Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 10 & 11 January 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 10 & 11 January 2023 covering the following news headlines: Cherchera’ Festival, Sania Mirza, Novak Djokovic, The Voice of Global South, World Hindi Day, Startup India Innovation Week.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete essential box of news held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 10 & 11 January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- No tsunami detected after 7.6 quake strikes eastern Indonesia
- Indonesia issued a tsunami warning for nearly three hours after a powerful 7.6-magnitude earthquake struck off Indonesia’s Tanimbar Islands on Tuesday, but no significant change in sea level was recorded and the warning was lifted.
- The earthquake was followed by at least four aftershocks that were also felt in parts of northern Australia, with preliminary reports from Indonesia’s disaster agency indicating mainly light to moderate damage to buildings.
- Indonesia experiences frequent seismic activity due to its position on the Pacific “Ring of Fire”, where tectonic plates collide. Last November, a 5.6-magnitude earthquake struck West Java, Indonesia’s most populous province, killing hundreds.
- 120-feet-tall Polo Statue Inaugurated by Amit Shah in Manipur
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a 120-foot-tall statue of a polo player riding a polo at Marjing Polo Complex in Imphal, Manipur. Manipur is known as the birthplace of the game polo.
- Chief Minister of Manipur N Biren Singh was also present during the inauguration ceremony and gave a polo mallet and a painting of the game to Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The projects to be inaugurated by Amit Shah includes Manipur Olympian Park at Sangaithel, a paid private ward at the state-run Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Moreh Town water supply scheme, Nongpok Thong Bridge at the eastern side of Kangla Fort and Cave tourism project at Kangkhui Cave.
- PM Launches Aspirational Block Programme Aimed at Spurring Development Parameters
- The Prime Minister has launched the government’s Aspirational Block Program (ABP), which aims to improve the performance of backward blocks on various development parameters. The Aspirational Block Program is on the lines of the Aspirational District Program which was launched in 2018 and covers 112 districts across the country.
- NITI Aayog in partnership with states will release quarterly rankings of these blocks based on their performance on development indicators covering areas such as health, education, and nutrition.
- Chhattisgarh CM Celebrated Traditional ‘Cherchera’ Festival in Raipur
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel celebrated the Cherchera festival at Dudhadhari Math in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- The Cherchera festival of Chhattisgarh is celebrated on the full moon night of the ‘Paush’ Hindu calendar month. It is to celebrate the happiness and joy of taking crops to their homes after cultivation. Chief Minister Baghel extended warm wishes to all the citizens of Chhattisgarh on the auspicious occasion.
- On the occasion of the Chercher festival, CM has demanded the Governor to sign the reservation bill for the young generation of Chhattisgarh as they have to get admission to college and government jobs.
- Cherchera festival is celebrated in the month of Paush on the full moon night.
- According to the mythological belief, on this day Lord Shankar begged Mata Annapurna.
- Kerala University won the ‘Overall Championship’ at a youth festival
- The University of Kerala secured the ‘Overall Championship’ at the 36th Inter University South Zone Youth Festival Padma Tarang at Sree Padmavathi Mahila Vishwavidyalaya (SPMVV) in Tirupati. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam was the runner-up. With over 700 registered participants from universities across South India converging on the campus.
- SPMVV is hosting the event for the third time in association with the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In all, there will be 27 competitive events during the five-day festival. Of the eighteen universities deputing student teams to the event, Kerala ranks first with seven universities.
- South Africa cricketer Dwaine Pretorius Announces International Retirement
- Cricket South Africa (CSA) has confirmed that Proteas all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius has immediately retired from international cricket. Since making his international debut in 2016, the 33-year-old has represented South Africa across all three formats in 30 T20 Internationals (T20I), 27 One-Day Internationals (ODI), and three Tests.
- He has also featured in two World Cups. Pretorius showed his prowess with the bat and ball in the international arena, aggregating 1895 runs and scalping 77 wickets across formats.
- Announcing his retirement, the 33-year-old expressed his desire to play more franchise cricket around the world ‘to have a better balance in my career and family life.’ The all-rounder will be seen in the IPL this year as he is part of the Chennai SuperKings squad.
- Indian Tennis star Sania Mirza announced her retirement
- Indian tennis player Sania Mirza (36 years old), former doubles world No. 1, has confirmed her retirement from professional tennis. She announced that the Dubai Tennis Championships, a Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 1000 event to be held in Dubai in February 2023, would be her last match.
- Before her final appearance, she is going to play in women’s doubles at the Australian Open from 16–29 January 2023 with Kazakhstan’s Anna Danilina.
- Under SPRINT Scheme Indian Navy to Get Autonomous Weaponised Boat Swarms
- iDEX has signed its 50th SPRINT contract with Sagar Defence for Autonomous Weaponised Boat Swarms for the Indian Navy. Autonomous Weaponised Boat is one of the technologies introduced out of the 75 challenges by the Indian Navy under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav in 2022.
- Sagar Defence has developed the country’s first Autonomous Weaponised unmanned boat with the capability for swarming. The contract was signed under an Indian Navy project of the Defence India Start-up Challenge (DISC 7) SPRINT initiative.
- DRDO has tested 3 remote unmanned weaponized boats in Pune ahead of Defence Expo.
- The Autonomous Weaponised Boats were developed in collaboration with Sagar Defence Engineering, a private start-up.
- The vessel is capable of relying on the video feed to the ground control station and can be very useful for surveillance and patrolling.
- DPIIT to Organize Startup India Innovation Week from 10th to 16th January 2023
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry is organizing Startup India Innovation Week from 10 January 2023 to 16 January 2023 to celebrate the Indian startup ecosystem as well as National Startup Day (16 January 2023).
- Startup India Innovation Week 2023 aims to engage stakeholders of the startup ecosystem across the country and foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation in India during January 10-16, 2023.
- World Hindi Day 2023 observed on 10th January
- World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 10th January every year to promote awareness about the language across the world. It is also the day when Hindi, India’s national language, was spoken for the first time in the United Nations General Assembly.
- It was on this day in 1975 that the first World Hindi Conference was held in Nagpur. Since then, such conferences are organized in different parts of the world every year.
- The theme this year is “Hindi – Traditional Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence”. This year, the 12th World Hindi Conference will be organized in Fiji by the Foreign Ministry in collaboration with the Fiji government from February 15 to 17. The location for the 2023 event was decided during the 11th World Hindi Conference held in Mauritius last year.
- Padma Awardee Dr Tehemton E Udwadia “Father of laparoscopic surgery” passes away
- Padma awardee Indian surgeon and gastroenterologist Dr. Tehamton Erach Udwadia, known as the ‘Father of Laparoscopic Surgery in India’, passed away at 88. He was born on 15 July 1934 in the Bombay Presidency, British India (now Mumbai, Maharashtra, India).
- In 2004, he was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, in 2006, and the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honor, in 2017 for medicine.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 10 & 11 January 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 8 & 9 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 7 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 6 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 5 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 3 & 4 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 31 December 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे