Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 16 March 2023. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 16 March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Atal Innovation Mission, AAHAR 2023, US Ambassador to India, Kermadec Island, India’s retail inflation.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 16 March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- State News
- Business News
- Sports Days
- Banking News
- Obituaries News
- An earthquake of magnitude 7.1 strikes New Zealand’s Kermadec Island
- The US Geological Survey (USGS) said a magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck the Kermadec Islands region of New Zealand.
- The earthquake was estimated at a depth of 10 km (6.21 mi). After this earthquake, the US Tsunami Warning System issued a tsunami warning.
- Reports in the New Zealand media are suggesting the release of relevant rescue measures to prevent further accidents.
- Eric Garcetti appointed as US Ambassador to India
- US Senate Committee has announced the appointment of Eric Garcetti as the new US Ambassador to India.
- Garcetti’s appointment has been pending until now, despite being nominated by President Joe Biden nearly two years ago.
- Eric Garcetti served four consecutive terms as President of the City Council of Los Angeles and is known to be a close acquaintance of President Biden. He has also emerged as a leader within the Democratic Party.
- However, Garcetti’s tenure as mayor of Los Angeles lasted nine years and was not without controversy. In 2020, a controversial incident occurred while he was in office.
- Atal Innovation Mission launches ATL Sarthi
- Atal Innovation Mission is setting up Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) in schools across India to foster curiosity, creativity, and imagination in young minds; and develop skills such as Design Thinking Mindset, Computational Thinking, Adaptive Learning, Physical Computing, etc. To date, AIM has funded 10,000 schools to set up Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs).
- AIM is continuously strengthening this ecosystem by developing tools and frameworks to enhance the performance of ATL and achieve the desired objectives. ATL Sarathi is one such initiative in this direction. As the name suggests, Sarathi is the charioteer and ATL Sarathi will be able to make ATL efficient and effective.
- AAHAR 2023: Asia’s biggest International Food and Hospitality Fair begins in Delhi
- The objective of Aahar 2023, which was put together with the help of the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries, the Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), and other organizations, is to showcase the hospitality industry’s potential and showcase technologies, goods, and services to both domestic and foreign consumers.
- The greatest four-day culinary event in India is called Aahar 2023, where wholesalers, caterers, hoteliers, and restaurant owners gather to source the best food, hospitality, and equipment as well as to assess industry trends.
- At the fair’s major event, Culinary Art India, WACS-certified jury members from India and overseas will also assess the skill of more than 500 cooks.
- Uttarakhand govt approves 10 % horizontal reservation for statehood activists
- The decision on reservation for separate state workers assumes significance as the governor had earlier returned a bill that provided 10 percent reservation to state workers. The workers of the state are not getting the benefit of reservation in government jobs for the last 12 years.
- Uttarakhand government has approved 10% horizontal reservation for state pracharaks in state government posts. This decision was taken during the cabinet meeting held at Bharadisain under the direction of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami.
- Microsoft inks licensing deal with cloud gaming provider Boosteroid
- Microsoft has struck a deal to make Xbox PC video games available on the Boosteroid cloud gaming platform, its latest move to appease antitrust regulators probing its purchase of game maker Activision Blizzard.
- The US tech giant said the 10-year deal would also include Activision Blizzard titles like the popular Call of Duty franchise, if or when the acquisition is approved.
- Microsoft aims to boost its firepower against leaders Tencent and Sony in the niche video gaming market, and lay the groundwork for its investment in the metaverse.
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino re-elected for another term
- Gianni Infantino was re-elected as FIFA president until 2027 by acclamation, after highlighting his strong financial performance as a reason for keeping a CEO in their position for life.
- The decision was made by the congress of 211 member federations, who have seen their annual funding from FIFA increase from $250,000 to $2 million since Infantino’s first win in 2016.
- Following the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, FIFA now has $4 billion in reserves, and it conservatively predicts a record revenue of at least $11 billion from the 2026 men’s World Cup, which will be hosted in North America.
- RCB ropes in Equitas Small Finance Bank as banking partner for IPL 2023
- The news is about the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) partnering with Equitas Small Finance Bank as their banking partner for the IPL 2023 season.
- This partnership means that Equitas Small Finance Bank will provide a range of banking services to RCB, including salary accounts, foreign exchange, and other related financial services.
- Suryodaya Small Finance Bank launched Blossom Women’s Savings Account
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank announced the launch of the ‘Blossom Mahila Savings Account’ with an interest rate of 7 percent per annum with monthly interest credit.
- In addition, a specially designed RuPay Platinum Debit Card offering discounts on purchases and online purchases will also be available with the account, Suryoday Small Finance Bank said.
- The new Mahila Savings Account can be operated through the bank’s 571 banking outlets and digital banking platform.
- Banks from 18 countries get RBI’s nod to trade in rupee: Centre in RS
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has permitted banks from 18 countries to open Special Vostro Rupee Accounts (SVRAs) to settle payments in rupees, the government said.
- Speaking in Rajya Sabha, Union Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad said that 60 such approvals have been given by the RBI.
- These 18 nations include Botswana, Fiji, Germany, Guyana, Israel, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, New Zealand, Oman, Russia, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, and the United Kingdom.
- Actor Sameer Khakhar who played the role of Khopdi in ‘Nukkad’ passes away
- Veteran actor Sameer Khakhar, who has worked in theatre, television, and films, has passed away. He is best remembered for his character of “Khopdi” in the popular TV series “Nukkad”.
- Sameer Khakhar’s career has spanned various genres of entertainment, but his performance as Khopdi was particularly notable, earning him recognition and appreciation from audiences.
- His demise is a loss to the industry and those who appreciate his talent as a versatile artiste.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 16 March 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs Viable Of 15 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 14 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 13 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 12 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 11 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 10 March 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे