services and Leader of the House.
- PM Modi Launched Development Programs in Karnataka and Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated several development programs in Karnataka and Maharashtra ahead of the elections.
- PM Modi visited the Yadgiri and Kalaburagi districts of Karnataka and laid the foundation stone and inaugurated various developmental projects related to irrigation, drinking water, and a National Highway development project at Kodeka in the Yadgir district.
- PM Modi will also inaugurate Narayanpur Left Bank Canal- Extension Renovation and Moderation Project (NLBC-ERM).
- The Prime Minister will also distribute title deeds (Hakku Patra) to the eligible benefit of the newly declared revenue Village in Kalaburagi district.
- During the program, he will also lay the foundation stone of the 71 km section of NH-150C.
- The six-lane Greenfield road project is also a part of the Surat-Chennai Expressway.
- Surat-Chennai Expressway will pass through six states including Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu.
- IOA sets up Seven-member Committee to Probe Allegations against WFI chief
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) constituted a seven-member committee, including MC Mary Kom and Yogeshwar Dutt, to probe allegations of sexual harassment by top wrestlers against Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
- Besides ace boxer Mary Kom and wrestler Yogeshwar, the panel also includes archer Dola Banerjee and Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) president Sahdev Yadav.
- The decision was taken during the IOA’s Emergency Executive Council meeting, which was attended by Abhinav Bindra, and Yogeshwar along with IOA President PT Usha and Joint Secretary Kalyan Choubey.
- Navy’s Republic Day tableau to reflect Nari Shakti
- “Nari Shakti” (women power) will be driving the theme of this year’s Republic Day tableau of the Navy.
- Not just the front of the tableau will feature a woman aircrew of a Dornier aircraft flying overhead, but Lt. Commander Disha Amrith has been tasked with commanding its parade contingent.
- The theme of the naval tableau would be ‘Indian Navy — Combat Ready, Credible, Cohesive and Future Proof’.
- The Tableau is designed with an aim to showcase the multi-dimensional capabilities of the Indian Navy as well as highlight key indigenously designed and built platforms.
- The tableau would endeavor to highlight its sustained focus on ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiatives towards being “future proof and maintaining combat readiness in service of the nation.”
- Wayanad becomes the first district in the country to provide basic documents to all tribal
- Kerala’s Wayanad has become the first district in the country to provide basic documents and facilities like an Aadhaar card, ration cards, birth/death certificates, election ID cards, bank accounts, and health insurance to all tribes.
- Apart from basic documents, other services like income certificates, ownership certificates, age certificates, and applications for new pensions are also provided in the camps.
- Wayanad district administration has achieved a commendable achievement by providing 1,42,563 services to 64,670 tribal beneficiaries as part of the Akshaya Big Campaign for Document Digitization (ABCD) campaign.
- SBI General Insurance to promote road safety as part of its CSR
- SBI General Insurance, a leading general insurance company in India, has partnered with Doers NGO to support the Himachal Pradesh police in reducing the number of road accidents.
- As part of its CSR program, SBI General has provided a well-equipped ambulance for immediate medical care for road accident victims in the Mandi district during the crucial “Golden Hour”.
- The partnership between SBI General, Doers NGO, the Himachal Pradesh Police, and the Civil Hospital in Sundarnagar aims to provide timely treatment and access to lifesaving medical resources for road accident victims.
- In addition to this, SBI General has also collaborated with the Himachal Pradesh Police to provide road signages to increase awareness and caution in accident-prone areas on the highway, with the goal of preventing road accidents.
- RBI new rules for ‘Loan Loss Provision’ by Banks
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed a new set of rules governing loan loss provisioning by banks as it looks to enhance the resilience of the banking system.
- The RBI defines a loan loss provision as an expense that banks set aside for defaulted loans.
- The incurred loss approach requires banks to provide for losses that have already been incurred or have been incurred.
- The banking regulator has proposed that each bank will be allowed to design and implement its own model to measure expected credit losses for the purpose of estimating loss provisions.
- The forward-looking expected loan loss approach will further enhance the resilience of the banking system in line with globally accepted norms. This is likely to result in higher provisions than the reduction in provisions as seen in the incurred loss approach.
- International Cricket Council loses $2.5 million in online scam, Report
- Cricket’s global governing body, the International Cricket Council (ICC), reportedly lost around $2.5 million in online scams last year. The phishing incident, which originated in the US, happened last year.
- According to reports, the scamster cheated the ICC not once, not twice, but four times. Surprisingly, the officials of the Dubai office of the ICC had no idea that they were being cheated.
- Laxman Rawat Won National Sports Club of India Snooker Open Crown 2023
- PSPB’s Laxman Rawat beat fellow PSPB challenger Aditya Mehta 9-6 in the best-of-17-frames final. PSPB’s Laxman Rawat ‘Boulkline’ emerged victorious in the NSCI All India Snooker Open.
- Laxman Rawat of the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) won the NSCI Snooker Open 2023 against Aditya Mehta.
- Laxman Rawat received a cash prize of Rs 3 lakh while Aditya Mehta received Rs 1.5 lakh.
- The summit clash between accomplished Indian Oil cueists Rawat and Mehta saw high-quality positive play as both were aggressive and went for their shots.
- ESAF Bank bags Inclusive Finance India Awards 2022
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has bagged the prestigious Inclusive Finance India Awards 2022 for its contributions to advancing the goal of financial inclusion and supporting inclusive growth.
- This award is a recognition of ESAF’s unique spectrum of Financial Inclusion projects ESAF Dhansree, ESAF Udyog Jyothi, LSEDP (Local Sustainable Economic Development Project), ESAF Balajyothi, ESAF Vayojyothi, and ESAF Gershom.
- Thomas Inclusive Finance India Awards initiative aims to celebrate and encourage deserving institutions to continue to enhance outreach to the poor by way of motivating management and staff through recognition of their painstaking efforts and enhancing the credibility of the institution, thereby making it more attractive for funding.
- NACO forms Largest Human Red Ribbon Chain in Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
- Odisha State AIDS Control Society organized an awareness program on HIV AIDS in coordination with the Department of Sports and Youth Services and Hockey India under the leadership of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), on 19th January 2023.
- The spectators in the gallery included 4,800 students from various schools, Red Ribbon Club members from colleges, people from the community, and participants from the Mission Shakti Department. The event created the ‘Largest Human Red Ribbon Chain‘ at the East Gallery of the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Odisha continues to have a low HIV prevalence in the state with an adult prevalence of 0.14% and an estimated 52,108 people living with HIV (PLHIV).
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 22 January 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 21 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 20 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 19 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 18 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 17 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 16 January 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे