Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 20 & 21 May 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 20 & 21 May 2022 covering the following news headlines: National Geographic Society, IDBI Bank, RBL Bank, Adani Group, Skyroot Aerospace, Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022, International Tea Day.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of the important news held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 20 & 21 May 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- States News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Awards News
- Important Days
- NatGeo installed World’s Highest Weather Station on Mt. Everest
- The National Geographic Society has installed the “highest weather station in the world” on Mount Everest at an altitude of 8,830 meters to automatically measure various meteorological phenomena.
- Nepal’s Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) said an automated weather station was installed a few meters below the summit point last week because snow and ice on the summit are not suitable for fixing instruments.
- Solar-powered weather monitoring system to measure various meteorological phenomena such as air temperature, wind speed and direction, air pressure, changes in ice surface height, and incoming and outgoing short and longwave radiation is believed.
- SC allows companies to export iron ore in the Karnataka Mining case
- The Supreme Court of India allowed mining companies to export iron ore extracted from mines in the Karnataka districts of Ballari, Chitradurga, and Tumakuru. A bench consisting of Chief Justice N V Ramana, Justices Krishna Murari, and Hima Kohli took note of the Central government’s position and withdrew the export ban on iron ore while instructing the companies to adhere to the authorities’ restrictions.
- The highest court barred iron ore exports from Karnataka in 2012, with the goal of preventing environmental degradation and ensuring that the state’s mineral resources be maintained for future generations as part of the notion of inter-generational equality.
- The order was issued in response to mining companies’ requests to lift previous restrictions on the sale and export of iron ore, which had been imposed due to widespread violations.
- Taking into account all of the factors, the SC leaned toward favoring the applicants’ request and granting them permission to sell the already excavated iron ore stockpile at various mines and stockyards in the districts of Bellary, Tumkur, and Chitradurga in the state of Karnataka without resorting to the e-auction process.
- A franchise in UAE based T20 League bought by Adani Group
- Adani Sportsline, a division of the diversified Adani Group, has created history by acquiring the rights to own and manage a franchise in the UAE’s top T20 competition. The UAE T20 League, licensed by the Emirates Cricket Board, is an annual event involving six franchise teams participating in a 34-match tournament.
- The line-up of various teams is likely to include top players from all the cricket-playing nations. The league will provide a platform and exposure to the young cricketers of the future.
- This will be Adani Sportsline’s first significant international step to engage and engage with cricket fans across the globe.
- The Adani Group, which includes port management, power generation, and transmission, renewable energy, mining, airport operations, natural gas, food processing, and infrastructure, promotes Adani SportsLine.
- With operations in 70 sites in 50 countries and a market capitalization of over $222 billion, the company generates annual revenue of over $20 billion.
- RBL Bank and Amazon Pay tie-up to offer UPI payment
- RBL Bank, Amazon Pay, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have partnered together to deliver Universal Payment Interface (UPI) payments, which will include peer-to-peer and peer-to-merchant transactions.
- Amazon Pay will provide RBL Bank with a UPI ID with the handle @rapl from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), resulting in a seamless payment experience using RBL Bank’s cloud-based processing infrastructure. With its AWS-hosted payment processing technology, RBL strengthens its footprint in the UPI sector, allowing the bank to interact with Amazon Pay’s growing customer base and transaction volume.
- IDBI Bank to sell a quarter of its stock in Ageas Federal Life Insurance
- IDBI Bank has barged into a share purchase agreement to sell its remaining 25% stake in private sector life insurer Ageas Federal Life Insurance for Rs 580 crore, making Ageas one of the few foreign insurers to increase its stake in its Indian insurance joint venture to 74 percent after the government raised the FDI cap in the insurance sector.
- The deal is scheduled to close in Q2FY23, pending regulatory approvals and the fulfillment of the share purchase agreement’s terms and conditions. Ageas, a European insurer, has already expanded its stake in the Indian insurer from 26% to 49% in December 2020.
- Federal Bank’s shareholding in the company remained at 26%. The insurer’s name was changed from IDBI Federal Life Insurance to Ageas Federal Life Insurance as a result of this.
- Genius Energy wins Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022
- An innovator from Rajasthan, who has developed energy-saving technology in boilers by recycling steam, Subhash Ola has won the first prize for Amazon Sambhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022, and his venture “GeniusEnergy Critical Innovation Pvt Ltd” has won the start-up. Year Award.
- The technology was first developed to make khoya and other milk products, and the portfolio of applications has later expanded to include textiles, milk, food, pharma, plywood, paper mills, leather industry, chemical industries, hot water boiler generators, plastics recycling, Laundry was extended. , hospital, and so on.
- GeniusEnergy Critical Innovation, a start-up recognized by Govt. The incubation was done by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF), an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. of India. It serves customers in a variety of industries for their energy needs, helps them reduce costs, and protects the environment as well.
- World Metrology Day 2022: Annually observed on 20th May
- World Metrology Day (WMD) is observed annually on 20 May across the world to create awareness about metrology, the science of measurement, and its application. The day highlights the use of metrology in scientific fields, innovation, industries, business, and other fields. The day is the annual celebration of the Singing of the Meter Convention on 20 May 1875.
- The theme of World Metrology Day 2022 is Metrology in the Digital Age. This topic was chosen because digital technology is revolutionizing our community, and is one of the most exciting trends in society today.
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 2022
- The UN General Assembly, in its resolution, declared May 21 to be the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. The day aims to celebrate the richness of the world’s cultures and highlight the significance of its diversity as an agent of inclusion and positive change for achieving peace and sustainable development.
- Diversity Day, officially known as “The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development”, is an opportunity to help communities understand the value of cultural diversity and learn how to live together in harmony.
- In the year 2001, The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) adopted the ‘Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity’ as a result of the destruction of the Buddha statues of Bamiyan in Afghanistan 2001.
- Then in December 2002, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in its resolution 57/249, declared 21 May to be World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
- Anti-Terrorism Day 2022 observed on 21st May
- Anti-Terrorism Day is observed every year on May 21, the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. On May 21, 1991, he was assassinated by LTTE terrorists while campaigning for the Congress party in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- Rajiv Gandhi became the youngest PM of India when he was sworn in at the age of 40. He took over as the country’s sixth PM after the assassination of Indira Gandhi in 1984. He served from 1984 to 1989.
- Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a woman from the Liberation of Tamil Tigers Eelam (LTTE), a terrorist group, in a suicide bombing in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- There were explosives under the woman’s clothes and she went to Rajiv Gandhi and bent down as if to touch his feet when the bomb exploded, killing her and about 25 others. It is inland terrorism that created fear and made us lose our prime minister.
- International Tea Day 2022 Celebrates on the 21st of May
International Tea Day is celebrated every year on 21 May. The day is known to create awareness for the tea workers about safe working conditions, fair trade, and a sustainable environment to improve the production of tea.
The day will promote collective actions to implement activities in favor of sustainable production and consumption of tea and raise awareness of its importance in fighting hunger and poverty.
The United Nations General Assembly has designated 21 May as International Tea Day based on a resolution tabled by India at the FAO Intergovernmental Group on Tea (IGG) in October 2015. Before 2019, December 15 is celebrated as International Tea Day in tea-producing countries. such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Uganda, India, and Tanzania.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News 20 & 21 May 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 19 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 18 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 17 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 16 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 14 May 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 10 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 9th May 2022
- Daily current affairs viable of 8 May 2022
- Daily current affairs are viable of 7th May 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- IBPS PO/ MT X Recruitment 2020 - Post 1167
- MP NHM Staff Nurse, ANM / Lab Technicians Recruitment 2021 - Post 5835
- UPSSSC Health Worker (Female) Online Form 2021 Post - 9212
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे