Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 17 August 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 17 August 2022 covering the following news headlines: Parsi New Year 2022, Azlan Shah Cup, Blue Plaque honor, Police Medals, Veer Durgadas Rathore, National Institute of Ocean Technology.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete essential box of the information held all day. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 17 August 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- William Ruto is declared Kenya’s next president
- Kenya’s vice president, William Ruto, is now the country’s elected president after five-time contender Raila Odinga was declared the winner of the last presidential election.
- Before Wafula Chebukati, the chairman of Kenya’s election commission could declare Ruto’s victory. The Speaker said Ruto got 50.49% of the vote, while Odinga got 48.85% of the vote.
- Covid booster vaccination approved first in the United Kingdom
- British health officials said the UK has become the first country to approve a bivalent modern COVID booster vaccination. The COVID booster vaccination targets both the original strain of COVID-19 and the more recent Omicron version.
- The Modern COVID Booster Vaccination was approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) as a “rapid tool” against the new coronavirus, as determined to meet its requirements for safety, quality and effectiveness.
- GoI appointed 11 new High Court Judges in Punjab & Haryana
- The government of India has notified the appointments of another 11 High Court Judges in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- The appointments include the names Nidhi Gupta, Sanjay Vashisth, Tribhuvan Dahiya, Namit Kumar, Harkesh Manuja, Aman Chaudhary, Naresh Singh, Harsh Bunger, Jagmohan Bansal, Deepak Manchanda and Alok Jain.
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court are currently functioning with just 46 judges against the sanctioned strength of 85 with around a dozen of the 46 judges set to retire in the next two years.
- Odisha Government Signed An MoU With NIOT For Protecting It’s Coastline
- The Odisha government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai, for the protection of coastal areas from various natural calamities such as floods, cyclones, soil erosion and high tides etc.
- The coastal areas of Odisha face natural disasters every year due to the effects of climate change. Seven districts of Ganjam, Puri, Khordha, Kendrapara, Bhadrak, Baleshwar and Jagatsinghpur will be benefited by this initiative.
- 4 independent directors reappointed by GoI to RBI’s central board
- Satish Kashinath Marathe, Swaminathan Gurumurthy, Revathi Iyer, and Sachin Chaturvedi all re-nominated by the national government to serve as part-time, non-official directors on the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India or the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India Is.
- The RBI said on its website that Gurumurthy and Marathe have been re-nominated for four years until further instructions from the central board of the RBI.
- Home Ministry awarded 1082 Police Medals in 2022
- The Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) has awarded 1,082 police personnel from CAPFs and state forces with various categories of service medals, including for gallant action on the eve of Independence Day.
- The decorations include 347 police medals for gallantry (PMG), 87 President’s police medals for distinguished service and 648 police medals for meritorious service.
- Out of the 347 gallantry awards, 204 personnel are being awarded for their gallant action in Jammu and Kashmir, 80 for displaying bravery in Left Wing Extremism or Naxal violence-affected areas and 14 personnel for showing bravery in North-East Region.
- Dadabhai Naoroji’s London home gets Blue Plaque honour
- London home of Dadabhai Naoroji will get a ‘Blue Plaque’, an honour that is reserved for notable personalities who have lived and worked in London. Naoroji was the first Asian who was elected as a Member of Parliament in Britain.
- The Blue Plaque scheme, run by the English Heritage charity, honours the historic significance of particular buildings across London. Naoroji’s plaque was unveiled to coincide with the 75th-anniversary celebrations of Indian Independence.
- By 1986, English Heritage assumed charge of the scheme. Since then, English Heritage has erected over 360 plaques in more than 900 buildings in London.
- Azlan Shah Cup in Ipoh, Malaysia from November 16-25, 2022
- Malaysia’s premier men’s hockey tournament, the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2022 will be held from November 16 to 25 in Ipoh. The tournament is making a return after a two-year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- World No 1 Australia, fifth-ranked Germany, India, New Zealand, and Canada have been invited to the tournament. All matches will be played at the Azlan Shah Stadium in the city of Ipoh in Malaysia, which is the permanent venue of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
- The Sultan Azlan Shah Cup has been an annual feature in the FIH calendar since 1998, although it initially started life in 1983 as a biennial event. The event is named after legendary hockey fan and former FIH Executive Board Member HRH Sultan Azlan Shah.
- Parsi New Year 2022: History and Significance
- Parsi New Year is celebrated every year on 16 August. This year also on the Parsi New Year 2022, India will celebrate a regional holiday that marks the beginning of the new year according to the ‘Shahenshahi’ calendar.
- The Parsi New Year is also known as Navroz. Most of the Parsi community lives in the western part of the country, usually in Maharashtra and Gujarat. During the Parsi New Year, Parsi families across India visit holy temples, pay their respects to elders and offer their prayers. They also enjoy their traditional food.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 17 August 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- GK Current Affairs of 16 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 14 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 11 & 12 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10 August 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे