Daily GK Current Affairs News is viable as of 16 September 2022. – Here are the Regular current affairs viable of 16 September 2022 covering the following news headlines: World Ozone Day, ICC Player of the month award, Roger Federer, SAFF U-17 Championship Title, Kantar BrandZ India, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
Daily Current Affairs updates are incorporated with the critical news that made the current affairs headlines for competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs Update is the complete essential box of news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc.
So, here is the GK update of 16 September 2022 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt the current affairs quiz.
Here current affairs have been categorized which is as follows
- International News
- National News
- States News
- Banking News
- Sports News
- Important Days
- PM Modi In Samarkand, Will Meet President Xi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived here to attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit, which is set to deliberate on regional security challenges to boost trade and energy supply, among other issues. The SCO is holding its first in-person summit after two years in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping will also participate in the summit. Modi is also expected to hold bilateral meetings on the summit’s sidelines, with leaders including Putin, and Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev among others.
- India’s First Forest University to be Established in Telangana
- India is going to have its first Forest University. The Forestry Universities (UoF) Act 2022 was approved by the Telangana Assembly.
- The University of Forestry (UoF), will be the first of its kind in India. Globally, it will be the third University of Forestry after Russia and China. The Telangana government has decided to expand the Forestry College and Research Institute (FCRI) in Hyderabad. The FCRI will be turned into a full-fledged University.
- The University will also network and partner with similar institutions to create synergies in learning.
- The University will promote action research by providing comprehensive training to farmers.
- The objectives of the University will be to produce quality forestry professionals for conservation and sustainable management of forest resources and to promote research and develop appropriate methods for propagation of plantation crops to meet the demand of industries.
- Jharkhand becomes the 3rd state to have Food Security Atlas
- Jharkhand has become the third state in eastern India after Bihar and Odisha to have a food security atlas for rural areas.
- Odisha and Bihar launched their atlas in 2018. The Food Security Atlas of Rural Jharkhand 2022 was launched in Ranchi. Jharkhand Finance Minister Dr. Rameshwar Oraon assured that the government would make efforts towards giving quota and green cards to the food insecure districts of Jharkhand.
- This atlas is an effort toward mapping the status of food security in the state. It has been developed by the Delhi-based Institute for Human Development (IHD) under a research initiative of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai.
- Jharkhand ups reservations for SC, ST, and others to 77%
- Jharkhand government agreed to a proposal to provide 77 percent reservation in state government jobs for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, and OBCs and Economically Weaker Sections.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren increased the OBC reservation to 27 percent from 14 percent earlier. The Jharkhand government also accepted the proposal to use the 1932 land records for determining the local residents.
- The decision to grant reservation was taken in the backdrop of the demand of the tribals that the last land survey was conducted by the British Government in 1932.
- The development comes amid a political crisis in Jharkhand over threats to disqualify Chief Minister Hemant Soren as an MLA.
- SBI Raises Benchmark Lending Rate By 0.7%
- The country’s largest lender, the State Bank of India (SBI), raised the benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR) by 70 basis points (or 0.7 percent) to 13.45 percent. With this announcement, repayment of loans linked to BPLR will become costlier. The current BPLR rate is 12.75 percent. It was last revised in June.
- The bank has also increased the base rate by equal basis points to 8.7 percent. The EMI amount of borrowers taking loans at the base rate will increase. These are the old benchmarks on which banks used to lend.
- Now, most banks offer loans at External Benchmark Based Lending Rate (EBLR) or Repo-Linked Lending Rate (RLLR). The bank revises both the BPLR and the Base Rate on a quarterly basis.
- Sikandar Raza and Tahlia McGrath were named as ICC Player of the month award for August 2022
- Zimbabwe all-rounder Sikandar Raza and Australian all-rounder Tahlia McGrath have been declared the winners of the ICC Player of the Month Award for August 2022 in their respective categories.
- Raza has become the first Zimbabwean international to receive the honor and has been instrumental for Zimbabwe during the month. Meanwhile, McGraw has also been an important part of the Australian team’s journey during August.
- India beats Nepal 4-0 in the SAFF U-17 Championship Title finals
- In the SAFF U-17 Championship Title, India beats Nepal 4-0 in the finals. The SAFF U-17 Championship final was held in Racecourse International Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka. In the group league, India defeated Nepal 3-1, however, in the finals, India took the opportunity and defeated Nepal with a leading charge.
- Boby Singh, Korou Singh, Vanlalpeka Guite (Captain), and Aman scored a goal each.
- Indian women’s football team was, however, defeated by Bangladesh in the third match of the SAFF Women’s Championship.
- Roger Federer announces retirement from Professional Tennis
- Roger Federer Retirement: One of the greatest playing careers will come to an end when the 41-year-old Roger Federer announces his retirement after the Laver Cup in London.
- Federer, a 20-time Grand Slam champion, announced on social media that his final week at the LaVar Cup would be his professional play. The Laver Cup, a competition modeled after the Ryder Cup, was founded by Federer’s management company, Team 8.
- International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022: 16th September
- World Ozone Day or the International Day for the preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on the 16th of September. The day aims to create awareness about the importance and need of the Ozone layer which is the single protection on Earth against UV rays coming out from the sun.
- The UN Environment Programme also aims to bring awareness about the importance of getting rid of the substances that damage the ozone layer. It also calls for taking time-targeted actions to protect Earth’s protective shield.
- The theme announced by the UN Environment Programme for International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022 is ‘Global Cooperation Protecting Life on Earth.
I hope you Like this Current Affairs News on 16 September 2022 Please Like and Share it.
- GK Current Affairs viable of 15 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs viable of 14 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 13 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 11 & 12 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 10 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 8 & 9 September 2022
- GK Current Affairs of 7 September 2022
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना नई लिस्ट |
- BSF HC (RO), HC (RM) Recruitment 2022 - Post 1312
- High Court of Karnataka Group D Recruitment 2022 - Post 150
- UPRVUNL JE And Pharmacist Online Form 2022 Post - 31
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में इमेज बेस्ट कलेक्सन
- हैप्पी सरस्वती पूजा बेस्ट शायरी हिंदी में
- एक परिवार एक नौकरी योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री फसल बिमा योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शहरी लिस्ट
- सरकारी नौकरी देखे