Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable as of 20 October 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 20 October 2022 covering the following news headlines: World osteoporosis day, World Statistics Day, International Chef’s Day, Ookla Report, UIDAI, Paytm Payments Bank, Mallikarjun Kharge, Compressed Bio Gas plant.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have full knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 20 October 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Business News
- Important Days
- Miscellaneous News
- Indus Waters Treaty: World Bank Appoints Chairman of Court of Arbitration
- The World Bank has appointed a “neutral expert” and chairman of the Court of Arbitration with respect to the Kishanganga and Ratle hydroelectric plants in view of disagreements and differences between India and Pakistan over the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty.
- Michelle Lino has been appointed as the neutral expert and Sean Murphy has been appointed as the chairman of the Court of Arbitration. The World Bank said in a statement that he would perform his duties in his individual capacity as a subject matter expert and independently of any other appointments.
- One Health Joint Plan of Action: WHO, UNEP, and FAO lay a plan
- One Health Joint Plan of Action: The One Health Joint Plan of Action would develop a framework and integrate systems and capabilities to enable improved collaborative prevention, prediction, detection, and response to health hazards. This will support sustainable development while enhancing the health of people, animals, plants, and the environment.
- A sustainable balance and optimization of the health of people, animals, plants, and ecosystems are the goals of the comprehensive, unified approach known as “One Health.”
- It is the main strategy for solving the numerous health issues that our civilization is currently confronting, including ecosystem degradation, problems with the food system, infectious diseases, and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
- Hardeep Puri inaugurated Asia’s largest Compressed Bio Gas plant
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated Asia’s largest Compressed Bio Gas (CBG) plant at Lehragaga in Sangrur, Punjab. The plant in Sangrur is the beginning of India’s master plan for a CBG-based rural economy and the government is taking all steps to boost its surrounding ecosystem.
- The plant will cost around Rs. It has been started with a foreign direct investment of Rs. 220 crores by Verbio AG, one of Germany’s leading bio-energy companies. Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann and senior management of Verbio India Pvt Ltd were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
- United Nations Secretary-General on India’s Visit
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres arrived in Mumbai, India on 19 October on a three-day official visit. This is his first visit to India after assuming his second term in January this year.
- United Nations (UNSG) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will be on an official visit to India from 18-20 October 2022. This will be UNSG’s first visit to India since he began his second term in office in January 2022. Had previously visited India (in his first term) from 01- 04 October 2018.
- According to the ministry, Guterres will begin his visit to India by paying tribute to the victims of the 26/11 terror attacks at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai. He will also deliver a public speech at IIT Mumbai on the topic – “[email protected]: UN-India Partnership: Strengthening South-South Cooperation”.
- LIC Launched New ‘Dhan Varsha’ Plan
- Life Insurance Company (LIC) has launched the ‘LIC Dhan Varsha’ scheme. LIC Dhan Varsha plan is a non-linked, non-participating, individual, thrift life insurance plan that offers a combination of protection and savings.
- Bachat Bima Yojana provides financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the life assured during the policy terms.
- LIC Dhan Varsha plan provides a guaranteed sum assured on the date of maturity for the surviving life assured.
- Death benefits are payable on the death of the Life Assured during the policy term after the date of commencement of risk.
- CASHe tie-up with IRCTC to launch ‘travel now pay later facility
- AI-powered financial wellness platform, Cashay announced that it has partnered with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to offer a “Travel Now Pay Later” (TNPL) payment option on its travel app, IRCTC Rail Connect.
- This will enable Indian Railways passengers to book their rail tickets instantly and pay later in pocket-friendly EMIs, ranging from three to six months. With the payment option of cash, booking and payment of rail tickets on the IRCTC Yatra App will now become easy and hassle-free for lakhs of Indian Railways passengers.
- World Osteoporosis Day 2022 observed on 20th October
- World osteoporosis day is a global healthcare event observed every year on 20 October. The day is observed to promote the early diagnosis of osteoporosis, its treatment, and preventive tips for strong bones.
- This year 2022, the World Osteoporosis Day theme is “Step Up For Bone Health”, intending to encourage people around the world to check for bone density and bone health status regularly (especially people above 50) and inculcate healthy lifestyle to strengthen the bone health.
- The first occurrence of World Osteoporosis Day was noticed on October 20, 1996, held by the United Kingdom’s National Osteoporosis Society with the collaboration of the European Commission. Later on, in 1997 International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) organized World Osteoporosis Day (WOD).
- International Chef’s Day 2022 celebrates on 20th October
- International Chefs Day is celebrated every year on 20 October to honor the masters of the culinary arts who have protected the value of food and are giving the same message to future generations.
- The day celebrates the culinary arts and recognizes the hard work and dedication put in by chefs in their craft. If you know a chef, be sure to thank them for their delicious creations. And if you’re a chef yourself, take pride in knowing that your skills are admired by people all over the world!
- This year’s theme is “Developing a Healthy Future”. The idea behind this theme is to ensure a healthy and sustainable planet for the generations to come.
- World Statistics Day 2022 celebrates on 20 October
- World Statistics Day 2022 is celebrated annually on October 20th to recognize the importance of statistics in our daily lives.
- The United Nations Statistical Commission has been at the forefront of advocating for the use of statistics to track progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Good data and statistics are essential for effective planning, monitoring, and evaluation of progress toward the SDGs.
- The theme of Statistics Day, 2022 is “Data for Sustainable Development”.
- The United Nations Statistical Commission proposed celebrating 20 October 2010 as World Statistics Day. The General Assembly adopted on 3 June 2010 resolution 64/267, which officially designated 20 October 2010 as the first-ever World Statistics Day under the general theme “Celebrating the many achievements of official statistics.
- Indian Railways Announces the Closure of COFMOW
- The Ministry of Railways announced the closure of the Central Organization for Modernization of Workshops (COFMOW), New Delhi. It will be effective from 1st December 2022.
- The Railway Board confirmed the closure of the four-decade-old organization, which, along with the recommendations of the Principal Economic Adviser and the Ministry of Finance, contributed significantly to the modernization of the workshop in the railway network.
- COFMOW was barred from issuing or opening tenders with immediate effect from the closure.
- All accepted works against which the tender has not been finalized.
- The workers will be transferred to the respective Zonal Railway or Production Unit.
- COFMOW has successfully helped in the modernization of production units and workshops since its inception in 1979. The organization has acquired unmatched expertise in developing specifications for machinery for more than four decades.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News 20 October 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 19 October 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 18 October 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 17 October 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 16 October 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 15 October 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 14 October 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे