Daily GK Current Affairs News viable of 18th October 2021. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 18th October 2021 covering the following news headlines: UN Human Rights Council, Joint Sea 2021, Norway, Karnataka Bank, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India, National Security Guard.
Daily Current Affairs update are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Sri Lanka Seeks $500 Million Line of Credit from India to purchase Fuel
- The Sri Lankan government has sought a USD 500 million line of credit from India to pay for its crude oil purchases, as the island nation faces a severe foreign exchange crisis, crippling tourism and remittances after the pandemic. Earnings have been affected.
- The line of credit of USD 500 million is part of the India-Sri Lanka Economic Partnership arrangement.
- This facility will be used for procuring petrol and diesel requirements.
- Hubble finds evidence of persistent water vapour in Jupiter’s moon ‘Europa’
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope Observatory has revealed the persistent presence of water vapor in Jupiter’s icy moon Europa. However, the presence of water vapor atmosphere is found only in one hemisphere.
- The findings could help further explore whether Europa’s atmosphere could support life.
- The result is based on Hubble observations spanning 1999 to 2015.
- NASA launches Lucy Mission to study the Jupiter Trojan asteroids
- The US space agency NASA has launched a first-of-its kind mission called ‘Lucy Mission‘ to study Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids.
- The mission life of Lucy is 12-year, during which the spacecraft will fly by a total of eight ancient asteroids to study about solar system’s evolution. These will include one main-belt asteroid and seven Jupiter Trojan asteroids.
- The Lucy mission will mark NASA’s first single spacecraft mission in history to explore so many different asteroids.
- The Lucy probe was launched on a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket from Space Launch Complex 41 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida on October 16, 2021.
- Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids are two large clusters of space rocks that scientists believe are remnants of primordial material that formed the solar system’s outer planets.
- Canadian Actor William Shatner becomes oldest person in history to fly to space
- Legendary Canadian actor William Shatner has become the oldest person to go into space.
- Shatner, 90, blasted off into space on October 13, 2021, aboard Jeff Bezos’s Blue Origin rocket.
- The Canadian was followed by three other fellow passengers, Chris Boshuizen, William Shatner, Audrey Powers and Glenn de Vries on an 11-minute journey beyond Earth’s atmosphere and back again.
- Four of them reached an altitude of 66.5 miles (107 kilometers) over the West Texas desert in a fully automated capsule ‘New Shepard’.
- Jonas Gahr Store Assumes Charge as Prime Minister of Norway
- The leader of the Labor Party in Norway, Jonas Gehr Store, has assumed the office of Prime Minister of Norway with effect from October 14, 2021.
- In September 2021, Storr’s Labor Party won parliamentary elections, after which Prime Minister Erna Solberg and his government stepped down.
- China launches historic Shenzhou-13 crewed mission with 3 astronauts for 6 months
- The Chinese space agency has launched Shenzhou-13 crewed mission, the country’s first long-duration stay aboard.
- The three-person crew are expected to spend six-months in space, to set up new record for the time spent in space by Chinese astronauts.
- The members of the crew includes Zhai Zhigang, Wang Yaping and Ye Guanfu, who will spend the time in space in testing the station’s technology and conducting spacewalks.
- Wang Yaping is China’s first female astronaut on board the space station .
- The Shenzhou-13 crewed spaceship launched by a Long March 2F rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the Gobi Desert, located in Inner Mongolia.
- India re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- India has been re-elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for a sixth term on October 14, 2021, with an overwhelming majority.
- The new three-year term of India will be effective from January 2022 to December 2024. India received 184 votes of the 193 votes cast in the election.
- The elections were held for a total of 18 seats and countries needed a minimum of 97 votes to get elected to the 47 UN member council. The headquarters of the UNHRC is in Geneva, Switzerland.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- United Nations Human Rights Council President: Nazhat Shameem;
- United Nations Human Rights Council Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland;
- United Nations Human Rights Council Founded: 15 March 2006.
- Punjab CM Charanjit Channi launches ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’ scheme to confer proprietary rights
- In Punjab, the Chief Minister Charanjit Channi launched a new scheme titled ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’ on October 17, 2021 which aims to confer proprietary rights on the people living in the houses within the ‘Lal Lakir’ of villages and the cities.
- The land area which is a part of the village habitation and is used for non-agriculture purposes only is known as Lal Lakir.
- The state government will undertake drone survey of residential properties, both in rural and urban areas for digital mapping, following which all eligible residents would be given the property cards, after proper identification or verification, to confer proprietary rights upon them in a time-bound manner.
- The property card will serve the purpose of registry against which they can avail loans from the banks or even sell their properties.
- Adani Group takes over operations and management control of Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram airport
- The Adani Group formally took over the operations, management and development control of the international airport at Thiruvananthapuram on October 14, 2021.
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is the first of the four international airports in Kerala.
- The airport was established in 1932 and till now it was owned and operated by the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Indian Army wins gold medal in the Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2021
- A team from 5th Battalion-4 (5/4) Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force) representing the Indian Army won the gold medal at the prestigious Cambrian Patrol Exercise which was held in the United Kingdom.
- The Indian Army team took part in the event and competed with a total of 96 teams including 17 international teams representing Special Forces and prestigious Regiments from different parts of the world.
- The Indian Army team received rich accolades from all the judges. The team was praised for their excellent navigation skills, overall physical endurance and delivery of patrol orders.
- India beat Nepal 3-0 to win 2021 SAFF Championship
- India beat Nepal, 3-0, to win 2021 SAFF Championship final title, held on October 16, 2021, at the National Football Stadium in Male, Maldives.
- This is the eighth SAFF Championship title claimed by the Indian men’s national football team. Previously the team had won the title in 1993, 1997, 1999, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2015.
- Sunil Chhetri , Suresh Singh Wangjam and Sahal Abdul Samad were the goal scorer for the Indian team in final.
- Top Scorer in the championship Sunil Chhetri (Captain) – 5 goals.
- Meanwhile, Sunil Chhetri scored his 80th international strike at the championship to equal his score with iconic Lionel Messi and became the second-highest goal-scorer in international football among active players.
- Divya Deshmukh becomes India’s 21st Woman Grand Master
- 15-year-old Divya Deshmukh became India’s 21st Woman Grand Master (WGM) after achieving her 2nd International Master (IM) at Grand Master (GM) in Budapest, Hungary.
- He scored five points in the nine rounds and ended up with a performance rating of 2452 to secure her final WGM norm.
- Divya also secured her second IM-norm and is now a norm away from becoming an International Master. Apart from three wins, she played out four draws while losing two games in the tournament.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 18th October 2021 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 17 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 16 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 12 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 11 October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10th October 2021
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 9th October 2021
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- WB Police Lady Constable / SI Online Form 2021 - Post 9720
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे