Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable of 23rd May 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 23rd May 2022 covering the following news headlines: Paytm General Insurance Ltd, India’s State of Inequality Report, CORPAT, UEFA Europa Football League, Chessable Masters online.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 23rd May 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Table of Contents
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- Banking News
- Business News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Miscellaneous News
- Anthony Albanese was sworn in as Australia’s new prime minister
- The leader of Australia’s Labor Party, Anthony Albanese, was sworn in as the country’s new prime minister. After nine years, Albanese claimed victory in the election, ending his wait for power, with Anthony Albanese becoming the country’s 31st prime minister.
- Outgoing Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who is leading the Liberal-National coalition, has conceded defeat.
- The 59-year-old new prime minister was sworn in at a brief ceremony at the Government House in Canberra.
- Other members of her team to take office include Secretary of State Penny Wong, who will join the Albanians at the Quad Summit, Treasurer Jim Chalmers, and Finance Minister Katy Gallagher.
- RBI authorizes a surplus transfer to the Central Government of Rs 30,307 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the transfer of a surplus of Rs 30,307 crore to the central government for the financial year 2021-22. The Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India met for the 596th time in Mumbai under the chairmanship of Governor Shaktikanta Das to adopt the Reserve Bank’s Annual Report and Accounts for the year.
- The Board agreed to keep the contingency risk buffer at 5.50 percent after examining the current economic situation, global and domestic issues, and the impact of recent geopolitical developments.
- Inflation is at its highest. The April Wholesale Price Index stood at 15.05 percent. The consumer price index is 7.8%.
- These are very high rates and India is not alone in this regard. In the US where the target inflation rate is 2%, the most recent inflation rate was 8.5 percent, which has now dropped to 8.3 percent. As a result, inflation exists around the world.
- Commodity, service, and manufacturing prices have risen dramatically in recent years.
- Inflation started in 2021 and the war in Ukraine has intensified it. Right now, the world is caught in a massive inflationary trap.
- Paytm announced a Joint Venture named ‘Paytm General Insurance Ltd’
- Paytm has announced a Joint Venture (JV) general insurance company named Paytm General Insurance Limited (PGIL). Paytm has announced plans to infuse Rs 950 crore in PGIL over a period of 10 years and hold an upfront equity stake of 74 percent in the JV.
- After the investment, Paytm General Insurance will become a subsidiary of Paytm. Incorporated in 2018, PGIL plans to register and commence general insurance business as defined under section 2(6B) of the Insurance Act, 1938 (“The Insurance Act”). Notably, PGIL is yet to commence its general insurance business which is currently subject to obtaining the Certificate of Registration from IRDAI.
- Anjali Pandey bags the CII EXCON Committed Leader Award
- Anjali Pandey, Engines and Components Business Unit Leader at Cummins India has been awarded the Committed Leader Award at CII EXCON 2022 in Bengaluru for her efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Cummins views Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) as a competitive advantage, and hence it’s a business imperative.
- Cummins India has taken active measures to increase its female representation over the past few years resulting in an increase in gender diversity ratio from 5 to 32 percent over the last two decades, which is a significant achievement for a manufacturing organization.
- Cummins drives various initiatives to provide equal opportunities to women, including Women in Technology, gender balance during recruitment, ensuring pay parity, gender-neutral workstations, Cummins Women& Empowerment Network, flexible work arrangements, and award-winning breastfeeding-friendly facilities for new mothers, all of which are strongly supported by leadership.
- Diversity & Inclusion is one of Cummins & core values and the organization has an unwavering commitment to building a more dynamic workplace where all employees are inspired and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins Spanish Grand Prix
- Formula One world champion, Max Verstappen, won the Spanish Grand Prix at Red Bull to take over the top from Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, who retired with an engine failure while leading at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
- Mexican Sergio Pérez finished second, 13 seconds behind, but with the consolation of a bonus point for the fastest lap, was asked to pass on to his teammate for a third consecutive win behind Imola and Miami.
- Britain’s George Russell came in third for a revived Mercedes and battled for second place behind Leclerc in a thrilling display of defensive driving after going wheel-to-wheel with Verstappen.
- UEFA Europa Football League title won by Germany’s Eintracht Frankfurt
- German club Eintracht Frankfurt won their first European trophy in 42 years after beating Rangers 5-4 on penalties in Seville, Spain. Goalkeeper Kevin Trapp made a save at the end of extra time and another shootout helped Frankfurt win 5-4 on penalties.
- Scottish club Rangers were also trying to win their first European title since the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1972. Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt) was the man of the match. Colombian striker Rafael Borey, who equalized in the second half for Frankfurt, converted the deciding penalty to win the club’s first European trophy since the 1980 UEFA Cup, the predecessor of the Europa League. The victory marked Frankfurt’s first appearance in the Champions League the following season.
- Indian teenager R Praggnanandhaa stuns Magnus Carlsen for the 2nd time in 2022
- Indian GM Praggnanandhaa posted his second win over world champion Magnus Carlsen in 3 months when he stunned the Norwegian at the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
- 16-year-old Praggnanandha beat Magnus Carlsen for the first time in February at Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament. Praggnandha took his tally to 12 points while Carlsen was 2nd on the leaderboard behind China’s Wei Yi on Day 2 of the tournament.
- Abhimanyu Mishra, the youngest Grand Master in the world, is also part of the 16-man tournament. Praggnanandhaa had won with black pieces to end Carlsen’s 3-match winning run at the Airthings Masters in just 19 moves in a Tarrasch variation game.
- International Day for Biological Diversity 2022: 22 May
- International Day of Biodiversity or World Biodiversity Day is observed every year on 22 May to increase awareness and understanding of biodiversity issues. Biodiversity is essential for maintaining the balance of the planet. It is the cornerstone of ecosystem services, which are closely linked to human well-being.
- The theme for 2022 is “Building a Shared Future for All Life”. Fitting into the context of the ongoing United Nations Decade on Restoration, which highlights that biodiversity is the answer to many sustainable development challenges, the slogan sends the message that biodiversity is the foundation on which we can build better.
- In December 2000, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the agreed text of the Convention on Biological Diversity on 22 May 1992 as the IDB on 22 May to adopt the text of the Convention by the Nairobi Final Act of the Convention.
- International Day to End Obstetric Fistula: 23 May
- United Nations (UN) International Day to End Obstetric Fistula is marked on 23rd May since 2013 to promote action towards treating and preventing obstetric fistula, a condition that affects many girls and women during childbirth in developing countries.
- In 2003 the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and its partners launched the global Campaign to End Fistula, a collaborative initiative to prevent fistula and restore the health of those affected by the condition. The day was officially recognized in 2012.
- Obstetric fistula is a devastating childbirth injury, and a neglected public health and human rights issue. Two million women in low-resource settings have an obstetric fistula, and 100,000 more develop one every year. Leaking urine and/or feces and, as a result, living in desperate circumstances, only 1 in 50 ever receives treatment.
- 10-year-old girl Rhythm Mamania from Maharashtra summits Everest base camp
- Rhythm Mamania, a 10-year-old champion skater from Worli, has become one of the youngest Indian climbers to scale the Everest Base Camp (EBC) in the Himalayan ranges in Nepal.
- She is joined by young Indian climbers to climb the base camp. Rhythm has achieved a rare feat by completing the climb to the base camp in 11 days at an altitude of 5,364 meters. Rhythm went to the base camp with Nepal’s company Satori Adventures.
- A group of trekkers from Kutch also accompanied him. The 11-day expedition was organized by Rishi Bhandari of Satori Adventures, Nepal.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 23rd May 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 22 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 20 & 21 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 19 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 18 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 17 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 16 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14 May 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- UPSSSC Health Worker (Female) Online Form 2021 Post - 9212
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे