Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable on 21 March 2023. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 21 March 2023 covering the following news headlines: Crisis-hit Credit Suisse, Racial Discrimination, Nowruz Day.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important information held all day. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 21 March 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- Business News
- Important News
- Awards Days
- UBS agrees to buy crisis-hit Credit Suisse for $3.2 billion in historic deal
- To prevent further turmoil in the global banking system, Swiss authorities have arranged a shotgun merger between UBS and Credit Suisse, with UBS agreeing to buy its rival for 3 billion Swiss francs ($3.23 billion) and Projecting losses of up to $5.4 billion.
- The regulators’ intervention was prompted by concerns that a crisis of confidence in Credit Suisse could have cascading effects on the financial system.
- The deal is expected to be completed by the end of 2023.
- International Nowruz Day 2023: 21 March 2023
- March 21, 2023, is celebrated as International Navroz Day 2023.
- Every year on March 21, International Nowruz Day is a much-anticipated global New Year’s festival that marks the spring equinox, ushering in the season of rebirth and renewal of nature.
- About 300 million people around the world celebrate the international holiday that the United Nations declared on March 21, also known as “Nauryz,” “Nowroz,” or “Nowroz,” which translates to “New Day”. ” and has a history of at least 3,000 years.
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- On October 26, 1966, the United Nations General Assembly passed resolution 2142 (XXI) designating March 21 as the International Day for Eliminating Racial Discrimination.
- The day was chosen because, in 1960, 69 peaceful protesters were killed by police while demonstrating against apartheid “pass laws” in Sharpeville, South Africa.
- By establishing this day of commemoration, the General Assembly urged the global community to intensify its efforts to eradicate all forms of racial discrimination, particularly as it relates to the struggle against apartheid in South Africa.
- World Down Syndrome Day: 21 March
- March 21 is observed as World Down Syndrome Day worldwide, aiming to increase public awareness and show support for individuals living with this genetic condition.
- The United Nations chose this date to highlight the link between Down syndrome and the triplication (trisomy) of the 21st chromosome, which makes it unique.
- The day serves as an opportunity to educate and raise awareness about Down syndrome.
- This year’s World Down Syndrome Day theme is ‘With Us, Not For Us’, emphasizing that people with disabilities should be treated equally and have access to the same opportunities as others.
- The theme conveys the message that individuals with Down syndrome have the right to be treated fairly and included in society, rather than just being assisted by others.
- World Poetry Day 2023: History and Significance
- March 21, 2023, is celebrated as World Poetry Day 2023.
- Every year on March 21, people around the world celebrate World Poetry Day to honor the expression of language with which they can all identify.
- Every country has poetry in its past, which unites people through shared humanity and values.
- Even the simplest of poems can spark conversation.
- International Day of Forests: 21 March
- March 21 is observed as International Day of Forests or World Forestry Day across the world to raise awareness about the importance of forests, woodlands, and trees in our lives.
- It is important to understand the value, importance, and contribution of forests to balance the life cycle on earth.
- Issues like deforestation are also addressed on this day.
- The 2023 International Day of Forests has adopted the theme of “Forests and Health” to emphasize the interdependence between the existence of forests and our well-being.
- Forests play an important role in maintaining the existence of all living beings including humans.
- Indian Industrialist Shri Ratan Tata was appointed to the ‘Order of Australia’ for distinguished service
- Ratan Tata, an Indian industrialist, and philanthropist have been named an Honorary Officer in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AO) for his outstanding contribution to Australia-India bilateral relations, particularly in the areas of trade, investment, and philanthropy.
- The announcement was made by the Governor-General of Australia after a recommendation by Barry O’Farrell, Australia’s High Commissioner to India.
- Ratan Tata, who is the Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons and former Chairman of the Tata Group, is considered one of the wealthiest entrepreneurs worldwide, with a net worth of over $1 billion as of 2022.
- India & Sri Lanka inaugurated the exhibition ‘Geoffrey Bawa’ in New Delhi
- India’s External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar, inaugurated the “Geoffrey Bawa:
- It is Essential To Be There” exhibition at the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi.
- The exhibition, which is a joint collaboration between the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi, the High Commission of Sri Lanka in New Delhi, and the Geoffrey Bawa Trust, showcases the architectural works of Sri Lanka’s renowned architect, the late Geoffrey Bawa.
- Indian-American to receive National Humanities medal from Joe Biden
- The White House has announced that US President Joe Biden will present the 2021 National Humanities Medal to several recipients, including Indian-American actress, comedian, and writer Mindy Kaling, also known as Vera Mindy Chockalingam.
- The National Medal of Arts is the most prestigious award given by the US government to artists, arts advocates, and organizations.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 21 March 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs Viable Of 20 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 19 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 18 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 17 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 16 March 2023
- Current Affairs Viable Of 15 March 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे