Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable of 13 May 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 13 May 2022 covering the following news headlines: Tomato Flu, Chiara-Bijaee Yojana, Air India, Chief Election Commissioner, Louis Vuitton, ICICI Bank, Saudi Aramco.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 13 May 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- States News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Obituaries News
- Marcos Jr. Wins 2022 Presidential Election in the Philippines
- Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., son of the late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos, claimed victory in the 2022 Philippines presidential election with more than 30.8 million votes. A victory would return the Marcos dynasty to power. Hundreds of people gathered to protest the election results.
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and Lenny Robredo are the presidential and vice-president candidates in the election. Both candidates promised economic recovery after the pandemic.
- Along with the two main candidates, eight other candidates, including former boxing star Manny Pacquiao, Manila Mayor Isco Moreno, and former National Police Chief Sen. Panfilo Laxon, are far behind in the voter preference poll.
- The outbreak of Tomato Flu in Southern Parts of India
- In some parts of Kerala, a new virus known as tomato flu has been detected after the Covid-19 pandemic. Tomato flu has been detected in around 80 children in Kerala’s Kollam city and is spreading rapidly.
- All confirmed cases have been diagnosed in children less than 5 years of age. They have been admitted to local government hospitals. The number of children admitted to private hospitals is not included in the tally yet, it could be more than 80 cases. It is called tomato flu because it causes tomato–sized blisters on the body.
- Children with tomato flu may experience fever, rash, and skin irritation. Some children also suffer from dehydration. Neighboring districts of Kollam such as Mangaluru, Udupi, Kodagu, Chamarajanagar, and Mysore have been put on high alert in view of the growing effect of tomato flu and daily commuters have been instructed to keep a watch. The flu has reached Aryankavu, Aanchal, and Nedivathur in Kerala.
- Saudi Aramco overtook Apple Inc. as the world’s most valuable company
- Oil giant Saudi Aramco has overtaken Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable company. That has fueled the energy giant this year, underscoring the recent jump in oil prices.
- Aramco traded near its highest level on record with a market capitalization of about $2.43 trillion, surpassing Apple for the first time since 2020. The iPhone maker closed 5.2% down at $146.50 per share, giving it a valuation of $2.37 trillion.
- Even if the move proves to be short-lived and Apple is back in the top spot again, the role reversal underscores the power of major forces coming through the global economy.
- Rising oil prices, while great for profits at Aramco, are fueling rising inflation that is forcing the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates at the fastest pace in decades. The higher rates go, the more investors discount the value of future revenue streams from tech companies and push their stock prices down.
- ICICI Bank and Santander UK Partner for business ease between India and UK
- ICICI Bank, one of India’s largest private sector banks, established a partnership with Santander Bank in the United Kingdom, aimed at making banking easier for businesses operating in both countries. The ICICI and Santander UK Plc signed an MoU in Mumbai to build a framework of a partnership between the banks to satisfy the financial service needs of corporate clients operating along the India-UK corridor.
- ICICI Bank said it will offer UK corporates operating in India banking solutions in trade, cross-border payments, supply chain, treasury solutions, and retail banking, while Santander UK will support Indian corporates and new-age firms with their banking needs in the UK.
- This MoU enables corporates in the UK-India corridor to receive smooth banking services. They are convinced that ICICI Bank would support Santander UK and assist its customers to build their businesses in India and make India one of their main markets, thanks to their extensive network, industry-first digital services, and comprehensive suite of corporate ecosystem banking.
- Indian Architect B V Doshi honored with Royal Gold Medal 2022
- Indian architect Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi was awarded the prestigious Royal Gold Medal 2022.
- The Royal Gold Medal is one of the world’s highest honors for architecture by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), London, United Kingdom (UK).
- The Royal Gold Medal is personally endorsed by Queen Elizabeth II of the UK and is awarded to a person or group of people who have had a significant impact, directly or indirectly, on the advancement of architecture.
- India won 14 medals in Archery Asia Cup 2022 Stage 2
- Indian archers wrapped up a highly successful Asia Cup 2022 Stage-II campaign in Sulaimaniyah, Iraq with a total of 14 medals – eight gold, four silver, and two bronze. The Indian team of women archers Preneet Kaur, Aditi Swamy, and Sakshi Choudhary defeated Kazakhstan in Iraq to win India’s first gold medal at the Continental Meet.
- The men’s team of Prathamesh Fuge, Rishabh Yadav, and Javkar Samalan won the second gold medal for India. The mixed pair of Prathamesh Phuge and Preneet Kaur won the third gold medal in the Asia Archery Cup.
- Leonid Kravchuk, the first president of Independent Ukraine Passes Away
- Former communist Leonid Kravchuk, who helped sign the Soviet Union’s death warrant and then served as the first president of independent Ukraine, has died at the age of 88.
- Kravchuk was known as “Willy Fox” as he rose through the ranks of the Communist Party of Ukraine and took over as the head of the parliament in 1990. He signed the Belovsk Agreement with Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Belarusian leader Stanislav Shushkevich in December 1991, which effectively led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News 13 May 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 9th May 2022
- Daily current affairs viable of 8 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 7th May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 6th May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 5th May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 4th May 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- UPSSSC Health Worker (Female) Online Form 2021 Post - 9212
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे