Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 17 March 2023. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 17 March 2023 covering the following news headlines: “AgriUnifest” in Bengaluru, Indian Railways, Bhutan’s graduation, India’s GDP growth, RBI, Central Bank of UAE.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 17 March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Important News
- Business News
- Awards Days
- Banking News
- Bhutan’s graduation from the UN list of Least Developed Countries
- Recently, at the United Nations Least Developed Countries (LDC) Summit that concluded on March 9 in Doha, Qatar, the landlocked Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan will no longer be on the list of LDCs and will become only the seventh country to graduate from the list.
- Bhutan was included in the first group of LDCs in 1971. However, over the last few decades, it has made remarkable progress on a variety of socio-economic metrics.
- Bhutan first fulfilled the requirements for graduation in 2015, and then again in 2018. Bhutan was therefore scheduled to graduate in 2021.
- However, the UN viewed Bhutan’s request to match the effective graduation date with the conclusion of the nation’s 12th national development plan in 2023 as a legitimate request and thus postponed the delisting.
- Indian Railways to become Net Zero Carbon Emitter by 2030
- Indian Railways has set a target of becoming a ‘net-zero carbon emitter’ by 2030, Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
- The railways plan to achieve this ambitious target in two phases: a complete transition to electric trains by December 2023 and powering trains and stations primarily through non-renewable sources by 2030.
- Narender Singh Tomar inaugurates “AgriUnifest” in Bengaluru
- On 15 March 2023, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated “Agriunifest” in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- It is a 5-day cultural event organized by the Bangalore Agricultural University in association with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- More than 2500 students from 60 State Universities/Central Universities have participated.
- Polio Ravivar 2023: Celebrating National Vaccination Day in India
- In India, National Immunization Day, also known as “Polio Sunday”, is observed on 16 March each year to raise awareness and promote vaccination against polio.
- National Immunization Day is an annual event celebrated in various countries to promote immunization and increase public knowledge about its importance.
- The significance of Indian National Immunization Day, also known as “Polio Sunday”, lies in its role in promoting vaccination and eradicating polio in India.
- World Sleep Day 2023 Observed on March 17th
- World Sleep Day is an annual event observed on the Friday before the Spring Vernal Equinox to raise awareness about the significance of sleep.
- This year, it falls on March 17, 2023. The day aims to reduce the burden of sleep disorders on society by promoting better prevention and management.
- The World Sleep Committee of the World Sleep Society, founded by the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) and World Sleep Federation (WSF), organizes this day.
- The World Sleep Society has announced this year’s Sleep Day theme as ‘Sleep is Essential for Health’.
- BIS Launches ‘Learning Science via Standards’ Initiative to Benefit Students
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has launched the “Learning Science via Standards” initiative to promote science learning among school students.
- The program aims to improve student learning outcomes in science and foster interest in science education by providing them access to national and international standards related to science.
- The initiative is part of BIS’s efforts to improve the quality of education in India and supports the government’s efforts to make India a global leader in science and technology.
- ‘Learning Science Via Standards’ initiative for students, which focuses on providing lesson plans related to products used in daily life.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das Named ‘Governor of the Year by Central Banking
- Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das has been awarded the title of “Governor of the Year” for 2023 by the international economic research journal Central Banking.
- The publication praised Das for his steady leadership during challenging times including the collapse of a key non-banking company, the initial and second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, and inflationary pressures caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- This is the second time that an Indian central bank governor has received the award, Raghuram Rajan being the previous recipient in 2015.
- IDFC FIRST Bank Partners with Mumbai Indians as Official Banking Partner
- IDFC First Bank, a private sector bank in India, has become the official banking partner of Mumbai Indians, the franchise cricket team that competes in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- As the official banking partner, IDFC First Bank will provide Mumbai Indians and its players with a range of financial products and services including banking solutions, credit cards, and digital banking services.
- National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approves HDFC and HDFC Bank merger
- On 17 March, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approved the merger of HDFC Limited and HDFC Bank, which is touted to be the biggest merger in the history of corporate India.
- The merger will create a mega banking entity combining India’s largest housing finance company with the country’s largest private lender.
- Earlier, HDFC Ltd had already received approvals from various regulatory bodies and stock exchanges for the merger. Shares of both companies were trading higher on BSE during late trade.
- RBI, Central Bank of UAE sign MoU to promote innovation in financial products and services
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on March 15 said that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates for promoting innovation in financial products and services.
- Both central banks will collaborate on various emerging areas of FinTech, especially Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), and explore interoperability between the CBDCs of UAE’s central bank and the RBI.
- Central Bank of UAE and RBI will jointly conduct proof-of-concept (PoC) and pilot(s) of bilateral CBDC bridge to facilitate cross-border CBDC transactions of remittances and trade.
- Canara Bank introduces Rupay Credit Card on UPI
- To leverage the power of UPI’s reach and credit card products, Canara Bank in association with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched RuPay Credit Card through UPI using BHIM app.
- This integration allows customers to link their RuPay credit card with UPI and perform merchant transactions without the need for a physical card, similar to account-based transactions of UPI.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 17 March 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs Viable Of 16 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 15 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 14 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 13 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 12 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 11 March 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे