Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 18 May 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 18 May 2022 covering the following news headlines: Italian Open 2022, Summer Deaflympics, Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ Award, Adani Group, Royal Enfield, Gram Unnati.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 18 May 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Table of Contents
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Business News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Emmanuel Macron names Elisabeth Borne as France’s new prime minister
- Elisabeth Bourne was appointed the new Prime Minister of France, becoming the second woman in the country to hold the position. He has served as Labor Minister in Macron’s previous government since 2020.
- Born is the second woman to hold the position after Edith Cresson, who was Prime Minister from 1991 to 1992 under Socialist President François Mitterrand.
- Somalia elects Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as the new president
- Somali legislators have elected former leader Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as the country’s next president, following a long-overdue election in the troubled Horn of Africa nation.
- Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, who served as Somalia’s president between 2012 and 2017, won the contest in the capital, Mogadishu, amid a security lockdown imposed by authorities to prevent deadly rebel attacks. He defeated Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (also known as Farmajo).
- The presidential elections committee said in a statement that Mohamud collected 214 votes against 110 casts in favor of incumbent president Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmaajo in a final third round.
- The 66-year-old Mohamud is the leader of the Union for Peace and Development Party, which commands a majority of seats in both legislative chambers.
- Indian Government Prohibited the Wheat Export with Immediate Effect
- The Indian government has banned wheat exports, claiming food security threats partly because of conflict in Ukraine and a sweltering summer has slashed supplies and pushed local prices to new highs.
- Despite not being one of the world’s top wheat exporters, India’s sanctions could push global prices to new highs, putting pressure on poor customers in Asia and Africa. Officials said during a press briefing that the ban would not last indefinitely and could be changed.
- Rising food and energy costs pushed India’s annual retail inflation rate to 7.79% in April, a new high. Rising inflation has resulted in wheat prices in India hitting new highs, with some spot markets reaching Rs 25,000 a tonne, much higher than the government’s minimum support price of Rs 20,150.
- National Data and Analytics Platform launched by NITI Aayog
- The National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP) was launched by NITI Aayog for free public use. By making data available on an accessible, interoperable, interactive, and user-friendly platform, the platform intends to democratize access to public government data.
- It maintains basic datasets of various government departments, organizes them, and provides analysis and visualization capabilities. This public launch followed the platform’s beta release in August 2021, which gave a small number of users access to testing and feedback.
- NDAP uses a use-case methodology to ensure that datasets hosted on the platform are adapted to the needs of data users in government, academia, journalism, civil society, and the corporate sector. All datasets are standardized in a single schema, which makes it easy to combine them and perform cross-sectoral analysis.
- At CFSL in Hyderabad, Amit Shah inaugurates the National Cyber Forensic Laboratory
- Home Minister Amit Shah launched the National Cyber Forensic Laboratory’ (NCFL) on the premises of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) in Hyderabad. The NCFL plans to expedite the resolution of cybercrime cases in the country. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the establishment of the NCFL for evidentiary purposes in the CFSL, Hyderabad, in December 2021.
- On the final day of the month-long ‘Praja Sangrama Yatra’ Phase-2, which started last month on the anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanthi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will attend a public assembly in Telangana.
- In the first phase, the party campaigned in Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Vikarabad, Sangareddy, Medak, Kamareddy, Sircilla, and Siddipet, covering 19 assembly constituencies in eight districts. The BJP has been projecting its power in Telangana through the yatra.
- Adani Group to buy Ambuja Cements, ACC for $10.5 bn
- The Adani Group, which belongs to Gautam Adani, is set to acquire Swiss multinational company Holcim’s stake in Indian companies Ambuja Cements and its subsidiary ACC for $10.5 billion (about Rs 81,361 crore), including an open offer.
- This is the largest acquisition ever by Adani for Holcim’s stake and open offer consideration, and India’s largest-ever merger and acquisition (M&A) transaction in the infrastructure and materials space. “Our foray into the cement business is yet another recognition of our belief in the growth story of our country.”
- Cameroonian activist wins Wangari Maathai Forest Champions’ Award 2022
- Cameroonian activist, Cecil Njebet has won the 2022 Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award for her outstanding contribution to the conservation of forests and improving the lives of the people who depend on them.
- The award celebrates Cecil Nedjebet’s energy and dedication over three decades promoting women’s rights to land and forests. She has actively shown that women’s participation in forest governance and conservation is fundamental to achieving sustainable forest management.
- Ndjebet has tirelessly promoted the concept that women should be involved in forest management and have equal rights over forest land and resources – and when they do so, forests are better protected and the community as a whole benefits from it happens.
- South Korea won the Uber Cup 2022, defeating China
- After a thrilling final at the Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand, Korea defeated defending champions China to capture their second Uber Cup title. Korea fought from behind twice to prevent China from winning a record 16th title at the famous team tournament in a 90-minute bout.
- In the deciding singles match, Korea’s 46th-ranked Sim Yu-jin faced 15th-placed Wang Xie of China, drawing 2–2 in the final. The 23-year-old Sim defeated Wang 28-26, 18-21, 21-8 in a match of one hour and 28 minutes.
- After a surprise run-in Bangkok, Korea won the Uber Cup for the first time in 12 years. The Asian giants won their group by defeating India 5–0, then beat Denmark and Japan 3–0 in the quarter-finals and semi-finals respectively.
- Highlights of the 2021 Summer Deaflympics
- The 24th edition of the 2021 Summer Deaflympics i.e. Caxias 2021, officially called the XXIV Summer Deaflympics, was an international multi-sport event held in Festa da Uva, Caxias do Sul, Brazil.
- The International Committee for Sport for the Deaf (ICSD) is the main governing body responsible for the organization of the Deaflympics and other World Championships for the Deaf.
- The motto of the event is “Sports comes from our hearts”.
- The mascot of Deaflympics is Ring-tailed Koti – Nino, which means priceless, worthy of praise, cheerful, happy, very lucky, and auspicious.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2022
- World Telecommunications and Information Society Day (WTISD) is observed each year on 17 May to raise awareness of the benefits and opportunities that the Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) provide to nations, societies and economies. It also hopes to raise awareness on how to close the digital divide.
- The theme of this year’s World Telecommunications and Information Society Day is Digital Technology for Older Persons and Healthy Aging.
- World Telecommunication Day was established in 1969 to commemorate the founding of the International Telecommunication Union on May 17, 1865.
- International Museum Day 2022 Observed on 18th May
- International Museum Day (IMD) is celebrated every year on 18 May. This day is observed to highlight the importance of museums in any culture. Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures, and development of mutual understanding, cooperation, and peace among peoples.
- This year, the theme for International Museum Day is ‘The Power of Museums’. As per ICOM’s website, the theme focuses on exploring the power of museums to achieve sustainability, to innovate on digitalization and accessibility, and the power of community building through education.
- The idea of having an International Museum Day first surfaced during a meeting called ‘Crusade for Museums,’ organized by ICOM in 1951. However, the resolution for International Museum Day was adopted during ICOM General Assembly in Moscow, in 1977 pageraja.com
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 18 May 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 16 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 9th May 2022
- Daily current affairs viable of 8 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 7th May 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- UPSSSC Health Worker (Female) Online Form 2021 Post - 9212
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे