Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 7 February 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 7 February 2023 covering the following news headlines: Lata Mangeshkar, Pervez Musharraf, Dipa Karmakar, National Beach Soccer Championships, Grammy Awards 2023, House Intelligence Committee.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 7 February 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Banking News
- Business News
- Awards News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Miscellaneous News
- Earthquake of magnitude 7.8 kills 95, knocks down buildings in Turkey
- A 7.8-magnitude earthquake shook Turkey, followed by another, stronger quake that was felt in several provinces in the region, causing several buildings to collapse, reports said.
- The US Geological Survey said the epicenter was about 33 kilometers (20 mi) from Gaziantep and about 26 kilometers (16 mi) from the city of Nurdagi.
- According to the US Geological Survey, it was centered at a depth of 18 kilometers (11 mi). Turkey’s Disaster and Emergency Management Agency was centered in the city of Pazarsik in Kahramanmaraş Province.
- Indian-American Ami Bera Appointed to House Intelligence Committee
- Indian-American Congressman Dr. Ami Bera has been appointed as a member of a powerful US House committee dealing with intelligence-related matters.
- The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is charged with overseeing the nation’s intelligence activities, which includes the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), the National Security Agency (NSA) as well as military intelligence.
- Amit Shah Laid Foundation Stone for India’s Fifth Nano Urea Plant in Deoghar
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of a ₹450 crore nano urea plant and township of the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO) in Deoghar, Jharkhand. The nano urea plant will be the fifth such plant in India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s first nano urea plant in Gujarat in 2021. According to Union Minister Amit Shah Nano Urea will benefit farmers and it is already being exported to five countries.
- Nano Urea helps in improving the crop productivity, soil health, and nutritional quality of products and aims to address the imbalance and excessive use of conventional urea.
- IFFCO Managing Director US Awasthi informed us that the plant is scheduled to be commissioned in December next year.
- He also states that the nano urea plant will be constructed at a cost of ₹300 crore and the township at a cost of ₹150 crores.
- HDFC Bank tie-up with NIIT for a training program for relationship management roles
- HDFC Bank, one of India’s leading private sector banks, has partnered with the National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT) Ltd., a global talent development corporation, to create a large pool of skilled virtual relationship management professionals for the banking industry. . Virtual Relationship Managers (VRMs) acts as a single point of contact for all the requirements or issues of the managed customers of the Bank.
- VRM is a high-potential channel for banks for revenue generation through customer retention, cross-selling, and portfolio management. Build effective relationships with customers to maintain and develop lasting relationships. Identify customers’ financial and other banking needs and then refer others where appropriate.
- Reliance Retail to Accept Digital Currency for Payments
- In the process of the adoption of the Central Bank of Digital Currency (CDDC), Reliance Retail started accepting digital rupees or e-rupee for payments at its store. The payment through digital currency has been started in Reliance Retail’s Freshpik store in Mumbai but will soon be expanded to other 17,000 stores of India’s largest retailer.
- The initiative of pioneering digital currency acceptance at the Reliance stores is in line with the company’s strategic vision of offering the power of choice to Indian consumers.
- Reliance Retail has partnered with Innoviti Technologies, ICICI Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable acceptance of the digital rupee.
- Customers using their choice of digital rupee app powered by ICICI Bank or Kotak Mahindra Bank need to simply scan the QR code in the terminal and enter their passcode to authorize payment through e-rupee.
- Government Approved Conversion of Rs 16,133 Crore Interest dues of Vodafone Idea into Equity
- Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said that after receiving a firm commitment from the Aditya Birla Group to run the company and bring in the necessary investments, the government has approved the conversion of debt-ridden Vodafone Idea’s interest of over Rs 16,133 crore into equity. Equity shares of the face value of Rs 10 each will be issued to the government at the same price.
- The filing said, “The Ministry of Communications passed an order today i.e. February 3, 2023, directing the company to release to the Government of India the NPV of interest relating to spectrum auction installments and AGR dues.” convert into equity shares.
- Payment acceptance devices under PIDF increase to 1.87 crores till Dec 2022
- As per the most recent status report of RBI, around 1.87 crore physical and digital payment acceptance devices were deployed under the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) scheme till December 31, 2022.
- As of September 30, 2021, there were 4,85,415 physical devices (PoS, mPoS (Mobile PoS), GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network), etc.) and 1,82,88,974 digital devices (inter- operable QR code-based payments like UPI QR, Bharat QR, etc.).
- The Reserve Bank will start implementing the PIDF scheme on January 1, 2021, and it will subsidize the setting up of Point of Sale (PoS) infrastructure in Tier-3 to Tier-6 cities as well as in the North Eastern states of the country.
- Dr. Peggy Mohan bags the Mathrubhumi Book of The Year award
- Author Dr. Peggy Mohan has won the Mathrubhumi Book of the Year award at the 4th edition of the Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters (MBIFL 2023).
- His book ‘Wanderers, Kings and Merchants’, which portrays the evolution of language as a result of migration, won the award, which carries a cash prize and two lakh rupees in the form of a statuette. Nobel laureate Abdulrazak Gurnah presented the award to Mohan at the closing ceremony of the four-day MBIFL 2023.
- Grammy Awards 2023 Winners List: All you need to Know 65th Grammy Awards
- The Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles will host the 65th Annual Grammy Awards on February 5, 2023. It awarded the top artists, songs, and recordings from the eligibility year, which spanned from October 1, 2021, to September 30, 2022.
- Nominations were announced on November 15, 2022. The 63rd and 64th ceremonies were presented by South African comedian Trevor Noah, who once again served as host this year.
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar Handed 21-Month Ban After Failing Dope Test
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar has been handed a 21-month ban for failing a dope test conducted by the International Testing Agency.
- Dipa Karmakar’s dope sample collected out-of-competition by the ITA, which is an independent organization that manages the anti-doping program of the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) was found to contain Higenamine which is a prohibited substance under World Anti-doping Agency Code.
- The ITA confirms that Dipa Karmakar has been suspended for 21 months, effective until 10th July 2023 after testing positive for higenamine.
- The positive sample was collected on behalf of the FIG in the scope of an out-of-competition control on 11th October 2021.
- The Switzerland-based non-profit organization works under the supervision of WADA and the International Olympics Committee to implement Anti-doping programs for various international federations.
- The ITA further informed Karmakar’s dope issue was resolved under a case resolution agreement under article 10.8.2 of the FIG Anti-Doping Rules and an equivalent provision in the WADA.
- Kerala wins inaugural champions of National Beach Soccer Championships
- Kerala crowned their huge cabinet of national football trophies with a dominating performance in the final of the National Beach Soccer Championship at Dumas Beach, Surat, beating Punjab 13-4 to lift the title.
- In the third-place game played on the first day, Delhi defeated Uttarakhand 3–1.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2023
- The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is observed on 6 February.
- This year, the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Program on the Elimination of Female Genital Mutilation: Fulfilling the Global Promise 2023 launched the theme; “Partnering with Men and Boys to Change Social and Gender Norms to End FGM”.
- In 2012, the United Nations General Assembly designated 6 February as the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation, with the aim of amplifying and directing efforts to eradicate the practice.
- Padma Bhushan Awardee and Legendary Singer Vani Jayaram Passes Away
- Vani Jayaram, 78, a legendary playback singer from the South film industry passed away. She breathed her last at her Chennai home in Haddows Road, Nungambakkam. The National Awardee recipient died due to age-related issues. On this year’s Republic Day, she was awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan to recognize her contribution to Indian music for over 50 years.
- Vani Jayaram passed away before accepting the award. Along with this, Vani has also bagged four State Awards, three National Awards, International awards, and many more.
- Her untimely demise came as a shock to the entire film industry. Several South celebs took to their social media handle to mourn her demise and pay respect to her.
- Pervez Musharraf, Former Pakistani General & President, Dies in Dubai at 79
- Pakistan’s former president Pervez Musharraf passed away in Dubai at the age of 79 due to a prolonged illness. Musharraf, who was admitted to a hospital in Dubai, was shifted to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC) in Rawalpindi earlier.
- Pervez Musharraf, who was in Dubai since March 2016, was undergoing treatment for amyloidosis. It is a rare disease that occurs when an abnormal protein, called amyloid, builds up in your organs and interferes with their normal function.
- Pervez Musharraf was the tenth president of the South Asian nation after the successful military coup in 1999 and 7th top general from 1998 to 2007.
- Lata Mangeshkar’s 1st Death Anniversary, Sudarsan Pattnaik Pays Tribute
- An international sand artist named Sudarshan Patnaik created a sand sculpture of the late singer Lata Mangeshkar at Puri beach in the state of Odisha to mark her first death anniversary.
- With the words “Tribute to Bharat Ratna Lata ji, my voice is identity”, he created a stunning sculpture. Using around 5 tonnes of sand and a 6-foot-tall sand sculpture of the late singer, which includes a giant gramophone record, Patnaik created it.
- Yaya Tso to be Ladakh’s first biodiversity heritage site
- Yaya Tso, known as the Bird’s Paradise for its beautiful lake situated at an altitude of 4,820 meters, has been proposed as Ladakh’s first Biodiversity Heritage Site (BHS).
- The Biodiversity Management Committee, Panchayat of Chumathang village, along with the Safe Himalayas Project, recently resolved to declare Yaya Tso as the first BHS of Ladakh under the Biological Diversity Act.
- The resolution was signed after several rounds of consultations between the stakeholders of the village and the Secure Himalaya Project to declare the high-altitude lake and its catchment area as a biodiversity heritage site.
- Indian Railways Launches WhatsApp Food Delivery Facility ‘Zoop’
- Passengers traveling in Indian Railways can now order food online through WhatsApp while undertaking a journey by using their PNR number. This comes as a step further towards making e-catering services more customer-centric in Indian Railways.
- The Indian Railways has recently started WhatsApp Communication for railway passengers to order food through e-catering services.
- The Indian Railways initially planned a two-stage implementation of e-catering services through WhatsApp Communication.
- In the first phase, the Business WhatsApp number will send a message to the customer booking e-ticket for opting for e-catering services by clicking the link www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 7 February 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 6 February 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 5 February 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 4 February 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 3 February 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 1 & 2 February 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 31 January 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे