Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 19 August 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 19 August 2022 covering the following news headlines: World Humanitarian Day, World Photography Day, FIBA U-18 women’s Championship, Vistara, Tata Consultancy Services, Axis Bank.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 19 August 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Bankings News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- United Kingdom(U.K) Inflation Rises To 10.1%, A 20-Year High
- Britain’s annual inflation rate has touched double digits, climbing to 10.1% in July from a year earlier – the fastest increase since 1982. The US And consumer prices are rising even faster in the UK than in Europe, driven by higher food and energy costs.
- This increase was mainly due to rising prices of food and staples, including toilet paper and toothbrushes. Core inflation, which fluctuated in July, offset a 6.2% increase in food and energy prices.
- Scotland becomes the first nation to make period products available to everyone
- Local governments in Scotland are now required by Scottish law to offer free sanitary products (period products) such as tampons and pads to those who need them. As the Period Products Act takes effect in Scotland, goods will be supplied through councils and educational institutions.
- The Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Bill was unanimously approved by the MSP in November 2020. Labor MSP Monica Lennon, who has been working to end period poverty since 2016, introduced the bill.
- ‘Yamuna Par Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ organized by NMCG
- The Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, and National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) organized “Azadi Mahotsav on the Yamuna” at Water Sports Club in New Delhi.
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presided over the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi on Yamuna. On this occasion, BSF members gave a guard of honor to Shekhawat. He also unfurled the national flag tricolor on the Yamuna on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence.
- Goa, the first state in India to receive the “Har Ghar Jal” certification
- People from all the villages of Goa and Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (D&NH and D&D) declared their village as “Har Ghar Jal” through a resolution passed by the Gram Sabha, certifying that All households in the villages have access to safe drinking water through taps and ensure that “no one is left behind.“
- All 85,156 of the 85,635,000 rural households in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, and Goa have access to potable water through a tap connection with Har Ghar Jal.
- The Country’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai
- Union Transport Minister, Nitin Gadkari has launched India’s first electric double-decker bus at YB Centre in south Mumbai. The name of the bus is “Switch EiV 22”, the double-decker bus will be run by the Mumbai civic transport body from September.
- Nitin Gadkari said 35 percent of the pollution is because of diesel and petrol, and the introduction of these buses will reduce pollution. Two new electric buses, including the first air-conditioned double-decker bus in the country, will join the fleet of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST).
- “Dahi-Handi” Recognised as an Official Sport of Maharashtra
- Chief Minister Eknath Shinde announced that ‘Dahi-Handi’ will be recognized as an official sport in Maharashtra. The state is all set to organize a ‘Pro- Dahi Handi’ concluding day.
- The Maharashtra government also announced that Govinda will get a job under the sports category and a life cover of Rs 10 lakh will be given if Govinda loses his life insurance, along with Rs 5 lakh if he is partially disabled. Insurance will be given. Maharashtra Government.
- BRO to build First Steel Slag Road in Arunachal Pradesh
- The Border Road Organization (BRO) will build Steel Slag Road in Arunachal Pradesh based on the Pilot project. The Steel Slag Road is the first of its kind Project which aims to make durable roadways that can withstand heavy rain and adverse climatic conditions.
- Arunachal Pradesh has some treacherous areas and locations which suffer from heavy rain and adverse climatic conditions, the Steel Slag Road project will help to resolve the connection between the help centers and the affected areas.
- TCS partnership with the five-star bank to offer hyper-personalized customer experience
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has partnered with a subsidiary of Financial Institutions, Inc. ‘Five Star Bank’ on its digital transformation journey. This partnership enables it to determine lending risk and deliver hyper-personalized customer experiences using the TCS Customer Intelligence & Insights (CI&I) analytics platform.
- TCS will leverage the AI-powered CI&I platform’s real-time contextual engagement capabilities to help the bank gain insights to avoid attrition blind spots and drive omnichannel customer personalization.
- Goodfellows, a senior-focused startup launched by Ratan Tata
- Ratan Tata, a pioneer in the field, unveiled Goodfellows, a firm that offers senior folks companionship services. Ratan Tata, the Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, provided seed money for the platform in an unknown amount.
- Goodfellows completed a successful beta test over the past six months, and the service is now available in Mumbai. Pune, Chennai, and Bangalore are the next target cities.
- Over 800 young graduates applied to work at Goodfellows during the beta testing phase, and 20 of those candidates were chosen to provide companionship to the elderly in Mumbai, according to the company.
- Bengaluru to host FIBA U-18 women’s Asian Basketball Championship
- Bengaluru will host the FIBA U-18 Women’s Asian Basketball Championship starting on September 5.
- According to Karnataka Sports and Youth Empowerment Minister Dr. Narayana Gowda, Bengaluru will host the FIBA U-18 Women’s Asian Basketball Championship from September 5 to 11.
- The Minister, Dr. Narayan Gowda presented sports equipment to the Indian men’s team traveling to Iran to compete in the FIBA U-18 Men’s Basketball Championship during the press conference.
- World Humanitarian Day observed on the 19th of August
- World Humanitarian Day is celebrated on August 19 every year to recognize all aid and health workers who volunteer to help victims of disasters and crises against all odds. The day aims to spread awareness about the need for humanitarian assistance worldwide.
- The UN hopes that the day will serve as a reminder to people of the risk taken by some to save lives and support humanitarian causes.
- The 2022 campaign, according to the United Nations, shines a light on “thousands of volunteers, professionals and crisis-affected people who deliver urgent health care, shelter, food, protection, water and much more.”
- World Photography Day celebrates on the 19th of August
- World Photography Day is celebrated every year on 19 August. World Photography Day aims to create awareness, share ideas and encourage people to take up photography.
- The annual festival pays tribute to the art of photography and also encourages those who love it to come together and share their work. It also serves as a motivational day for the enthusiasts to take up photography as a career.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 19 August 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- GK Current Affairs viable of 18 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 17 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 16 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 15 August 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 14 August 2022
- Daily GK Current Affairs viable of 13 August 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे