Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable of 23 August 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 23 August 2022 covering the following news headlines: Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Vidya Rath – School on Wheels, International Astronomy & Astrophysics Olympiad, Monkeypox.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 23 August 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Miscellaneous News
- S. Jaishankar Unveils Bust of Mahatma Gandhi in Paraguay
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar unveiled a statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Paraguay and visited the historic Casa de la Independencia, from where the South American country’s independence movement began more than two centuries ago.
- Jaishankar arrived in Brazil on the first leg of his six-day visit to South America aimed at boosting overall bilateral ties with the region. Jaishankar, who is on his first official visit to South America, is also visiting Paraguay and Argentina.
- Rashtriya Puruskar Portal Launched by Union Government
- Union Government has launched Rashtriya Puruskar Portal to bring together all the awards of the various Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of the Government of India.
- The Rashtriya Puruskar Portal will make sure that all the awards are under one platform to ensure transparency and public partnership or Jan Bhagidari.
- The portal allows every citizen and organization to nominate individuals and organizations for various categories of Awards instituted by the Government of India.
- Rashtriya Puruskar Portal is the first of its kind in the history of India to provide information about all awards to the public on a single digital platform. The information includes criteria, selection procedure, and details of past awardees
- Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the ‘Vidya Rath – School on Wheels’ project
- The Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched the project ‘Vidya Rath-School on Wheels’.
- The objective of this project is to provide access to elementary education for a period of 10 months to economically challenged underprivileged children.
- The project was launched at a function held on the premises of the Gauhati High Court in Assam.
- Vidya Rath-School on Wheels will reportedly provide access to elementary education to underprivileged children for 10 months. After 10 months the children will be connected to the traditional education system.
- “All things EV”: HDFC Launches India’s First EV Ecosystem
- HDFC has launched “All Things EV”, India’s first one-stop solution portal for the electric vehicle ecosystem. HDFC EGRO, General Insurance Company, a leading private sector general insurance company, has claimed that “All Things EV”, caters to the needs of existing and potential electric vehicle or EV users.
- The company has also launched a dedicated platform for existing and potential EV ecosystem users as a part of the initiative which also hosts end-to-end information related to the EV sector. This platform welcomes all Indians who have bought EVs or are planning to buy EVs in the future or earn from growing EV sectors.
- FTX Crypto Cup: R Praggnanandhaa defeated world chess champion, Magnus Carlsen
- Indian chess master Rameshbabu Pragyanand has defeated world champion, Magnus Carlsen, at the FTX Crypto Cup in Miami, an international chess championship.
- Pragyananand’s winning run ended in the fifth round at the hands of China’s Kwang Lim Le. They suffered their second loss after losing to Jan-Krzysztof Duda of Poland via a tie-break in the sixth round.
- International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition
- The International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition is an international day observed every year on 23 August. The day was chosen by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to commemorate the transatlantic slave trade.
- This year’s theme is ‘Decolonization’. The fundamental right to self-determination has been identified by the United Nations as the core of decolonization, which allows not only freedom but also other methods of decolonization.
- World Water Week 2022: 23 August to 1 September
- World Water Week 2022 takes place from 23 August to 1 September. World Water Week is an annual event organized by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) since 1991 to address global water issues and concerns related to international development.
- The theme of 2022 World Water Week is: “Seeing the Unseen: The Value of Water”, which helps us look at water in new and engaging ways.
- Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi passes away
- Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi has passed away. He served as the Governor of Jharkhand from the year 2004-2009. He was associated with Congress. He was a member of the Rajya Sabha thrice.
- Later he was made the governor of Jharkhand and Assam. Razi, who was associated with the Congress, was born in Rae Bareli, a Congress stronghold in Uttar Pradesh. Born on 7 March 1939, he joined Shia College after completing 10th from Hussainabad Higher Secondary School, Rae Bareli.
- Former Olympic football captain Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee passes away
- Former Indian football team captain Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee, who led the country to a historic fourth place in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, has passed away recently. He was 92 years old. He was awarded the Mohun Bagan Ratna in 2009.
- Banerjee also won the Santosh Trophy twice as a player in 1953 and 1955 and once as a coach in 1962. The Government of West Bengal honored Badru Banerjee with the Lifetime Achievement Award in Sports in 2017.
- UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List: India nominated Garba
- India has nominated the Indian dance form Garba to be inscribed on UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritage list. Last year, Durga Puja was included in UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritage list and for 2022, India has nominated ‘Garba’. The next UNESCO meeting will be held in November.
- In July, India was elected by UNESCO to serve on the distinguished intergovernmental Committee of the 2003 Convention for the safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. A total of 14 elements from India are inscribed on UNESCO’S list of Intangible Cultural Heritage and Humanity. These elements include music, dance, theatre, festivals, rituals, and storytelling.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 23 August 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- GK Current Affairs viable of 22 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 21 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 20 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 19 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 18 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 17 August 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे