Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable for 17 September 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 17 September 2022 covering the following news headlines: World Patient Safety Day, Federal Bank, Global Crypto Adoption Index, Election Commission of India, Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav, African cheetahs.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete box of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 17 September 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- Business News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- Obituaries News
- Joao Lourenco Re-elected as President of Angola
- The National Electoral Commission announced Joo Lourenço as President with 51% of the votes. President Joo Lourenço is a member of the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA) and was re-elected as the President of Angola.
- The election results extended the hegemony of the MPLA, the only party that has ruled Angola since its independence from Portugal in 1975.
- The legislator garnered over 3.16 million votes, which would allow him 124 of the National Assembly’s 200 seats.
- 25-year-old climate activist Vanessa Nakate appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has appointed 25-year-old Ugandan climate activist Vanessa Nakate as the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Goodwill Ambassador. In recognition of his association with the organization and his outstanding global advocacy for climate justice for present and future generations.
- Globally, the world’s 2.2 billion children live in one of 33 countries classified as “extremely high risk” of the effects of climate change by UNICEF’s Children’s Climate Risk Index. According to UNICEF, the top 10 countries are all in Africa.
- Kyrgyzstan Reports Heavy Fighting With Tajikistan
- Kyrgyzstan reported “intense battles” with Central Asian neighbor Tajikistan and said 24 people had been killed in the latest outbreak of violence to hit the former Soviet Union. Both the small impoverished landlocked nations have accused each other of restarting fighting in a disputed area, despite a ceasefire deal.
- In a statement, the Kyrgyz border service said its forces were continuing to repel Tajik attacks. Kyrgyzstan reported fighting in its southern Batken province which borders Tajikistan’s northern Sughd region and features a Tajik exclave, Vorukh.
- The same area is famous for its jigsaw-puzzle political and ethnic geography and became the site of similar hostilities last year, also nearly leading to a war. Clashes over the poorly demarcated border are frequent but usually de-escalate quickly.
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched a 15-day blood donation campaign on the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday. The blood donation campaign is known as ‘Raktadan Amrit Mahotsav’ which will continue till 1st October 2022 which is National Voluntary Blood Donation Day.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya urged people to participate in the blood donation campaign and donate blood to save lives. Citizens can register themselves on the Aarogya Setu app or e-Raktkosh portal to donate blood as part of ‘Raktdan Amrit Mahotsav’.
- India To Be Home to Cheetahs After 70 Years
- Eight African cheetahs are all set to move from Namibia into their new habitat at the Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh, on September 17, on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday.
- The PM is expected to release the five female and three male cheetahs into the Park’s quarantine enclosures on Friday as part of his efforts to revitalize and diversify the country’s wildlife and habitat, his office has said. The last cheetah in India died in 1947 in the Korea district in present-day Chhattisgarh, which was an earlier part of Madhya Pradesh, and the species was declared extinct from India in 1952.
- According to reports, the cheetah has lost 90 percent of its global habitat in the last 100 years. In addition, in many of the 31 populations of the cheetah, only 100-200 are left with their habitat consistently deteriorating.
- The ‘African Cheetah Introduction Project in India‘ was conceived in 2009, with a plan to introduce the big cat by November last year in Kuno National Park, but it suffered a setback due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Air India Unveiled Transformation Plan Vihaan.AI
- Tata Group-owned airline Air India unveiled a comprehensive Vihaan.AI to establish itself as a world-class global airline of Indian origin.
- The scheme aims to focus on developing both our network and fleet, improving our customer proposition, increasing reliability and on-time performance, taking a leadership role in technology, sustainability, and innovation, and investing in the best talent in the airline industry.
- In the coming five years, Air India will strive to increase its market share in the domestic market to at least 30%.
- It aims to significantly increase international routes from the current market share.
- The immediate focus of the airline is to fix the fundamentals and prepare itself for growth.
- 15-year-old Pranav Anand becomes India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster
- 15-year-old Pranav Anand from Bengaluru, Karnataka became India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster (GM) after his victory against Armenia’s International Master (IM) Emin Ohanian.
- He got the title after crossing 2,500 Elo points at the ongoing World Youth Chess Championship in Mamaia, Romania. A month before Pranav Anand became India’s 76th GM, Venkatesh became India’s 75th Grandmaster.
- To qualify for the GM title, a player must secure 3 GM criteria covering 27 games and pass a live rating of 2,500 Elo Points. Pranav Anand needs to cross the live rating of 2,500 which he did in the final round of the World Youth Under 16 Open 2022.
- World Patient Safety Day observed on 17 September
- World Patient Safety Day is observed every year on 17 September to create awareness about the various safety measures to be taken to ensure patient safety. The day focuses on preventing and mitigating the risks, errors, and harms faced by patients.
- In modern society, it is important to understand the implications of careless patient care and work towards modern standards regarding patient care.
- Every year, World Patient Safety Day is celebrated under a specific theme. This year, the theme of World Patient Safety Day 2022 is ‘Learn, Check and Ask’ with the slogan ‘Drug Safety’ as well as ‘Medicine without harm’.
- Former Tennis Legend captain Naresh Kumar passes away
- Former Indian tennis player and Davis Cup captain, Naresh Kumar passed away recently at the age of 93. He was born on December 22, 1928 in Lahore, Naresh Kumar became a big name in Indian tennis after independence.
- He made headlines in 1949 by reaching the final of the Northern Championship (later known as the Manchester Open) in England.
Hope you Like this Current Affairs News 17 September 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- GK Current Affairs of 16 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 15 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 14 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 13 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 11 & 12 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 10 September 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे