Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable as of 31 January 2023. – Here is the Regular current affairs viable of 31 January 2023 covering the following news headlines: Hockey World Cup 2023, ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup, Australian Open 2023.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of critical news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge of banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 31 January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Miscellaneous News
- Petr Pavel, Former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Became the President of the Czech Republic
- Petr Pavel, former chairman of the Military Committee of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), has become the new President of the Czech Republic. Pavel, 61, emerged as the new Czech president after he beat billionaire Andrej Babis in a run-off vote to replace controversial President Milos Zeman. Pavel, a former military general, received more than 58 percent of the vote, according to the Czech statistics office.
- As none of the eight initial candidates received an absolute majority in the first round of voting two weeks ago, the election was decided in a second-round run-off between Pavel and Babis. Pavel, a former paratrooper, won 58.3 percent of votes while Andrej Babis scored 41.7 percent.
- The 61-year-old Pavel will in March replace President Milos Zeman, an outspoken and divisive politician who fostered close ties with Moscow before making a U-turn when Russia invaded Ukraine last year.
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal Inaugurates National Logistics Portal
- The Minister for Ports, Shipping, and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the National Logistics Portal (Maritime) in New Delhi. It is a one-stop platform that aims to connect all stakeholders of the logistics community using IT.
- National Logistics Portal (Maritime) (NLP) is a project of national importance. It will improve efficiency and transparency by reducing costs and boosting the growth of the logistics sector.
- The National Logistics Portal will be a single window for all business processes in the logistics sector spread across the country, encompassing all modes of transport in waterways, roadways, and airways, to provide seamless end-to-end logistics service coverage.
- India’s First Green Solar Panel Factory to Build by Luminous in Uttarakhand
- Luminous Power Technologies revealed that it has planned to build India’s first green energy-based solar panel manufacturing plant in Uttarakhand which will be operational by the end of this year. The location of the new India’s first green energy-based solar panel is Rudrapur which will be equipped with the latest technology to design and produce high-quality solar panels that will be used for both residential and commercial applications.
- Once India’s first green energy-based solar panel will be operational, the facility, spread across 4.5 lakh square feet per 10 acres will help enable a solar production capacity of 500 MW per annum.
- It is expandable up to 1 GW, producing a range of solar panels with a power output of 40W to 600W. Luminous would establish its first solar panel facility with this factory’s commencement.
- Coal India Ltd to Launch M-Sand Projects in Broader Schemes
- Coal India Limited (CIL) envisages processing overburdened rocks for sand production in mines where fractured rock or overburden (OB) material comprises about 60 percent sandstone by volume which is required for crushing and overburden. Tapping is done through processing. During opencast mining, the top soil and rocks are removed as waste for coal extraction and the OB is piled in dumps.
- Most waste is disposed of at the surface which occupies a considerable land area and extensive planning and controls are required to reduce the environmental impact of mining.
- Sand is classified as a ‘minor mineral’. State governments have administrative control over minor minerals and are regulated through state-specific rules.
- Due to high demand, regulated supply, and a complete ban on sand mining during monsoon to protect the river’s ecosystem, it became necessary to find an alternative to river sand.
- Hockey World Cup 2023: Germany beat Belgium 5-4 in the finals
- Germany defeated Belgium 5-4 in the penalty shootout to win the FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India. The scores were level at the end of regulation time at 3–3.
- This is Germany’s third Hockey World Cup title after winning it in 2002 and 2006. With this, they are on par with Netherlands and Australia. Germany also became the fourth team to win a World Cup final after coming from behind. From a 2–0 deficit to a 3–2 lead and eventually a shootout, they eventually became champions.
- ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup: India beat England to win the inaugural Women’s U19 T20 World Cup
- India beat England in the first-ever ICC U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup final in Potchefstroom, South Africa. India bowled out England for a paltry 68 and won by 7 wkts. This is the first ICC trophy India has won in women’s cricket.
- The Indian women’s cricket team has never won a World Cup at any level. The seniors reached the World Cup final on three occasions across formats but failed to go the distance. Bowling first, India cleaned up the English side for mere 68 runs in 17.1 overs.
- England captain and stellar all-rounder Grace Scrivens has been named Player of the Tournament after a run of outstanding performances with bat and ball.
- Titas Sadhu of India poses after being named Player of the Match following the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup 2023 Final match.
- Khadi Fest-23 Inaugurated in Mumbai
- Shri Manoj Kumar, Chairman, of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) inaugurated the month-long Khadi Utsav- 23 in Mumbai.
- The Khadi festival will continue till 24 February 2023 at the KVIC Headquarters in Vile Parle.
- Garments made of Khadi, Pashmina, Kalamkari, Phulkari, Tussar silk, etc. will be displayed while dry fruits, tea, coffee, honey, bamboo products, carpets, aloe vera products, and others will be available for sale.
- India Observes 158th Birth Anniversary of Freedom Fighter Lala Lajpat Rai
- The nation observes the 158th birth anniversary of the freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai, popularly known as Punjab Kesari. Lala Lajpat Rai was born on 28th January 1865 to his maternal grandparents in Dhudike. On the occasion of the 158th birth anniversary of the freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai, the cabinet minister announced a grant of Rs 12 lakh on the demand of the villagers.
- Lala Lajpat Rai has made a huge contribution to the struggle for the independence of the nation. He was also known as the leader of the Swadeshi movement.
- Lala Lajpat Rai is an Indian writer and politician. He was born on 28th January 1865 and died on 17th November 1928. He is popularly known as ‘Punjab Kesari’ and played a pivotal role in the Indian Independence movement. People also called him ‘Punjab da Sher’ which means ‘Lion of Punjab’.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 31 January 2023 Please Like and Share it.
- Current Affairs viable of 30 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 29 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 28 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 27 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 26 January 2023
- Current Affairs viable of 25 January 2023
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे