Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 14 March 2023. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 14 March 2023 covering the following news headlines: First methanol run buses, Silicon Valley Bank Collapse, ‘beggar-free city’, Exercise La Perouse- 2023, Pfizer to acquire Seagen.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 14 March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Business News
- Banking News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Miscellaneous News
- Silicon Valley Bank Collapse: The Biggest Bank Failure Since 2008
- Startup-focused lender Silicon Valley Bank Financial Group became the biggest bank to fail since the 2008 financial crisis after a sudden collapse in global markets, stranding billions of dollars belonging to companies and investors.
- Silicon Valley Bank, the country’s 16th largest bank, collapsed on Friday, forcing the government to undertake a takeover and calling into question the fate of some $175 billion in customer deposits.
- Signature Bank, US The 29th largest bank in the U.S., also closed its doors, suggesting that a financial panic had spread.
- Many bank stocks declined in early trade. First Republic Bank plunged 65% before the trading halt; Western Alliance Bancorp fell nearly 60%. Charles Schwab, America’s eighth largest bank, declined by almost 10%.
- Nitin Gadkari unveiled the first methanol-run buses in Bengaluru
- The first methanol-powered buses will be unveiled in Bengaluru by Union Road and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), NITI Aayog, Indian Oil Company (IOC), and Ashok Leyland are jointly executing this initiative, which aims to reduce the level of pollutants.
- A top BMTC official informed that the MD15 (diesel with 15% methanol) bus pilot test will begin at around 5:30 pm from Vidhana Soudha.
- BMTC intends to launch 80 buses that will use methanol fuel as part of the trial project, and 20 Ashok Leyland buses will also be introduced in the first phases.
- Indian Oil Company will provide free fuel and methanol for three months as part of the experiment.
- A new initiative called ‘beggar-free city’ started in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- In Nagpur, Maharashtra, a new “Beggar Free City” project has been launched. Nagpur City Police Commissioner Amitesh Kumar announced that notification 144 CrPC had been issued.
- The Social Welfare Division of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) and Nagpur City Police are partners in this endeavor. NMC has developed special provisions to accommodate homeless people in its shelters.
- Pfizer will spend $43 billion to acquire Seagen
- Pfizer is spending about $43 billion to acquire CGen to delve deeper into new cancer treatments that target tumor cells while sparing surrounding healthy tissue.
- The pharmaceutical giant said it would pay $229 in cash for each share of CGen Inc. Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said the biotech drug developer plans to “continue to innovate.”
- RBI accords ‘infra finance company’ status to IREDA
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted the status of ‘Infrastructure Finance Company (IFC)’ to the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), a company statement said. It was earlier classified as an ‘Investment and Credit Company (ICC)’.
- With IFC status, IREDA will be able to take higher risks in RE financing. The IFC status will help the company access a wider investor base to raise funds, resulting in competitive rates for fundraising.
- Women’s World Boxing Championships 2023: MC Mary Kom, and Farhan Akhtar named brand ambassador
- The Indira Gandhi Sports Complex in New Delhi will host the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships 2023 from March 15 to 26.
- Mahindra has been named the title sponsor of the event by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI), while MC Mary Kom and Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar have been named as brand ambassadors.
- For the third time in history, India is serving as the host country. The presence of Mary Kom and Bollywood superstar Farhan Akhtar will go a long way in boosting the BFI’s aim of promoting participation in women’s boxing.
- International Day of Action of Rivers 2023 observed on 14th March
- Every year on March 14, people throughout the world mark the International Day of Action for Rivers to bring attention to how important rivers are to our daily lives.
- Also, the day aims to raise awareness of the disparities in access to clean water as well as the increased pollution of freshwater environments like rivers as a result of overt human activities.
- The theme of the 2023 International Day of Action for Rivers is “Rights of Rivers,” which calls for the designation of rivers as a national treasure.
- GoI Unveils Rs 1,18,500 Crore Budget For Jammu And Kashmir
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled a budget of Rs 1,18,500 crore for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir for the next financial year.
- The total budget estimate for the financial year is Rs. 1,18,500 crore, of which developmental expenditure is of the order of Rs. 41,491 crores.
- The capital component of the budget has increased substantially.
- The G20 flower festival begins in New Delhi
- Connaught Plaza in Delhi will host a Flower Festival beginning on, March 11. It aims to emphasize the diversity of G20 participants and invited nations.
- The festival, which is being held at Central Park and is being organized by the New Delhi Municipal Council, was opened today by Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav.
- Japan, Singapore, and the Netherlands are among the G20 nations taking part. The objective of the festival is to showcase the vibrancy and colorful display of G20 members and guest countries.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 14 March 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs Viable Of 13 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 12 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 11 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 10 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 9 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 6 & 7 March 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे