Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 8 & 9 January 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 8 & 9 January 2023 covering the following news headlines: International Kite Festival 2023, Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, Chetan Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Paytm Payments Bank, Kevin McCarthy.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of critical news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 8 & 9 January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Miscellaneous News
- Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh sworn in as 1st female Sikh judge of USA
- Indian-origin Sikh woman, Manpreet Monica Singh became the first female Sikh judge in the US after she was sworn in as a Harris County judge.
- Born and raised in Houston after her father moved to the US in the early 1970s, Singh currently lives in Bellaire with her husband and two children. In her career spanning more than two decades, the newly appointed judge has been involved in several civil rights organizations at the local, state, and national levels.
- Kevin McCarthy was named the new speaker of the US House of Representation
- The United States Parliament has elected Kevin McCarthy of the Republican Party as the speaker of the House of Representatives after 15 rounds of voting. He is the 55th speaker of the US House of Representatives. He was serving as the House Minority Leader in the House. He has replaced Nancy Pelosi, the leader of the Democratic Party in the House of Representatives.
- Kevin McCarthy is a member of the Republican Party. He was elected as the House Minority Leader from 2019 to 2023. He previously served as the House Majority Leader from 2014 to 2019 under Speakers John Boehner and Paul Ryan. McCarthy has been elected as a member of the US Parliament 9 times. He was born in Bakersfield, California.
- Prez Droupadi Murmu Laid the foundation Stone of SJVN’s 1000 MW Bikaner Solar Power Project
- President Draupadi Murmu laid the foundation stone for state-owned energy firm SJVN’s 1,000 MV Bikaner Solar Power Project. The event was virtually hosted by the President of India in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- The project is being implemented by SJVN Limited through its subsidiary SJVN Green Energy Limited (SGEL).
- The solar power project is being developed over 500 acres near Banderwala village in the Bikaner district of Rajasthan. It is one of the highest solar-yielding regions in India.
- The development cost of the Bikaner Solar Power Project is ₹5492 crore and the viability gap funding support of ₹44.72 per MW.
- Kerala Sets up Welfare Board to Provide Pension to MGNREGS Workers
- The Kerala cabinet approved a scheme to ensure benefits like pension and medical aid to people employed under the Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in the poll-bound state. It has been recommended that Governor Arif Mohammad Khan issue an ordinance in this regard.
- With this, Kerala became the first state in the country to form a welfare board for beneficiaries of employment guarantee programs. At least 26.71 lakh laborers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Program and 2.5 lakh workers under the Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme will get the benefit of the newly constituted welfare board.
- Kerala Becomes Country’s First Fully Digital Banking State
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan declared Kerala as the first state in the country to go fully digital in its banking service and said this recognition would boost the state economy. Vijayan said this achievement was possible due to social interventions through local self-government institutions along with infrastructure development and technological advances in the banking sector.
- It is a joint venture between the Kerala State Information Technology Infrastructure Ltd (KSITIL), Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB), and the state, in which the two companies hold 49% each and the state the remaining 2%. A consortium led by Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) is executing the project and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the 35,000-km-long network for the next seven years.
- Funded by the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB), the project is estimated to cost Rs 1,028.20 crore, which includes capital expenditure, administrative overheads, and annual operational expenditure of Rs 104.4 crore.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 convention inaugurated by PM Modi in Indore
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 convention in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, was formally opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Prime Minister urged Pravasi Bhartiya to support India’s distinctive global perspective and its significant position within the international system on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- According to Prime Minister Modi, the Indian diaspora can play a significant role as the nation’s brand ambassador at a time when the world is looking to India with hope and faith in Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- They are brand ambassadors for Make in India, yoga, ayurveda, India’s cottage industries, handicrafts, and millets, according to Mr. Modi.
- Speaking about the diversification of India’s economy, PM Modi claimed that the country has the capacity to develop into a knowledge hub with capital for skills.
- Chandrika Prasad Santokhi, president of Suriname, spoke at the event and suggested that the NRI be incorporated into Amrit Kaal’s framework for India’s 25 years of growth.
- He suggested creating institutions for the Indian diaspora that would concentrate on different topics like languages, movies, IT, etc.
- Nation celebrates 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas on 9th January 2023
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI Day is formally celebrated on 9 January to commemorate the day when Mahatma Gandhi returned from South Africa to Mumbai, India. The day is celebrated to acknowledge the contribution of the NRI community in helping the development of the country.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 is organized from January 8-10, 2023 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. It is important to note that this is the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI Diwas.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, the official theme of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 is “Pravasis: Reliable Partners for India’s Progress in the Age of Amrit Kaal”. The theme focuses on the importance of the Indian diaspora in the development of the country. It is important to note that every year a new theme is chosen to celebrate this day.
- Former West Bengal Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi passes away
- A senior leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and former West Bengal governor, Keshari Nath Tripathi passed away at 88. Born on November 10, 1934, in erstwhile Allahabad, Tripathi was also a senior advocate at the Allahabad High Court.
- He joined RSS when he was just 12 and later switched to Bharatiya Jana Sangh. He was jailed in Naini Central Jail in 1953 for participating in the ‘Kashmir Andolan’ and again in 1990 for taking part in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement.
- A senior advocate of Allahabad high court, Tripathi served as a member of the UP Legislative Assembly six times. He represented the Jhansi seat 1977-1980) and the Allahabad South seat for five consecutive terms between 1989-2007). He also served as the Speaker of the UP Legislative Assembly thrice between 1991 and 2004.
- On July 14, 2014, Tripathi was appointed as the governor of West Bengal. He had an additional charge of Bihar as governor twice and an additional charge as governor of Meghalaya and Mizoram as well.
- International Kite Festival 2023 begins in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
The International Kite Festival 2023 started on 8 January in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The festival, which is being organized after a gap of two years, was inaugurated by Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel.
The previous edition was held in 2020 with 153 participants from 43 countries. The festival is being organized by Gujarat Tourism on the G-20 theme of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’. Apart from Ahmedabad, International Kite Festival will also be organized in Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Dwarka, Somnath, Dhordo, and Kevadia.
The 68 countries participating in the event include Australia, Canada, France, Russia, Germany, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Colombia, Denmark, New Zealand, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, Belgium, Bahrain, Iraq, and Malaysia.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 8 & 9 January 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 7 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 6 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 5 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 3 & 4 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 31 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 30 December 2022
- Current Affairs viable of 29 December 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे